Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 24, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #8,071 of 12,003
@MOONDROP
....your Sparks got technical glitch. The connection reset is by keep pressing both TWS for 3 seconds. But my left side TWS lost connection and keeps paring mode, I was trying to reset the connection but left side seemed now behaving as independent mode, the “pressing both TWS for 3 sec” hard reset needs both TWS at synchronized mode to take effect. It’s a design flaw.
Now I have two “Moondrop Sparks” showing on Bluetooth list both works on independent mode, if left side is connected right side looses connection, vice versa. Useless by 2nd day of arrival.
Samsung Galaxy Buds has the same problem (all models). Users found a solution, but I can't tell you what it was (I forgot), by searching Google a bit you will find the answer, at least for Android, for iPhone I don't know if there is a solution.

May 24, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #8,072 of 12,003
Samsung Galaxy Buds has the same problem (all models). Users found a solution, but I can't tell you what it was (I forgot), by searching Google a bit you will find the answer, at least for Android, for iPhone I don't know if there is a solution.
I was trying some but I ended up wasting 30minutes in my life, yea thanks I’d better google it.
Now this is what makes Apple a easy go-to offering.

May 24, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #8,073 of 12,003
I was trying some but I ended up wasting 30minutes in my life, yea thanks I’d better google it.
Now this is what makes Apple a easy go-to offering.
Try this:

Forget Sparks from your list of bluetooth devices. Then, inside the case, perform the Sparks reset procedure.

In the case of Buds, if they are inside the Case, you just had to keep your finger pressed on both sides for 3s that they reset - the led flashes -, in Sparks the procedure must be the same (the time must change, keep your finger pressed for more per preoccupation).

This was because a side disconnected during an update or something, I don't really remember, but it is a very common TWS problem in general.

May 24, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #8,074 of 12,003
Try this:

Forget Sparks from your list of bluetooth devices. Then, inside the case, perform the Sparks reset procedure.

In the case of Buds, if they are inside the Case, you just had to keep your finger pressed on both sides for 3s that they reset - the led flashes -, in Sparks the procedure must be the same (the time must change, keep your finger pressed for more per preoccupation).

This was because a side disconnected during an update or something, I don't really remember, but it is a very common TWS problem in general.
Thanks, I already tried that. And 30minutes of waste of time didn’t fix the problem. I’m returning this junk.

May 24, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #8,075 of 12,003
Thanks, I already tried that. And 30minutes of waste of time didn’t fix the problem. I’m returning this junk.
This is sad, you know?

I had Buds at launch and my right side just died (a few days ago, 83 days out of warranty). It is a very common problem and Samsung does nothing.

You had this problem with Sparks which is a super common problem with TWS.

Today, I am simply afraid to invest in a TWS that is not from Apple, but as I have nothing from Apple, I think it would not be a good investment.

May 24, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #8,076 of 12,003
This is sad, you know?

I had Buds at launch and my right side just died (a few days ago, 83 days out of warranty). It is a very common problem and Samsung does nothing.

You had this problem with Sparks which is a super common problem with TWS.

Today, I am simply afraid to invest in a TWS that is not from Apple, but as I have nothing from Apple, I think it would not be a good investment.
Yea..well I just contacted the seller for replacement it’s a second day since arrival, the seller has 30 day free return.
I like the sound of Sparks, so I’d just asl for a replacement, or maybe Sparks will magically be fixed tomorrow.

Apple airpods pro got actually better SQ than Sparks, pretty neutral tuning. Only sad part is yea it only pairs seamlessly only with apple products, since I use both Apple/Amazon’s smart home electronics, at least airpods pro works as great solutions for noise canceling weightless buds, for Apple TV, ipad, iphone etc.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #8,078 of 12,003
@MOONDROP
....your Sparks got technical glitch. The connection reset is by keep pressing both TWS for 3 seconds. But my left side TWS lost connection and keeps paring mode, I was trying to reset the connection but left side seemed now behaving as independent mode, the “pressing both TWS for 3 sec” hard reset needs both TWS at synchronized mode to take effect. It’s a design flaw.
Now I have two “Moondrop Sparks” showing on Bluetooth list both works on independent mode, if left side is connected right side looses connection, vice versa. Useless by 2nd day of arrival. C’mon...even KZ TWS has no issues like this.

D37E9EAE-E8F3-43B5-8133-AA50B720396E.jpeg
We are sorry about the inconvenience caused, please contact shenzhenaudio for replacement information, we'll work on this glitch ASAP.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
May 24, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #8,079 of 12,003
Try this:

For sparks it was 8 seconds...
But anyway this shouldn't happen.

May 24, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #8,080 of 12,003
Yea..well I just contacted the seller for replacement it’s a second day since arrival, the seller has 30 day free return.
I like the sound of Sparks, so I’d just asl for a replacement, or maybe Sparks will magically be fixed tomorrow.

Apple airpods pro got actually better SQ than Sparks, pretty neutral tuning. Only sad part is yea it only pairs seamlessly only with apple products, since I use both Apple/Amazon’s smart home electronics, at least airpods pro works as great solutions for noise canceling weightless buds, for Apple TV, ipad, iphone etc.
Maybe try bruno's method with 8 second?
Out reset button was designed with 8 second wait time before reset when you press them in box.

