Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #10,636 of 12,007
Cool thanks for the research...I have the spin Tips for my Kato's but I don't use them. The spring tips are perfect for my ears and feel amazing. But options are good sometimes:)
I don't have the Kato but from photos the nozzle is quite different between the Kato and the Variations/Blessing 2, Variations/Blessing 2 doesn't have notch on the nozzle, it's really hard to find a good alternative tips.

Have you tried the SpinFit CP155 yet? I use them on my Variations exclusively and they are as if made for each other. The same goes for the Blessing 2 (OG/Dusk). They fit perfectly over the nozzle of the Variations, seal well and are really comfortable to my ears. They pretty much fit me like a custom IEM with these tips. Sound-wise, they retain the clean signature of the Variations while slightly boosting, or rather, emphasizing the lower frequencies.
I didn't try cp155, I could buy it later but looks like it's out of stock on amazon jp. The spinfit eartips is nearest to stock silicon IMO, usually it should be the 1st recommendation, but for some reason the cp145 doesn't seal perfectly with my ear which cause slightly light bass.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #10,638 of 12,007
Have you tried the SpinFit CP155 yet? I use them on my Variations exclusively and they are as if made for each other. The same goes for the Blessing 2 (OG/Dusk). They fit perfectly over the nozzle of the Variations, seal well and are really comfortable to my ears. They pretty much fit me like a custom IEM with these tips. Sound-wise, they retain the clean signature of the Variations while slightly boosting, or rather, emphasizing the lower frequencies.
Nope ..haven't. I only have one IEM..kinda a minimalist view I know. So as long as I really love the spring tips I just don't see a need. It allows seal but sound in a little ...and that make me feel better in my head as far as pressure build up(for me).

Nov 25, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #10,639 of 12,007
Hello to everyone.
On the right monitor of my Kanas Pro, the sound has completely disappeared. :frowning2: I am in Turkey. Can you guide me?
You may have tried these already, but (a) try a different cable, and (b) try a different source (phone, DAP, computer). If the sound was just much lower out of one earpiece I would suggest changing the filters, but this sounds like either a total failure of the earpiece, or hopefully a failure of the cable or the socket on the source. Best of luck yo you!

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #10,640 of 12,007
I am looking for a Bluetooth earhook product (such as Fiio utws 5, TRN BT30) to pair with my Kato. I am not sure which one can fit Moondrop's recessed 0.78 connector. Also I am using an iPhone so it better has the right codec. Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth earhook that works with Moondrop IEMs?
If there's no other preference... we do have a "little black" designed to fit our recessed socket.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/moondroplab/ https://x.com/MoondropLab https://www.instagram.com/moondroplab/ https://www.moondroplab.com https://discord.gg/qJrSWrT
Nov 25, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #10,641 of 12,007
Hello to everyone.
On the right monitor of my Kanas Pro, the sound has completely disappeared. :frowning2: I am in Turkey. Can you guide me?
It's probably just the filters that need changing if it's not the cable. Same thing happened to my KXXS and all I needed to do was order its filters from Shenzhen Audio here. Be sure to chose KPE in the options when you add to cart so that you order the correct filters.

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #10,642 of 12,007
Just wanted to chime in to say that the Aria might be the single best Audio Purchase I've done. Remember Westone W4R, UE900 and Triple Fi? All 300-400€ IEM's which were one of the best at their time. And I think the Aria has better tuning / coherency than them.. all that for 67€. Moondrop, you guys are nuts.

Also owned the Blessing 2 for some time and I like the more lifelike tuning of the Aria. It is oh so smooth yet not boring at all, I think I haven't found a better tuned IEM yet across all price ranges ( had the PP8 for some time which I would rank 2nd to the Aria when it comes to the sound signature). Sure technically there might tons of better IEM's, but that doesn't matter as much if the tuning is sooo well done. Ymmv, but this IEM is just made for me.

Nov 25, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #10,643 of 12,007
Just wanted to chime in to say that the Aria might be the single best Audio Purchase I've done. Remember Westone W4R, UE900 and Triple Fi? All 300-400€ IEM's which were one of the best at their time. And I think the Aria has better tuning / coherency than them.. all that for 67€. Moondrop, you guys are nuts.

Also owned the Blessing 2 for some time and I like the more lifelike tuning of the Aria. It is oh so smooth yet not boring at all, I think I haven't found a better tuned IEM yet across all price ranges ( had the PP8 for some time which I would rank 2nd to the Aria when it comes to the sound signature). Sure technically there might tons of better IEM's, but that doesn't matter as much if the tuning is sooo well done. Ymmv, but this IEM is just made for me.

