Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #9,481 of 11,980
I am just itching to buy this iem. God help me w this temptation šŸ™šŸ¼ lol

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #9,482 of 11,980
Finally replaced the cable on Variations. Had no issue with the stock cable other than, for some reason, the heat shrink used for the ear-hooks irritated the backs of my ears.
If nothing else, the new cable matches better. :-D

Nice looking cable! What kind is it and who made it? Wow I really like how well it matches with variations!

Nope. Looks like it has left China though. Should be at customs some point this week so hopefully end of the week?

Same here currently have couple of cables and other items taking extra time to leave China.
On eartips search decided weirdly that a old pair jlab wireless earbuds tips made into hybrids are my favorites. There wide bore and make a better seal than either the eproā€™s or spin fits cp500 did for me. Think Iā€™m just going put the screens back on the variations and see if jlab still sells these tips.

Today makes a month since I received the variations and no buyers remorse at all with them. Iā€™m listening to Enya right and just amazed again how good they sound. Figure once I get the new cables this will take care of my audio upgrades. Really not expecting a huge change in sound with new cables, the stock cable didnā€™t include a chin strap and found I really miss it. Guess that and the screen/filters are my only nitpicks with the variations.

Speaking of screen I order a set of Moondrop replacements and some of the ones penon offers free with purchase of any item from the store. Should be fun to try out couple different screens with the variations.

https://penonaudio.com/5-pairs-of-in-ear-earphone-filter-grill.html

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #9,483 of 11,980
Finally replaced the cable on Variations. Had no issue with the stock cable other than, for some reason, the heat shrink used for the ear-hooks irritated the backs of my ears.
If nothing else, the new cable matches better. :-D

Variations-cable.jpg
I love the look of the black hardware, šŸ‘

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #9,484 of 11,980
Those who are interested to hear how the rest of the tips and cables sound on the Aria, maybe drop me a pm in a couple of months. I have vowed to stop actively expressing opinions in the public forums for the sake of my weak mental constitution. Even being open-minded, unassertive and unassuming with legitimacy isn't enough to evade triggering others at times because of our differences. Unable to force myself to withhold facts or be dishonest, even on perceived-to-be controversial topics such burn in and cables, has proven detrimental over time for my wellbeing in such an opinionated and debated sector (just like any other involving the senses, really), especially when I stand to gain absolutely nothing from it in the first place. Being unrelated to all levels of the industry, I knew my reputation would not matter; yet I forgot I was human and feelings can still hurt. I'll continue to lurk and maybe drop the occasional question to keep myself updated though :thumbsup:
I'm sorry if this unrelated to the thread,
but I have a sugestion for you,
hit the gym, go workout,
it will help your mental state a lot,
it doesn't takes a long time, only 20 minutes,
do it everyday, every single day.

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #9,485 of 11,980
I am just itching to buy this iem. God help me w this temptation šŸ™šŸ¼ lol
I see that you have the RSV there,
imagine it have an airier but still smooth treble,
a little bit thinner vocal,
little bit less textured but more impactful bass,
I'd say it is an all around improvement,

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #9,486 of 11,980
Joined the Moondrop club like 10 days ago with the Aria. Little firecracker! But now the two pin input/connector on the right side is coming "loose" and getting more and more wobbly by the day - expecting terminal damage soon. I'm not too worried as I bought from, correction "thru", Amazon.de but with reference to "something else" coming up hopefully soon I'm a little worried indeed. BTW - read the last 60 pages of this thread and would like to extend thanx for the effort, info, advise etc. you guys put into this ...

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #9,487 of 11,980
Joined the Moondrop club like 10 days ago with the Aria. Little firecracker! But now the two pin input/connector on the right side is coming "loose" and getting more and more wobbly by the day - expecting terminal damage soon. I'm not too worried as I bought from, correction "thru", Amazon.de but with reference to "something else" coming up hopefully soon I'm a little worried indeed. BTW - read the last 60 pages of this thread and would like to extend thanx for the effort, info, advise etc. you guys put into this ...
Try to switch the left cable with the right bud,
to make sure that the bud is loose, not the cable connector,

it could be the cable that faulty,
you could easily replace it,

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #9,488 of 11,980

Hi Strifeff7, thanx for advise. I'll try that. Just for reference - I'll wrote to "Moondrop" thru Amazon today to inform in advance about upcoming issues with the Aria and they/he is already sending a replacement unit to me. Really really fast response and action indeed ...

