Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #11,371 of 11,979
Tempotec Sonata E44 should bring it the best of them.
Have both the m15 and e44, the m15 is better in everything, especially in dynamics and mid timbre/tonality.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #11,372 of 11,979
I wish Moondrop released a "Variations SE" with Kato style of tuning, that would be killer.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #11,373 of 11,979
I wish Moondrop released a "Variations SE" with Kato style of tuning, that would be killer.
I was hoping for a Variations 2 release this year with more midbass/lower mid presence. And 4-6 multi BA setup for the mids. Subbass and treble is already perfect. Would be my perfect tribrid IEM. :ksc75smile:

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #11,374 of 11,979
I was just thinking the same thing. Coming from the IER-Z1R and the KATO the Variations sounded thinner and dryer. This give the Variations a clean and precise presentation.

Received my set a couple of days ago, and I can say they can stand toe to toe with Sony's top of the line. Very impressed with the precision in the highs
Variations.jpg

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #11,375 of 11,979

Good comparison between Quarks vs Chu's. I personally prefer the Quarks over the Chu's in terms of sound and ergonomics. They have a nice midrange tonality to them and just a pleasure to listen to for casual listening. Chu's are a bit of a overachiever, having slightly better technical performance. But kind of the same Moondrop house sound. Like a poor man's version of the Dusk. Both excellent values IEMs.

Side note: the new dark blue Kato's are looking sexy as hell. Pretty tempted in getting a pair. @MOONDROP any plans for a black version?

1658670759943.png

sorry for late reply.
We don't have plan for a black edition yet.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Aug 4, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #11,377 of 11,979
Hoping moondrop releases a tribrid flagship so that with that price they can actually fund rnd to shrink the nozzle size

Aug 8, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #11,379 of 11,979
How common are condensation/humidity problems with the Kato? Are the most recent batches still with this problem? Is there any way to prevent it?
What condensation / humidity problems are you referring to? I don’t recall having seen this mentioned, though it has been a while. I haven’t experienced it (my Kato were one of the earliest shipped). They are metal shells so that might be possible, of course.

Are you referring to clogged filters?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #11,380 of 11,979
What condensation / humidity problems are you referring to? I don’t recall having seen this mentioned, though it has been a while. I haven’t experienced it (my Kato were one of the earliest shipped). They are metal shells so that might be possible, of course.

Are you referring to clogged filters?
Yeah, clogged filters, humidity in the nozzle. I haven’t seen a lot of reports about it, but sure there’s some. Didnt believe until my Chu started to caught some humidity on the surface of the nozzle although no problem with the sound.

Aug 8, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #11,384 of 11,979
Aug 8, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #11,385 of 11,979
Well they did release a blue coloured version of the KATO a few weeks ago: https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/moondrop-presents-kato-in-all-new-dark-blue-color-variant

I think it is just a reskin, not sure if the internals were changed though.

Blue 2.JPG
Blue.JPG
Yeah, I think that’s just a resking, I checked upon it when it came out and didn’t find any changes besides color. So I guess the Kato will still be their DD flagship as it is, so I guess is time to grab one for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back