Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #10,621 of 11,982
I am looking for a Bluetooth earhook product (such as Fiio utws 5, TRN BT30) to pair with my Kato. I am not sure which one can fit Moondrop's recessed 0.78 connector. Also I am using an iPhone so it better has the right codec. Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth earhook that works with Moondrop IEMs?

I know the Fiio won't fit the recessed connector. I've actually had issues finding any BT cable that'll fit a recessed connector unfortunately :/

Nov 21, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #10,622 of 11,982
I am looking for a Bluetooth earhook product (such as Fiio utws 5, TRN BT30) to pair with my Kato. I am not sure which one can fit Moondrop's recessed 0.78 connector. Also I am using an iPhone so it better has the right codec. Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth earhook that works with Moondrop IEMs?
The TRN BT30 will fit the KATO with the 0.78mm plug version. With iPhone, I think you stuck with aac instead of AptX.

Nov 22, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #10,623 of 11,982
Hi there. It's been a while since I lurked here. I'll try to do some back reading to an extent. haha

But what i'm really looking after for is does anyone have in depth insights on how the Kato is compared to the Aria and the B2 ( non dusk ). I own the latter two and am wondering if it's worth having or is it too similar to the Aria or not enough to add to what the B2 already has?
Anyone can share their thoughts on the three IEMs?

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #10,624 of 11,982
I'm using the BT20S Pro with my Aria and they fit together fine.

Nov 22, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #10,626 of 11,982
One thing comes to mind is replace the default filter with Tanchjim Filter.
It works to smoothen DQ6 peaky treble. Not sure whether it gonna work here.
Well, i have pulled out the default filter of my Moondrop Aria to look for that lower mids and bass per AmericanSpirit suggestion.
The bass somewhat increased, feels like it push more air, in the same time it cause the feels of it become abit more "loose"?
Not a bad thing, but yeah, it causes some changes which goes closer to my preferred sound.

But then Edric points out that he wants to lower the treble, i remember Riku filter suggestion and replied with "just put tanchjim filter on it".
And i was like, I have Aria and i have tanchjim filter from Tanya, why not just try it?

I did it, its my first filter install. Not quite centered and some got pushed inside (get a bit tilted) as i reinstall the eartips.
But umm, i just trying it out for 10 minute or so... its kinda good.
It still have bigger bass of the no-filter, but it have more "thump" and maybe bit more rumble(?) instead of the loose air feels that the no-filter give.

I'll try it out for the entire day to feel it out.
Sound alteration aside, i simply want to add a bit more protection to aria, the gaping hole of no-filter that might collect wax , lint or water is a bit worrying for daily driver.
---

If you dare to mod things a bit, KZ AZ09 Pro is pretty decent TWS connector.
You need to cut the C lip, so you could insert it to Moondrop recessed 2pin.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #10,627 of 11,982
Screenshot_20211122-115109_Instagram.jpg

Look, I know, just as it was before I got this, there are always levels to this. No one person's experience will be objective enough to remove the Subjectiveness to any one thing, especially in the Audiophile world. So for me...and for me alone...This is the best IEM I've heard in my life. I think everything that Moondrop did with this product and its development is such a breath of fresh air. The quality of this design screams $500+ but it's not even $200. There is no way such a high quality of an IEM's and the amazing packaging that Moondrop continues to show up with. And to be honest I would have paid $500 for these at least. The timber of the vocals, amazing mids, and very nice highs with the deepest separation of instruments I've ever witnessed. My music is on a different level when I use these IEM's, especially my ASMR listening. The biggest problem I might have moving forward is trying to convince myself to use my desktop Audiophile system while I have these sticking out of my pocket. I think this is the best quality item I have ever purchased. They look so amazing and sound so amazing.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #10,628 of 11,982

