Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #9,499 of 12,007
Hey all I realize this is a bit off topic but where is a good place to our purchase hires music for a DAP? I have always been a streamer(AmazonHD), and would like to start building a library for a DAP. So where is a good place for hires music?

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #9,500 of 12,007
Hey all I realize this is a bit off topic but where is a good place to our purchase hires music for a DAP? I have always been a streamer(AmazonHD), and would like to start building a library for a DAP. So where is a good place for hires music?
HDTracks, Qobuz, Pro Studio Master, 2L

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #9,501 of 12,007
Deezer?

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #9,503 of 12,007
Thanks. It's a GUCraftsman cable. OCC Silver.

Thanks have 2 mixed silver copper gold cables on order. Figure sell the one I don’t like and maybe trying out a all silver cable. How’s the silver sound with variations? Read that silver can sound bright and bring out treble more?

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #9,504 of 12,007
Not sure about, many reviewers part, I have said S8 upgrade, Anole VX(10BA) and RSV (5BA).

RSV is a reality simulator, if the original track is encoded with spatial information, it retrieves as-is, if the recording has indefinite staging, RSV simulate the same. If recording is made without staging, you will the “in-the-head” type sound reproduction.
I have similar config mangird Tea (2treble ba + 4 mid ba + 1DD) with S8 (2 treble ba + 4 mid ba + 2 bass BA), and VX (10BA), yes separations Or layering of the image is the capability of high-count drivers. But when it comes to sounding natural, RSV got an upper-hand.

It’s a choice of “natural sound “ vs “crafted beauty”

As I see you like Final Audio, the one pay attention to simulating reality, RSV might be a better pick, unless you like more fun sounding harman target S8.
Thank you for the explanation! I could name at least three reviews mentioned about RSV’s biggest weakness, which is soundstage. Anyhow, this is the last push I need! Hopefully I can keep myself from buying anything else (looking at the SeeAudio Bravery 😜)

Does anyone here purchase from Hifigo to an EU country? I inquired them about their tax-free shipping option through the contact form, but so far haven’t received any feedback.

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #9,505 of 12,007
Thanks have 2 mixed silver copper gold cables on order. Figure sell the one I don’t like and maybe trying out a all silver cable. How’s the silver sound with variations? Read that silver can sound bright and bring out treble more?
I haven't had a chance to spend much time with it yet. Just some initial listening for a few minutes to make sure it worked. I didn't notice anything that jumped out at me but it's definitely not bright. I'll report back after I spend a little time listening but honestly, I usually don't notice a big difference between cables. With me, when I do think I hear a difference it's more of a sense of something subtle that I can't always put my finger on. I already had this cable in my stash waiting for an IEM to try it with. I went with it because it matches pretty well with Variations, color wise :-D

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #9,506 of 12,007
Moondrop Quarks is in for review. So far, just a first look and measurement.

Frequency response: https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,Moondrop_Quarks

graph - 2021-08-10T191403.573.png

Some apparently channel imbalance in my unit, but doesn't immediately stand out in listening. (I haven't listened too long yet.) The cable is softer than I expected. I haven't found any way to differentiate L and R by feel, which can be annoying in the dark.

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #9,507 of 12,007
Thank you for the explanation! I could name at least three reviews mentioned about RSV’s biggest weakness, which is soundstage. Anyhow, this is the last push I need! Hopefully I can keep myself from buying anything else (looking at the SeeAudio Bravery 😜)

Does anyone here purchase from Hifigo to an EU country? I inquired them about their tax-free shipping option through the contact form, but so far haven’t received any feedback.
I have neither heard the RSV nor the S8 myself, but one thing that keeps popping up is a mention of the S8’s BA timbre. I am quite sensitive to this and wasn’t entirely happy with the B2’s sometimes slightly gritty sound, but the Variations, which supposedly use the same or similar BA drivers as the RSV, have excellent, clean mids. No BA timbre I can detect.

If timbre is important to you, the RSV might be the safer choice.

Aug 11, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #9,508 of 12,007
S8:
Instantly a wow moment, the details, soundstage, vocal clarity,

RSV:
This is so dull, what is this,
but after a while, it's amazing,
2 hours will pass, drawn to the music world,

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #9,509 of 12,007
I wonder if there is anywhere to try out Moondrop IEMs in the UK?

I haven't heard any EST hybrids that I like yet but the Variation might fit the bill

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #9,510 of 12,007
Anyone know the reason or experience before why the Dunu 02 cable can't fit into the variations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back