Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #9,451 of 12,004
Testing out some now. For treble is it airy upper treble or low-mid treble that you desire?
I'm interested in these Radius Deep Mount as well. It's hard to find a tip that can go deep without it pinching the tip of the barrel. Interesting idea. I'm definitely curious to hear your outcome. 👍

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #9,452 of 12,004
Finalists are Radius Deep Mount and Azla Sedna Short. The Sedna Short has even more bass presence to my ears and a more open, airy treble; the Deep Mount has a more focused sparkle and tighter (but not much stronger than stock tips) bass. If you value more bass it would be the Sedna Short and if you value more sparkle it would be the Deep Mount. Best if you have tracks for me to test directly with though :p

Aug 7, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #9,456 of 12,004

As well as some other rap music which you know have not so bright treble splashes due to mastering

Interesting listen- not something I'm quite familiar with :thumbsup:

Yup, overall bass presence is bigger on the Sedna Short, but the tightness of the bass on the Deep Mount can reveal slightly more bass detail and texture. With the cymbals right at the opening, the open airiness of the Sedna Short treble gives an impression of a live performance in a large room with some echo/reverb, while the treble of the Deep Mount is like they are recorded in a better-dampened studio; although there is more treble overall from the Sedna Short the Deep Mount tips actually make cymbals "jump out" at you more cleanly with a darker background, making them stand out more *in that sense

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #9,458 of 12,004
Aug 7, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #9,459 of 12,004
Radius Deep Mount
Bore size: small
Stem length: regular
Feel: sturdy and firm
Bass: 4.25
Midrange: 5
Treble: 5
Soundstage: 4
Vocal presence: 4.5
Just like the company’s slogan – Pure Comes True, Deep Mount is the most transparent of all eartips I have tested. Not suitable if your earphone is already bright.
Purchased from Bic Camera (Osaka, Japan)

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #9,460 of 12,004
Tennmak Whirlwind
Bore size: regular
Bass: 2
Midrange: 4.5
Treble: 4.25
Reduces bass and mid-bass significantly. Let vocal shines through.
Purchased from Tennmak Store on AliExpress

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #9,461 of 12,004
1. Azla SednaEarFit XELASTEC
Feel: soft, grippy and sticky
Bass: 4.0
Midrange: 5.0
Treble: 3.75
Soundstage: 3.50
Vocal presence: 5.0

The most expensive eartip in my collection. Isolation is impeccable. If you love vocals, THIS IS IT! Vocal presence is extremely 3D. Best of all it doesn’t affect bass and treble. Projects soundstage a bit narrower than regular SednaEarFit.

2. BGVP Electric Blue “ArtMagic VG4” Silicone Vocal Eartip
Feel: soft and flexible
Bass: 3.5
Midrange: 5.0
Soundstage: 4.0
Vocal presence: 4.0This eartip comes stock with BGVP ArtMagic VG4, ArtMagic V12 and DH3, labeled under “vocal” eartip. Highly-praised by Singaporean audiophile Reza Emmanuel as his standard reference, I must say this eartip is extremely comfortable, literally fatigue-free for long listening sessions. Sound is clean, tight and very well-textured. Bass and low-mids are detailed, punchy and dynamic. Midrange is clear with excellent separation. Upper-mids and treble are smooth and extended with good amount of air and spacial cues. Vocal position is ‘just nice” – that is neither too forward nor too laid-back. Soundstage is realistically wide without sounding too spread-out. Similar to SpinFit, this eartip comes with a pivoting umbrella/cap.
Specially-ordered from BGVP Taobao Official Store as they do not sell this eartip individually.