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #9,489 of 11,980

yup, after trying your "procedure" = problem is real - with both cables I use ...

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #9,490 of 11,980
Hi all, I posted this in the Softears thread but didnā€™t receive any reply. Iā€™m looking for your opinion about S8 vs Softears RSV. The tuning of the RSV seems to match my liking perfectly, however Iā€™m a sucker for soundstage and details. Many reviewers compared it directly with the S8, and said that itā€™s much worse in terms of separation and soundstage. My question is, how worse can it be? Do you find it that bad in detail and soundstage? I would love to try both, but due to my location, I can only buy them. The question is which one :D

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #9,491 of 11,980
I'm sorry if this unrelated to the thread,
but I have a sugestion for you,
hit the gym, go workout,
it will help your mental state a lot,
it doesn't takes a long time, only 20 minutes,
do it everyday, every single day.
Or if covid is a concern, Like Iā€™m concerning, my recommendation is get Oculus Quest 2, it cost about same with Blessing2, need nothing else (no pc, no gaming console), hooked it up and play FitXR and BeatSaber 20-30min a day, significant improvement over mental conditionšŸ‘

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #9,492 of 11,980
Hi all, I posted this in the Softears thread but didnā€™t receive any reply. Iā€™m looking for your opinion about S8 vs Softears RSV. The tuning of the RSV seems to match my liking perfectly, however Iā€™m a sucker for soundstage and details. Many reviewers compared it directly with the S8, and said that itā€™s much worse in terms of separation and soundstage. My question is, how worse can it be? Do you find it that bad in detail and soundstage? I would love to try both, but due to my location, I can only buy them. The question is which one :D
Not sure about, many reviewers part, I have said S8 upgrade, Anole VX(10BA) and RSV (5BA).

RSV is a reality simulator, if the original track is encoded with spatial information, it retrieves as-is, if the recording has indefinite staging, RSV simulate the same. If recording is made without staging, you will the ā€œin-the-headā€ type sound reproduction.
I have similar config mangird Tea (2treble ba + 4 mid ba + 1DD) with S8 (2 treble ba + 4 mid ba + 2 bass BA), and VX (10BA), yes separations Or layering of the image is the capability of high-count drivers. But when it comes to sounding natural, RSV got an upper-hand.

Itā€™s a choice of ā€œnatural sound ā€œ vs ā€œcrafted beautyā€

As I see you like Final Audio, the one pay attention to simulating reality, RSV might be a better pick, unless you like more fun sounding harman target S8.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #9,493 of 11,980
Not sure about, many reviewers part, I have said S8 upgrade, Anole VX(10BA) and RSV (5BA).

RSV is a reality simulator, if the original track is encoded with spatial information, it retrieves as-is, if the recording has indefinite staging, RSV simulate the same. If recording is made without staging, you will the ā€œin-the-headā€ type sound reproduction.
I have similar config mangird Tea (2treble ba + 4 mid ba + 1DD) with S8 (2 treble ba + 4 mid ba + 2 bass BA), and VX (10BA), yes separations Or layering of the image is the capability of high-count drivers. But when it comes to sounding natural, RSV got an upper-hand.

Itā€™s a choice of ā€œnatural sound ā€œ vs ā€œcrafted beautyā€

As I see you like Final Audio, the one pay attention to simulating reality, RSV might be a better pick, unless you like more fun sounding harman target S8.
RSV is all BA?

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #9,494 of 11,980
RSV is all BA?
Yea, 5BA details of composition is listed on this chart I recall
5448D3C8-69F8-435B-81FC-D92F3D8EAFE2.png

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #9,495 of 11,980
Moondrop posted this video on their Facebook page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back