Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 22, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #8,041 of 11,979
Are to me it depends.
The only carrier that didn't lost package in my memory was DHL, but as you know they were kinda too expensive for tours if you are only making decisions for something like blessing 2.
FedEx used to lost ny Nintendo switch (pretend they delivered on 6am and they never do)
Ups used to deliver my cousin's laptop to another building...(and plus 1-2missing package during earlier times of covid 19 where we don't have anyone to monitor package, I would say it's not their fault though)
Basically their honesty depend on their local employees...not quite much difference, but we do have to get things going.
Ah..right even Amazon the one supposed to have best R&D resource in the world got gps issues and always deliver my packages one street across😭 DHL indeed never missed any packages but they are the one of the most expensive service indeed. Hope you get the tour packages back to your hand👍

By the way RSV is really the spade of reality simulator...I just played a live recording, and noticed I haven’t used RSV for a while, put RSV on, then I was again shocked by RSV’s capability of simulating personal hearing.

I have to say there are no other IEM that works as reality simulator except RSV...this thing disappears when listening into live recordings. Great job!

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #8,043 of 11,979
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
May 22, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #8,046 of 11,979
Herbert (Moondrop's CEO) posted a graph on their discord for the "Variations":
mmexport1621562075440.jpg

Dunno if it's just a prototype or final tuning, but FR-wise it follows their traditional harman-ish target.

And also their new ultra-budget (~$10 USD):
IMG_20210518_172242.jpg

IMG_20210522_164813.jpg

May 22, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #8,050 of 11,979
May 22, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #8,052 of 11,979
88DAD301-206A-4495-8624-80BF0C72F8C1.jpeg
7704038E-FA36-4AED-8A5C-854BA768AAC0.jpeg

Moondrop Sparks:
OOTB, this immediately become my favorite TWS over AirPods pro.
-Wide diffusion field
-cohesive overall tonality
-bright neutral with slight bass floor lifted, not harman level.
-3-4khz area is a bit bright with a good consequence of vocal transparency.
-Not offensive bright to my standard, it’s about same as Sennheiser’s HD560S class.
-For extra $5, you a nice leather case with 水月雨 Moondrop kanji icon.
-piano sounds very welcoming on Sparks. Especially nocturnal type slow and mellow one.
-comes variety of ear tips(regular silicone, bass boost thin skin, form, AND shorter tips)
-good deeper insertion to keep TWS stable, and this helps for smaller ears for the housing not directly interfering with ear.

Moondrop nailed it
👍

Basically it’s about same price with Aria $80 vs Sparks $90+5 for leather case if you want.

Sound Quality wise Aria is on upper hand, but not very far, both has wide sound stage, tuned right, bass may sound a bit more engaging on Sparks with bass boost tips on.

Great for pops, with vocal focus, and inoffensive back stage music & good bass, it matches perfectly with pops /EDM.

Why would I choose Sparks over Airpods Pro? The bass, on AptX, with bass boost ear tips that came with Sparks, it’s a promising Oomph experience, not just ear canal, but inner nose also get a sense of bass resonance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back