MOONDROP X Crinacle Blessing2:Dusk is approaching!
Dec 25, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #31 of 101
B2 Dusk.jpeg

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #32 of 101
I spent a few more hours listening to the Dusks. Basically, it sounds great with anything that has a bass emphasis. So, modern pop, rock, R&B all sound good to me for the same reasons discussed above. For classical music, I finally found a chink in its armor. Due to the limit treble extension, classical music sounds only okay. When listening to Horowitz playing Mozart, for instance, the 2nd and 3rd harmonics are all missing. There is no sparkle to the music normally present. Soundstage is very good though. These IEMs could really use a couple more tweeters to round them out. After hearing these IEMs, I am now really interested in the Thieaudio Monarchs. I'll bet they solve some of these issues.

As I said earlier, the Blessing 2 Dusk are very impressive IEMs. I love them for classic 70's and 80's music and I am going to pick up a pair for walking around with. The added benefit to me is that they fit so well. Any, well done, Moon drop. You have a winner.

Dec 25, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #33 of 101
I spent a few more hours listening to the Dusks. Basically, it sounds great with anything that has a bass emphasis. So, modern pop, rock, R&B all sound good to me for the same reasons discussed above. For classical music, I finally found a chink in its armor. Due to the limit treble extension, classical music sounds only okay. When listening to Horowitz playing Mozart, for instance, the 2nd and 3rd harmonics are all missing. There is no sparkle to the music normally present. Soundstage is very good though. These IEMs could really use a couple more tweeters to round them out. After hearing these IEMs, I am now really interested in the Thieaudio Monarchs. I'll bet they solve some of these issues.

As I said earlier, the Blessing 2 Dusk are very impressive IEMs. I love them for classic 70's and 80's music and I am going to pick up a pair for walking around with. The added benefit to me is that they fit so well. Any, well done, Moon drop. You have a winner.

Do you have the B2 as well to compare to? I listen to mostly (50%+) soundtracks and was wondering whether the B2 is better than the Dusk for that?

Dec 30, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #37 of 101
Do you have the B2 as well to compare to? I listen to mostly (50%+) soundtracks and was wondering whether the B2 is better than the Dusk for that?
I've heard both the Dusk and the original B2. To me, the most obvious difference is in the bass. The Dusk has noticeably more. There is something going on in the mids, but I haven't had enough time to discern the exact differences. To me, the tonal balance of the Dusk is much better than the B2.

What type of sound tracks are you listening to? Pop music or Classical? I find both the B2 and Dusk to be fairly weak in treble response, so if you are listening to John Williams sound tracks, you may be disappointed. If you are listening to pop tracks with a lot of bass, you will like the Dusk. The clarity, separation, sound stage and resolution are very good with these IEMs so it won't sound bad. But then again, at $319, these are almost a no lose proposition.

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #38 of 101
got my dusk tonight! they sound awesome. i think i'm preferring them to the b2 overall... more bass, but doesn't bleed into the mids at all. there is the slightest slightest bit of less low mids but it is very slight and I think helps make the bass sound a bit tighter. Very well balanced. At first i had smaller tips and was wearing them too deep (too many years with the er4) and it wasn't as comfortable and a bit overly warm. But when I switched to the ideal tips and wear them at a normal depth they sound excellent..

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #40 of 101
I've heard both the Dusk and the original B2. To me, the most obvious difference is in the bass. The Dusk has noticeably more. There is something going on in the mids, but I haven't had enough time to discern the exact differences. To me, the tonal balance of the Dusk is much better than the B2.

What type of sound tracks are you listening to? Pop music or Classical? I find both the B2 and Dusk to be fairly weak in treble response, so if you are listening to John Williams sound tracks, you may be disappointed. If you are listening to pop tracks with a lot of bass, you will like the Dusk. The clarity, separation, sound stage and resolution are very good with these IEMs so it won't sound bad. But then again, at $319, these are almost a no lose proposition.

Can you provide feedback on how well the Dusk isolates? Thanks in advance.

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #41 of 101

Thanks. Regarding the type of soundtracks is a bit of both I guess? Most soundtracks I listen to are orchestral-based with some pop elements mixed in. My only other IEM I have is the Fiio FA7 so I don't have a lot of compare to anyways. Still experimenting around the <$500 range, but pretty sure from all the positive reviews for the B2 I wont be disappointed.

I ended up getting the B2 from HiFiGo since they include the import duties already in their price for the UK. The Dusk will just be more expensive (wont be just a $10 difference) for my case. Haven't arrived yet, but will update here on my impression once I get my hands on it.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #42 of 101
Can you provide feedback on how well the Dusk isolates? Thanks in advance.
For me, the isolation is great. But, I think that is mostly due to the fact that these IEMs are a perfect fit for me. The stock tips are easy to put on and I don't need to do much to get a good seal. As a result, the bass is deep and so is the sound isolation. I would prefer to use these on a plane over any of my noise cancellation headphones or IEMs. Furthermore, I walk every day and due to the fit, the sound is great. If they had a custom option, I would not opt for it because I don't think I could get a better fit than I have now.

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #43 of 101
Jan 11, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #45 of 101
I received the Dusk today. I don't know what all the reviewers are talking about. Or how I am hearing so differently. It sounds very dry and unnatural to me. I don't know any kind of burn in will help. For now it's not good IMO.
Maybe I should check some F graded IEMs in Crinacle's list, they could be what I am looking for, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back