Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #8,161 of 11,979
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #8,162 of 11,979
Moondrop Aria arrived. First impressions very good, quite similar tonally to the T2+ which I am a big fan of, but with a bit more sub-bass making it more dynamic. Technicalities also seem to be a bit better than the T2+ and are pretty good across the board, except for imaging which seems a bit vague (though considering the price point there is little sense in complaining). Of course all this is straight out of box with little burn-in, which after the Penon Globe I now definitely believe in for DDs. Stock cable and tips are good, I’ve rolled a few tips and at the moment have landed on the RHA Dual Density which have essentially become my go-to tips these days.

Ergonomically these things are great, most comfortable for side-sleeping of any IEM I’ve ever tried.

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #8,164 of 11,979
Hello,

today my Aria rich 80h of burn in. Very good. Especially when I drive them with my new rme adi-2 dac. What a bass....
Which filter are you using? I had to change to the mesh filter from metal filter to get some bass. Source is UP4.

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #8,166 of 11,979
Jun 9, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #8,167 of 11,979
I spent 10 hours today with Aria(iron filter removed & recabled to KBEar's pure-silver), Can't wait for Blessing-EST to come with this LCP driver for the bass range! It will be god-almighty.

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #8,168 of 11,979
Design should be complete this month, so expect demo units soon.
I'm happy to demo Variations:L3000: Can compare variations to Blessing 2, Blessing 2 Dusk, and pure-upgrade candidates such as See Audio Yume, Tri Starsea or upper competitors such as DUNU SA6, Thieaudio Monarch in the range, which I believe most of the potential buyers are concerned.

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #8,169 of 11,979
Design should be complete this month, so expect demo units soon.
I'll have the Etymotic EVO coming through soon. Would be nice to have a basis for comparison. Please consider me if you happen to do an open tour.

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #8,170 of 11,979
I’ve had some more time with the Aria and rolled some more tips. Currently using the ePro Horns, I appreciate how they enhance the texture and microdetails of the Aria.

At this point (based on the excellent tonality and timbre, combined with decent technicalities) I’m pretty sure the Aria will get my vote for the best current sub-$100 all-rounder.

Jun 10, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #8,171 of 11,979
Anyone know of a US seller that sells Blessing 2 filters? Also open to tip recommendations. Excited to try my first Moondrop product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-011007.png
    Screenshot_20210610-011007.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 10, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #8,173 of 11,979
Brilliant indeed...

20210610_082622.jpg

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #8,174 of 11,979
Guys, I think my right side of Aria is dying.

From the beginning of the week to now, the volume on the right side just got lower.

I contacted the AliExpress store and they asked me to change the filter. I changed it, but it didn't solve the problem (I already imagined that wasn't it).

I recorded this video and sent it to them:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NJuzCeZkERVdmpWGA

They said that the problem was not very clear. Can you hear? For me it's very audible that the right side is MUCH lower, I hardly feel the bass on the right side, it's practically muted.

I was unlucky. The point is that sometimes it works well, sometimes it gets low. The store offered me a possibility of a partial chargeback, but that doesn't make sense to me, what am I going to do with just one functional side of an IEM? And I don't know if the problem is bad contact on the cable, or some internal component on the right side. @MOONDROP , help me, please.

Jun 10, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #8,175 of 11,979
Guys, I think my right side of Aria is dying.

From the beginning of the week to now, the volume on the right side just got lower.

I contacted the AliExpress store and they asked me to change the filter. I changed it, but it didn't solve the problem (I already imagined that wasn't it).

I recorded this video and sent it to them:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NJuzCeZkERVdmpWGA

They said that the problem was not very clear. Can you hear? For me it's very audible that the right side is MUCH lower, I hardly feel the bass on the right side, it's practically muted.

I was unlucky. The point is that sometimes it works well, sometimes it gets low. The store offered me a possibility of a partial chargeback, but that doesn't make sense to me, what am I going to do with just one functional side of an IEM? And I don't know if the problem is bad contact on the cable, or some internal component on the right side. @MOONDROP , help me, please.
Apart from earphones being defective, there are a few more possibilities of volume being lower on right side.

1. Moisture buildup - Probably your sweat is causing this or the weather of your location. Usually common in high humidity regions.

Solutions - Use a dehumidifier which eliminates moisture or age old method of keeping them in rice jar/bottle. Keep them for 2-3 hours and they should be fine if this is the issue.

2. Cable connection - Connector of your earpiece is probably damaged or your cable's pins are damaged. Try cable rolling and check. At times, poor seal due cable is also a reason for this.

Solution - Try with different cables. If there's any change, then that's likely the cause of it.

You should try these checks. And, if you have removed iron filters then check whether some wax has made it's way to driver. Just clean your IEMs with a cotton swab or something similar.

If anything mentioned above doesn't help then I'm sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back