If you like the Aria, check out their bigger brother the Moondrop KATO. That set is an improvement in most departments, while keeping a similar tonality. In addition, the KATO has tuning nozzles to change the presentation slightly.

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #10,644 of 12,007
I don't have the Kato but from photos the nozzle is quite different between the Kato and the Variations/Blessing 2, Variations/Blessing 2 doesn't have notch on the nozzle, it's really hard to find a good alternative tips.

I didn't try cp155, I could buy it later but looks like it's out of stock on amazon jp. The spinfit eartips is nearest to stock silicon IMO, usually it should be the 1st recommendation, but for some reason the cp145 doesn't seal perfectly with my ear which cause slightly light bass.
I got directly a perfect fit with Kato and M Tips like on the pic on page 709.

As for the Blessing 2, i definetly recommend the CP155. Got pain in my ear with a lot other tested tips before.

I got C155 S actually. Size M is shipped, will compare them soon.

Cheers

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #10,645 of 12,007
I got directly a perfect fit with Kato and M Tips like on the pic on page 709.

As for the Blessing 2, i definetly recommend the CP155. Got pain in my ear with a lot other tested tips before.

I got C155 S actually. Size M is shipped, will compare them soon.

Cheers
Thanks! I just order cp155 from a local shop, they should arrive tomorrow, I'll do the comparison again.

Nov 27, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #10,646 of 12,007
Did a new comparison about eratips for variations!

First photos, left is stock silicon, all S size (about 11mm):

1. final e black
01_final.jpg

2. final e clear
02_final_clear.jpg

3. final e clear red axis
03_final_clear_red.jpg

4. radius deep mount
07_radius.jpg

5. spinfit cp145
05_cp145.jpg

6. spinfit cp155
06_cp155.jpg

7. canalworks gel tips, recommended by @Vamp898 on other thread
08_canalworks.jpg

8.sednafit crystal
04_sednafit.jpg

all, same order as above, leftmost is stock foam
09_all.jpg
10_all_2.jpg

11_all_3.jpg
12_all_other.jpg

13_all_up.jpg
14_all_up_2.jpg

subjective opinion, may not be accurate:
  1. final e black: strong bass, mid and high are suppressed, the least canal pressure (most comfortable to me)
  2. final e clear: bass is little lighter than black but still strong
  3. final e clear red axis: I couldn't hear any difference between clear axis and red axis, maybe no at all?
  4. radius deep mount: signature close to stock silicon, the shape is quite different (thick outlet)
  5. spinfit cp145: bass is lighter than stock silicon, otherwise very close including feel of the material
  6. spinfit cp155: signature close to stock silicon (a bit treble focus maybe?), could inserted deeply
  7. canalworks gel tips: strongest bass, mid and high are suppressed, a little more pressure but better than foam
  8. sednafit crystal: brightest signature, very little canal pressure, but LSR material make my ear itchy
I didn't compare stock foam because I dislike almost all foam tips...

comparison in order, may not be accurate:
  • bass quantity:
    • canalworks gel tips
    • final e black
    • final e clear, final e clear red axis
    • radius deep mount
    • stock silicon
    • spinfit cp155
    • spinfit cp145
    • sednafit crystal
  • treble quantity
    • sednafit crystal
    • spinfit cp155, radius deep mount
    • spinfit cp145, stock silicon
    • final e black, canalworks gel tips
  • canal pressure (lighter one first)
    • final e black, final e clear, final clear red axis
    • sednafit crystal
    • spinfit cp155, stock silicon
    • spinfit cp145
    • radius deep mount
    • canalworks gel tips
I got cp155 today, it's very different to cp145, I think it's a very good alternative to stock tips if you want a similar but a bit cleaner signature. I really like final e in terms of comfort but can't take it for the sound signature change, hope final could made a new type with wider nozzle diameter. Radius deep mount should be a good choice too, just the shape of it is a little special. Canalworks gel tips is fun for the strongest bass and the meat ball (肉球) touch. Sednafit crystal is very comfortable IF your ear canal can handle LSR material, which I can't...

Done!

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #10,647 of 12,007
Hi! To Moondrop Aria owners: is it good for NON vocal music? Like ambient, elevtronika, post rock, classical, nu jazz etc? I really want to push the buy button.

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #10,648 of 12,007
Did a new comparison about eratips for variations!

