Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #8,131 of 11,982
@Chendu(Moondrop’s hometown) Expo 5/18.

some more pictures of Blessing-EST, variations. (Pic from Chinese baidu)

wow someone really got that SONY copy Orilious
B4741A10-FFEF-4B56-9815-0880F13BCE2F.jpeg3874CC05-5088-4DEF-B5E5-0572F47E1FF2.jpeg
In fact our boss have a copy DAT from another brand. He personally very fond of early daps/players while disliked antique earphones.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 1, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #8,132 of 11,982
@Chendu(Moondrop’s hometown) Expo 5/18.

some more pictures of Blessing-EST, variations. (Pic from Chinese baidu)

wow someone really got that SONY copy Orilious
B4741A10-FFEF-4B56-9815-0880F13BCE2F.jpeg3874CC05-5088-4DEF-B5E5-0572F47E1FF2.jpeg
I've had my eye on that Oriolus player; love that they used physical buttons for all the side controls. Just can't see any reality where it's worth the $2.2k asking price, but I'm glad you got a chance to play around with it.

Did you manage to make some listening impressions of the Variations while you were there?

Jun 1, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #8,133 of 11,982
I've had my eye on that Oriolus player; love that they used physical buttons for all the side controls. Just can't see any reality where it's worth the $2.2k asking price, but I'm glad you got a chance to play around with it.

Did you manage to make some listening impressions of the Variations while you were there?

Happy to confirm that that DAP’s not remotely worth $2.2K lol. It uses individual sliders for L/R channel volume. That’s cool in an analog sense, but they’re very difficult to dial in if you have a more sensitive IEM, and it’s a real pain just adjusting volume in general because they have to match. That wasn’t helped by the play the sliders exhibited (the build quality of the DAP felt cheap despite it being largely constructed of aluminum and being fairly substantial in-hand). I ended up using different IEMs to listen, but the person who let me demo it mentioned it also has noticeable ringing with more sensitive IEMs.

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #8,134 of 11,982

No, that’s not my pic, it’s someone from China.

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #8,135 of 11,982
KBEar makes good cable with understandable price: you can select 2pin with 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.4mm.
Aria runs great with balanced cable.

KBEAR Earphone Cable, Upgrade Cable Improves Sound, 24 Core Hybrid Braided 4N Copper and Silver Plated Copper IEM Cable, in- Ear Monitor Replacement Cable for Audiophile (2PIN3.5) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZHVZY9N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_61Z3SJ07MBZ49NAZC5BA
Thanks, there are a lot of KBEAR type cables with a different type of core in my local online store. Does the material of the cable affect the sound? or just pick the good looking one?

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #8,136 of 11,982
Thanks, there are a lot of KBEAR type cables with a different type of core in my local online store. Does the material of the cable affect the sound? or just pick the good looking one?
Oh boy....
Generally, all copper darkens, smooths.
Silver brightens, increases details.
Composite, little o’ this, little that.
More cores generally preferable to fewer but bulk/weight can become an issue.
Beware—major rabbit hole ahead, although I do hear changes with different cables. Not always though. Oh, and 16 cores can be a scam. Something to do with all the soldering necessary but seldom done. $0.02.
Oh and there’s a dedicated cable thread. Discovery thread is good too

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #8,137 of 11,982
You may tell by your ear, and if all materials and cables make the same sound, I bet there aren’t many options as we have right now on the market.
When I purchase a cable I do consider microphonic and the touch of the cable tough, if the material is too hard, long term listening is almost impossible.

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #8,138 of 11,982
You may tell by your ear, and if all materials and cables make the same sound, I bet there aren’t many options as we have right now on the market.
When I purchase a cable I do consider microphonic and the touch of the cable tough, if the material is too hard, long term listening is almost impossible.

Indeed. The ultimate test is not sound quality but comfort. For portables I usually go 2-core copper. Simple and does the job. Less slapping around when travelling around.

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #8,139 of 11,982
Guys,

Looking closely at my Aria cable today, I saw that some threads in the fabric are out of place. This is normal? Because it's not even 60 days old and it didn't leave my desk, I didn't take it anywhere.

This is the only part of the cable that this happened, I didn't notice if it arrived like this or if it happened during use.

I'm asking because I don't have experience with this type of cable and didn't intend to switch.

20210603_013343.jpg

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #8,140 of 11,982
Guys,

Looking closely at my Aria cable today, I saw that some threads in the fabric are out of place. This is normal? Because it's not even 60 days old and it didn't leave my desk, I didn't take it anywhere.

This is the only part of the cable that this happened, I didn't notice if it arrived like this or if it happened during use.

I'm asking because I don't have experience with this type of cable and didn't intend to switch.

20210603_013343.jpg
i dont know but, its probably normal, the threads cut maybe because of use, fingernails, scratches, etc. just a guess. then again i dont know what caused it but shouldnt be a problem other than maybe being annoying visually and feeling it tickle the back of your ear if it does.

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #8,141 of 11,982
Guys,

20210603_013343.jpg

Unfortunately this is normal and will happen even with super careful use. That's also why I personally don't like this type of cable shielding at all (along with the fact that cables of this kind are more prone to absorbing any sort of fluids to some degree as well as some dirt/dust).

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #8,142 of 11,982
Guys,

20210603_013343.jpg
Pretty normal for the fabric covering, general ware and tear. But I do recommend to try some other cables though, that stock one although the touch is nice but sound tuning is V-shape.

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #8,144 of 11,982
For now my Aria have 20h of burn in. The sound is OK. Not so good with Jazz and blues music.
Must wait.

regards,
Simon
Hello,

my Aria now on 60h burn in. Much better, much. I only listened to them at the beginning, then at 20h and now at 60h. So it’s not about "brain in".
The Aria is all stock, only iron filter is removed. This is on LG V40. Thanks for the recommendation.

regards,
Simon

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #8,145 of 11,982
Hello,

my Aria now on 60h burn in. Much better, much. I only listened to them at the beginning, then at 20h and now at 60h. So it’s not about "brain in".
The Aria is all stock, only iron filter is removed. This is on LG V40. Thanks for the recommendation.

regards,
Simon
How did it change? What improved?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Fusi
Back