Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #10,652 of 11,979
Great insights! Seems spiral dots aren’t readily available in the US - at least on Amazon they are limited to very few size selections, and are very expensive. Do you know of sources?
I buy spiral dot ++ from amazon. They are slightly better than the standard spiral dot. Full disclaimer: I don't use spiral dot ++ as my main. I use Final E.

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #10,654 of 11,979
@MOONDROP i received my Nekocake yesterday and it makes the bluetooth on my Mac go wild. If i use the Nekocake nearby my iMac the devices connected to the bluetooth on my Mac will disconnect :sweat:
Noted, we’ll try to reproduce the bug then solve

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Nov 29, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #10,655 of 11,979
@MOONDROP i received my Nekocake yesterday and it makes the bluetooth on my Mac go wild. If i use the Nekocake nearby my iMac the devices connected to the bluetooth on my Mac will disconnect :sweat:
Can you pm us some detail about the mac model and disconnected devices?

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Nov 29, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #10,657 of 11,979
Hi I'm very interested in Moondrop Variations based on the reviews as I love my bass slamming and punchy, however I already have an Earsonics Velvet V2 which also have good punchy bass but purely BA, I'm pretty happy with the Velvet V2 but I'm not sure if the newer Variations are an upgrade or sidegrade or how much of an improvement they have over a 5yr old IEM, any chance someone heard both and can compare? thanks!

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #10,658 of 11,979
I just received the Blessing 2's, grabbed them on a black Friday deal for £200, I didn't realise the nozzle was 7mm!!, even on the smallest tip they are a tight squeeze so not sure I'll be keeping them yet, they sound very nice, maybe a touch fatiguing in the upper mids, I don't feel that they are neutrally tuned, maybe the the Dusk's fit that criteria a bit better, I just feel they could do with a bit more 'body' to the sound, they don't sound 'natural' to me, probably doesn't help that my daily driver has been the HD6XX's recently!

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #10,659 of 11,979
I just received the Blessing 2's, grabbed them on a black Friday deal for £200, I didn't realise the nozzle was 7mm!!, even on the smallest tip they are a tight squeeze so not sure I'll be keeping them yet, they sound very nice, maybe a touch fatiguing in the upper mids, I don't feel that they are neutrally tuned, maybe the the Dusk's fit that criteria a bit better, I just feel they could do with a bit more 'body' to the sound, they don't sound 'natural' to me, probably doesn't help that my daily driver has been the HD6XX's recently!
Tip rolling really helps with the fit, the best tips I found for me are the Spiral Dot++, followed by the Spinfit CP 100. The CP100 is actually even more comfortable but soundwise the Spiral Dot with deep fit is the best IMO.

Regarding the tuning try EQ, you can try the PEQ settings shared by Toranku (attached)

Attachments

• blessing2.txt
    951 bytes · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #10,660 of 11,979
I own the HD6XX and HD600 are my main reference, and I also felt they were a bit bass shy. I believe they are tuned more with the Diffuse Field target of neutral in mind (also used by the Etymotics series) and to my ears that target needs more low end. The Harman target variants sound more balanced to my ears in regards to the lows (although I know our ears adjust to new sounds over time).

I agree Dusk is probably going to sound more balanced to both of us but I haven’t tried it.

Nov 30, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #10,661 of 11,979
I agree Dusk is probably going to sound more balanced to both of us but I haven’t tried it.
Try the PEQ I posted above - it mimicks the Dusk tuning.

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #10,662 of 11,979
Kato matte steel in the house since yesterday, very good earphone. :)

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #10,663 of 11,979
Tip rolling really helps with the fit, the best tips I found for me are the Spiral Dot++, followed by the Spinfit CP 100. The CP100 is actually even more comfortable but soundwise the Spiral Dot with deep fit is the best IMO.

Regarding the tuning try EQ, you can try the PEQ settings shared by Toranku (attached)
Thanks I'll give that PEQ a go, I actually have spare pair of Spinfit CP100's, I didn't think to try them as thought they wouldn't fit, was considering getting some Spinfit CP500's.

I'm not used to having this type of stem/nozzle without a ridge to seat the tips, i'm guessing you just push the tip on as far as it goes?

Just for clarification I'm quite new to the IEM game, in addition to the B2's I have the Tin HiFi T2's and Blon BL-05S, in terms tuning I love the T2's but obviously they lack the resolution of the Blessing 2's, also the bass is lacking a little, although tbh I'm not really a bass fanatic, prefer quality over quantity.

The Blon's kill my ears in the upper mids, bass is nice, more v-shaped sound sig overall, people say that can be solved with a better cable so I've ordered a Tripowin Zonie.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #10,665 of 11,979
My Moondrop Aria from 11/11 sale finally arrived. Initial thoughts:

- IEM looks very nice and feels weighty and solid
- Cable looks serviceable, I don't think I will upgrade it unless it falls apart
- Included case is small and I probably won't use them because I don't want to cause scratches, paint chip putting IEM it in and out of it.
- Comes with 6 sets of ear tips, is it just 2 sets of S, M, L? Couldn't tell if 2 sets of M are different or the same.
- Tried different sizes of ear tips included but it doesn't insert very deep even compared to Galaxy Buds Plus. I think I am getting the seal though just feels a bit different.
- I got so used to my ER2SE that Aria sounds like Bass Canons :beyersmile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back