MOONDROP X Crinacle Blessing2:Dusk is approaching!
Jan 24, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #63 of 101
Not sure, but if anyone is interested I may be selling mine. I made the mistake of listening to the S8... :p
..and what does it have that Dusk does not ?

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #64 of 101
..and what does it have that Dusk does not ?

better bass, better treble. dusk is ever so slightly too much bass sometimes and not enough treble presence in a true neutral sense. s8 is by far the most accurate BA earphone I've ever head. even it isn't perfect, but definitely the best I've heard. also seals better, although that actually gives me a bit of discomfort with such potential for vaccum pressure...

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #65 of 101
Been listening to mine for a few days now. Quite good in the sq sphere. fit is reasonable. Overall exceptional bang for buck. Thats the good news.

The bad? I find these unsuitable for outside usage - wind noise from the dd equilisation vent is too loud in anything more than and including a gentle breeze. Wind speed of more than 5 km/h and they’re pretty unusable. By comparison the vents on my other hybrids or dds - the AKG3003, Beyer xelento and Sony ier-z1r are fine with minimal noise - only the old UE 5pro and the Campfire Lyra (easily the worst for wind noise) have the same issues as the dusk.
Don’t get me wrong its a fine iem, i do however question whether most reviewers do ‘real world’ testing ie use it outside or on a commute or just do desktop testing...

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #66 of 101
Been listening to mine for a few days now. Quite good in the sq sphere. fit is reasonable. Overall exceptional bang for buck. Thats the good news.

The bad? I find these unsuitable for outside usage - wind noise from the dd equilisation vent is too loud in anything more than and including a gentle breeze. Wind speed of more than 5 km/h and they’re pretty unusable. By comparison the vents on my other hybrids or dds - the AKG3003, Beyer xelento and Sony ier-z1r are fine with minimal noise - only the old UE 5pro and the Campfire Lyra (easily the worst for wind noise) have the same issues as the dusk.
Don’t get me wrong its a fine iem, i do however question whether most reviewers do ‘real world’ testing ie use it outside or on a commute or just do desktop testing...
I live in Hawaii. It's windy here all the time. I walk with my Dusks for 2 hours per day. I do not experience any of the wind issues you describe. This may be a YMMV issue.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #67 of 101
I've had my Blessing 2 Dusks for over a month now and I can say that I love them as much as ever. I listen to them every day on my daily walk. They are perfect for that use case. I had been listening to them with my BTR5 bluetooth dac, but today I started using my Lotoo PAW S1 and this pairing if absolutely perfect. This could be one of the best price/performance pairings in the entire market. If you like clean, clear, balanced sound with great bass, it's hard to beat this pairing for under $500 out the door.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #69 of 101
absolutely. dusk is like a $300 benchmark practically
I knew that before I bought them, but until you've heard them, it's just an abstract notion. Now that I have them, I actually can't believe how good they sound. I feel the same way about my HD600 and HD650 full sized headphones.

I have higher end products like the Chord Hugo 2, HD800S, ZMF VC and Vision Ear VE8s and these very inexpensive IEMs still gets daily usage. That's how good they are.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #70 of 101
Just wanted to add a couple of things here after having mine for a few days. Stock cable and asla xelastic tips. I'm not usually an IEM guy these days. But there are times when that form factor is preferable. So I picked up some Starfields a couple of months back. I found myself using them more than I expected and so decided to go a bit deeper with the B2. I was somewhite concerned when early reviews mentioned slight BA timbre/shouty mids, thinner than the Starfields, even with the Dusk variant. But I don't hear that. For comparison, I found the Ananda too bright and shouty. You guys are spoiled these days, hunt down some Fisher DBA02s if you wanna here BA timbre!

At first listen they do sound a tad thinner than the Starfields, but I actually think that is just a function of greater clarity and resolution. I'm not a basshead at all and the sub bass on these is not overwhelming. Even when I listen to bass-heavy stuff like Burial, you get some nice rumble but perfectly in control and in proportion.

Lastly, I have narrow, sensitive ear canals but otherwise normal sized ears and I have not had problems with the fit of the Dusk. I bought some spinfits to try as well but preferred the fit of the xelastics.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #71 of 101
Just wanted to add a couple of things here after having mine for a few days. Stock cable and asla xelastic tips. I'm not usually an IEM guy these days. But there are times when that form factor is preferable. So I picked up some Starfields a couple of months back. I found myself using them more than I expected and so decided to go a bit deeper with the B2. I was somewhite concerned when early reviews mentioned slight BA timbre/shouty mids, thinner than the Starfields, even with the Dusk variant. But I don't hear that. For comparison, I found the Ananda too bright and shouty. You guys are spoiled these days, hunt down some Fisher DBA02s if you wanna here BA timbre!

At first listen they do sound a tad thinner than the Starfields, but I actually think that is just a function of greater clarity and resolution. I'm not a basshead at all and the sub bass on these is not overwhelming. Even when I listen to bass-heavy stuff like Burial, you get some nice rumble but perfectly in control and in proportion.

Lastly, I have narrow, sensitive ear canals but otherwise normal sized ears and I have not had problems with the fit of the Dusk. I bought some spinfits to try as well but preferred the fit of the xelastics.

Thanks for relating your experience.

I am still on the fence about getting one of the B2 variants. I have a DUNU DK-2001 that I love. I have two Starfield sets that I love. I keep debating in my head if the B2 or Dusk is what I should purchase now or wait for the next generation KXXS. does anyone have any direct experience with the DK-2001 and the two B2 variants that could give me some input?

Feb 4, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #72 of 101
Thanks for relating your experience.

I am still on the fence about getting one of the B2 variants. I have a DUNU DK-2001 that I love. I have two Starfield sets that I love. I keep debating in my head if the B2 or Dusk is what I should purchase now or wait for the next generation KXXS. does anyone have any direct experience with the DK-2001 and the two B2 variants that could give me some input?
Isn't there a "Dawn" version of these as well?

Feb 4, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #73 of 101
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back