3.Elecom Spare Ear Cap (EHP-CAP10)
Bore size: wide
Stem length: short
Bass: 4
Treble: 4.5
Soundstage: 4.25
Vocal presence: 4.25
The brand Elecom is relatively unknown outside of Asia. These eartips surprised me with their exceptionally good sound and budget-friendly price. For ¥250 or US$2.50, you’ll get 4 pairs of eartips consist of X-Small, Small, Medium and Large sizes. Sound-wise, it is neutral tonality with emphasis in upper-bass and midrange regions (which adds body) as well as in vocals. I rank these higher than SpinFit CP-145 and on-par with Final Audio Type-E (black) eartips. Everybody should get these eartips if they ever come across it.
Purchased from Amazon.jp

4. Epro Horn-shaped Tips
Bore size: cone-shaped, tempered (4mm nozzle end, 5mm bell end)
Bass: 4 25
Treble: 4
Soundstage: 3.75
Made of graphene and unlike most eartips, Epro has a cone-shaped tempered bore of 4mm at nozzle end to 5mm at the bell. It adds warmth, body and texture to vocals It tames harsh and peaky treble exceptionally well too. It DOESN’T roll-off highs and kills the air and ambient like some other foam tips. What I really enjoy about the Epro is that it adds a buttery smooth to the overall sound which make harsh-sounding earphones, such as the KZ ZS6, listenable again.
Purchased from Treoo Singapore

5. FAudio “Instrument” Premium Silicone Earphone Tips
Feel: soft and firm
Bass: 5
Midrange: 4.75
Treble: 3.5
Very punchy, fun, musical-sounding eartips. Sub-bass is exceptional. Vocal and mids are laid-back. Soundstage is average.
Purchased from MTMT Audio, Hong Kong

6. Final Audio Type E (Clear, Clear/Red) 2020 Edition)
Feel: soft and sturdy
Bass: 4
Soundstage: 4 25
Sounds cleaner, clearer, brighter and tighter bass than conventional black Final Audio Type E eartip. Improved vocal lucidity. Tonally more accurate as well.
Purchased from Amazon Japan

7. Final Type E Silicon Eartips for True Wireless (black)
Feel: soft and pliable
Soundstage: 5
Vocal presence: 4
Probably my favorite eartips for true wireless earpieces. These eartips really open-up the sound without adding sibilance or harshness. Bass is tight, controlled, distinct with great texture and clarity. Vocal is neither too forward or backward… Just nice! Currently, my reference to gauge against other TWS eartips.
Purchased from MTMT Audio, Hong Kong

8. Radius Deep Mount
Bore size: small
Bass: 4.25
Just like the company’s slogan – Pure Comes True, Deep Mount is the most transparent of all eartips I have tested. Not suitable if your earphone is already bright.
Purchased from Bic Camera (Osaka, Japan)

9. Queen Lab Hybrid Silicone Memory
Bore size: wide
Feel: sturdy and very firm
Vocal presence: 4 5
Exceptionally good vocal presentations for hybrid. Tighter bass and clearer midrange compared to Symbio W. My favorite hybrid eartip.
Purchased from MTMT Audio (Hong Kong)

10. SpinFit CP240
Stem length: regular (double flange)
Feel: soft and sturdy
Bass: 3.75
Soundstage: 4.5
Vocal presence: 4
Exceptional clarity with good treble extension. Soundstage is one of the biggest I have heard. Vocal presentation is forward. Can get sibilant when matched with bright earphones.
Purchased from Stereo Electronics (Singapore)

11. SpinFit CP145
Vocal presence: 3.5
For neutral tonality with emphasis in midrange and vocal
Purchased from ConnectIT (Singapore)

These are on my list.
Anyone can suggest which 3 fits the variations best?

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #9,462 of 12,004
Totally agree with this, and it was exactly what I needed to balance my Arias.

11. SpinFit CP145
Vocal presence: 3.5
For neutral tonality with emphasis in midrange and vocal.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #9,465 of 12,004
Woke up too early in the morning and couldn't sleep. I grabbed variations and W2, listened to Enya... OMG, it's one of the most immersive listening seasons ever. The high feel like comes out of air, the smoothness of the vocal is mesmerising, and the rumble of the sub bass is soo satisfying.
Feels like Moondrop Variations is specifically made for Enya's album. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back