First photos, left is stock silicon, all S size (about 11mm):

1. final e black

2. final e clear

3. final e clear red axis

4. radius deep mount

5. spinfit cp145

6. spinfit cp155

7. canalworks gel tips, recommended by @Vamp898 on other thread

8.sednafit crystal

all, same order as above, leftmost is stock foam

subjective opinion, may not be accurate:
  1. final e black: strong bass, mid and high are suppressed, the least canal pressure (most comfortable to me)
  2. final e clear: bass is little lighter than black but still strong
  3. final e clear red axis: I couldn't hear any difference between clear axis and red axis, maybe no at all?
  4. radius deep mount: signature close to stock silicon, the shape is quite different (thick outlet)
  5. spinfit cp145: bass is lighter than stock silicon, otherwise very close including feel of the material
  6. spinfit cp155: signature close to stock silicon (a bit treble focus maybe?), could inserted deeply
  7. canalworks gel tips: strongest bass, mid and high are suppressed, a little more pressure but better than foam
  8. sednafit crystal: brightest signature, very little canal pressure, but LSR material make my ear itchy
I didn't compare stock foam because I dislike almost all foam tips...

comparison in order, may not be accurate:
  • bass quantity:
    • canalworks gel tips
    • final e black
    • radius deep mount
    • stock silicon
    • spinfit cp155
    • spinfit cp145
    • sednafit crystal
  • treble quantity
    • sednafit crystal
    • spinfit cp155, radius deep mount
    • spinfit cp145, stock silicon
    • final e black, canalworks gel tips
  • canal pressure (lighter one first)
    • final e black, final e clear, final clear red axis
    • sednafit crystal
    • spinfit cp155, stock silicon
    • spinfit cp145
    • radius deep mount
    • canalworks gel tips
I got cp155 today, it's very different to cp145, I think it's a very good alternative to stock tips if you want a similar but a bit cleaner signature. I really like final e in terms of comfort but can't take it for the sound signature change, hope final could made a new type with wider nozzle diameter. Radius deep mount should be a good choice too, just the shape of it is a little special. Canalworks gel tips is fun for the strongest bass and the meat ball (肉球) touch. Sednafit crystal is very comfortable IF your ear canal can handle LSR material, which I can't...

Done!
This is great. I'll add my .02:

1. The rule of thumb is that the tip with more subbass quantity is the "objectively" better tip. Think of putting your IEM into your ears with no tips at all; you'd get no bass and all treble, the worst possible seal. Whether preserving as much bass as possible for your IEM is a personal preference.
- Under this rule of thumb, the general tendency of bass quantity comparing different brands (their material) is: Spiral dot > Final E > (most stock tips I came across) > spinfit > sedna xelastic/crystal

2. Another rule of thumb is that between two tips with the same bass quantity (relative to midrange), the one with more upper treble is the "objectively" better tip. Imagine if your ear canal is made of metal; you'd get nasty treble bouncing around, and zero diffusion. Whether preserving as much treble as possible for your IEM is a personal preference.
- Spiral dot is the most upper-treble-preserving eartip as well. Compared to Spiral dot, Final E lacks extension on both ends.

3. Eartips do have an impact on imaging, and this is not a byproduct of bass/treble extension. If you can hear it, it's hard to look pass it. I will not comment about this because I find this impact to be IEM-dependent.

Seems like canalworks gel tips vs Spiral dot would be a great competition.

Full disclaimer: I don't use spiral dot ++ as my main. I use Final E.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #10,649 of 12,007
Hi! To Moondrop Aria owners: is it good for NON vocal music? Like ambient, elevtronika, post rock, classical, nu jazz etc? I really want to push the buy button.

IMO yes, the Aria is quite an all rounder for most music genres. I bought mine at $57 USD a few weeks back, I think for the coin, it is one of the better sub $100 USD single DD sets.

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #10,650 of 12,007
This is great. I'll add my .02:

1. The rule of thumb is that the tip with more subbass quantity is the "objectively" better tip. Think of putting your IEM into your ears with no tips at all; you'd get no bass and all treble, the worst possible seal. Whether preserving as much bass as possible for your IEM is a personal preference.
- Under this rule of thumb, the general tendency of bass quantity comparing different brands (their material) is: Spiral dot > Final E > (most stock tips I came across) > spinfit > sedna xelastic/crystal

2. Another rule of thumb is that between two tips with the same bass quantity (relative to midrange), the one with more upper treble is the "objectively" better tip. Imagine if your ear canal is made of metal; you'd get nasty treble bouncing around, and zero diffusion. Whether preserving as much treble as possible for your IEM is a personal preference.
- Spiral dot is the most upper-treble-preserving eartip as well. Compared to Spiral dot, Final E lacks extension on both ends.

3. Eartips do have an impact on imaging, and this is not a byproduct of bass/treble extension. If you can hear it, it's hard to look pass it. I will not comment about this because I find this impact to be IEM-dependent.

Seems like canalworks gel tips vs Spiral dot would be a great competition.
Great insights! Seems spiral dots aren’t readily available in the US - at least on Amazon they are limited to very few size selections, and are very expensive. Do you know of sources?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back