Look, I know, just as it was before I got this, there are always levels to this. No one person's experience will be objective enough to remove the Subjectiveness to any one thing, especially in the Audiophile world. So for me...and for me alone...This is the best IEM I've heard in my life. I think everything that Moondrop did with this product and its development is such a breath of fresh air. The quality of this design screams $500+ but it's not even $200. There is no way such a high quality of an IEM's and the amazing packaging that Moondrop continues to show up with. And to be honest I would have paid $500 for these at least. The timber of the vocals, amazing mids, and very nice highs with the deepest separation of instruments I've ever witnessed. My music is on a different level when I use these IEM's, especially my ASMR listening. The biggest problem I might have moving forward is trying to convince myself to use my desktop Audiophile system while I have these sticking out of my pocket. I think this is the best quality item I have ever purchased. They look so amazing and sound so amazing.
The more I listen to the Kato's I am loving them way more then the oxygens. My absolute favourite iems and male vocals are out of this world good. It's the first iem that has zero faults for me and just sounds rediculously good and especially so with the gold filters that gives incredible naturalness. One slight problem I did noticed though was a bit of filter imbalance meaning I heard variations of sound in the filters which lead to a bit of sound imbalance. However, I did manage to get more of the same filters and was able to reduce this imbalance. It's not the earphone itself but the filters were not accurately matched. Aside from this I'm not sure what single dd iem can top this apart from the illuminations maybe.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #10,629 of 11,982
If any of you want to listen to KATO wirelessly, I can recommend the new TRN BT30. It has plenty of power to drive the KATO (not that hard to drive to begin with).
20211123_081829.jpg

Nov 23, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #10,630 of 11,982
To anyone still waiting for their Matte Steel KATOs from Shenzhen Audio I recommend sending them an email. I was waiting for over a month, sent them an email and on the same day and they posted it. Perhaps they need a little polite reminder.

Nov 23, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #10,631 of 11,982
To anyone still waiting for their Matte Steel KATOs from Shenzhen Audio I recommend sending them an email. I was waiting for over a month, sent them an email and on the same day and they posted it. Perhaps they need a little polite reminder.

HifiGo notified me of the shipping of my matte steel Kato today too. :)

Nov 24, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #10,633 of 11,982
I was looking for alternative eartips for moondrop variations these days, here is my little comparison:

final e-type (clear and black): very comfort but opening was too small (3.5mm), mid and treble are overly suppressed
sednaearfit cystal (standard): comfort at first but ear cannel becomes itchy over time, maybe my ear can't handle LSR material, opening is larger than stock tips (6.7mm), make the tonality a bit brighter, resolution is better
spinfit cp145: comfort as stock silicon tips, opening was almost same (4.2mm), quantity of bass is slightly reduced
radius deep mount: very comfort, opening was same (4.0mm) as stock tips, tonality is almost same (little smoother treble and tighter bass)

bass quantity: final > radius ~= stock > sednaearfit > spinfit
treble quantity: sednaearfit > radius > spinfit ~= stock > final
resolution: sednaearfit > stock ~= radius > spinfit > final
comfort (just me): final > radius > stock ~= spinfit > sednaearfit

I choose radius deep mount for now but I'm wondering where the stock silicon tips come from because they are excellent compare to aftermarket tips, I know stock foam tips are misodiko but I can't found any information about the stock silicon tips (hifigo only sells stock foam tips).

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #10,634 of 11,982
I was looking for alternative eartips for moondrop variations these days, here is my little comparison:

final e-type (clear and black): very comfort but opening was too small (3.5mm), mid and treble are overly suppressed
sednaearfit cystal (standard): comfort at first but ear cannel becomes itchy over time, maybe my ear can't handle LSR material, opening is larger than stock tips (6.7mm), make the tonality a bit brighter, resolution is better
spinfit cp145: comfort as stock silicon tips, opening was almost same (4.2mm), quantity of bass is slightly reduced
radius deep mount: very comfort, opening was same (4.0mm) as stock tips, tonality is almost same (little smoother treble and tighter bass)

I choose radius deep mount for now but I'm wondering where the stock silicon tips come from because they are excellent compare to aftermarket tips, I know stock foam tips are misodiko but I can't found any information about the stock silicon tips (hifigo only sells stock foam tips).
Cool thanks for the research...I have the spin Tips for my Kato's but I don't use them. The spring tips are perfect for my ears and feel amazing. But options are good sometimes:)

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #10,635 of 11,982

Have you tried the SpinFit CP155 yet? I use them on my Variations exclusively and they are as if made for each other. The same goes for the Blessing 2 (OG/Dusk). They fit perfectly over the nozzle of the Variations, seal well and are really comfortable to my ears. They pretty much fit me like a custom IEM with these tips. Sound-wise, they retain the clean signature of the Variations while slightly boosting, or rather, emphasizing the lower frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back