May 24, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #8,081 of 12,003
Is this separate from the Softears RSV tour being organized by Shenzhen Audio?
It's unrelated.
The RSV tour here is for customers.
Shenzhenaudio's tour was generally for reviewers.

May 24, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #8,082 of 12,003
Maybe try bruno's method with 8 second?
Out reset button was designed with 8 second wait time before reset when you press them in box.
@Bruno Ibanes @MOONDROP
Thanks. Reset procedures completed by 8 sec in box one!

Also, I recommend to add that info to user guide:
86E94F25-FD1E-4812-A838-9DDD30EEA391.jpeg

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #8,083 of 12,003
Hi guys,

Been reading this thread for a while now, decided to make my first post here. I'm still fairly new to IEM/audio, please pardon me if I ask something foolish. :triportsad:

I got my Moondrop Blessing 2 a while ago and loving it. Recently I'm looking for some DAC/AMP to go with Blessing 2, mainly will be using it with mobile phone so I'm looking at something that is portable like USB/dongle type.
I came down to these:
1) Lotoo paw S1
2) ibasso DC03
3) Dragonfly cobalt (a bit out of my budget)
4) Tempotec sonata HD PRO

and.... have anyone use this?
5) Tanchjim Stargate

For those DAC/AMP I'm hope to find something that can compliment the sound signature of Blessing 2, giving more 'air space' and layering (listening to more of instrumental/post rock like 'Toe', 'Mogwai', 'Sigur Ros') but not too much emphasize on bass. Out of those 5 I've only tried out Dragonfly so far, first impression was it render the vocal, drum cymbals, violin etc sound more 'buttery smooth' which i really like.
I'm also really interested in Lotto Paw S1 and saw some post that mentioned it, does it pair well with Blessing 2? How will you describe the sound in general?
Appreciate any other recommendation too!

Another subject about ear tips....
After using stock ear tips M size, I switched to spinfit CP155, M size. It is fairly comfortable but I wanted to explore more, hoping to find greater isolation & comfort.
I tried Azla sedna light S and MS size, unfortunately they do not fit me well. Even with S size I feel really uncomfortable within 30 minutes of listening. Really disappointed with them despite good feedback from many users. I wonder if I should get size SS and give it another try because I feel they bring out better sound from Blessing 2.
Others tips I have yet to try are final type E (can't seems to get them to fit in place), JVC spiral dots, Radius deep mount.
I'm now looking at MIS-tips by Moondrop themselves. I've never used foam tips before and saw a few users post them here. Do they offer greater isolation? and how do they alter the sound...in a good way?

I hope I don't make this post too long :)
Thanks in advance!

May 24, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #8,084 of 12,003
Hi guys,

Been reading this thread for a while now, decided to make my first post here. I'm still fairly new to IEM/audio, please pardon me if I ask something foolish. :triportsad:

I got my Moondrop Blessing 2 a while ago and loving it. Recently I'm looking for some DAC/AMP to go with Blessing 2, mainly will be using it with mobile phone so I'm looking at something that is portable like USB/dongle type.
I came down to these:
1) Lotoo paw S1
2) ibasso DC03
3) Dragonfly cobalt (a bit out of my budget)
4) Tempotec sonata HD PRO

and.... have anyone use this?
5) Tanchjim Stargate

For those DAC/AMP I'm hope to find something that can compliment the sound signature of Blessing 2, giving more 'air space' and layering (listening to more of instrumental/post rock like 'Toe', 'Mogwai', 'Sigur Ros') but not too much emphasize on bass. Out of those 5 I've only tried out Dragonfly so far, first impression was it render the vocal, drum cymbals, violin etc sound more 'buttery smooth' which i really like.
I'm also really interested in Lotto Paw S1 and saw some post that mentioned it, does it pair well with Blessing 2? How will you describe the sound in general?
Appreciate any other recommendation too!

Another subject about ear tips....
After using stock ear tips M size, I switched to spinfit CP155, M size. It is fairly comfortable but I wanted to explore more, hoping to find greater isolation & comfort.
I tried Azla sedna light S and MS size, unfortunately they do not fit me well. Even with S size I feel really uncomfortable within 30 minutes of listening. Really disappointed with them despite good feedback from many users. I wonder if I should get size SS and give it another try because I feel they bring out better sound from Blessing 2.
Others tips I have yet to try are final type E (can't seems to get them to fit in place), JVC spiral dots, Radius deep mount.
I'm now looking at MIS-tips by Moondrop themselves. I've never used foam tips before and saw a few users post them here. Do they offer greater isolation? and how do they alter the sound...in a good way?

I hope I don't make this post too long :)
Thanks in advance!
Holy crap postrock gang!!
Mogwai, toe, 65days, Explosion in the sky are still on my lists for post-rock.

For players have you considered wireless amp like FiiO BRR5, Qudelix 5K? Wireless technology nowadays have greatly improved, not a “ehhh sounds like airplane freebie with chair’s dongle” type mess anymore. If your main listening is not gonna be all lossless, and be staying with like Apple’s iTunes music/spotify type streaming music, those wireless amps does 90% job.

For tips for Blessing2, Spiral Dots works fine, I’m using SpinFit CP series, depending on mood to chose those(CP100 /CP145/CP155/CP360/CP500).

P.S.
your musical preference background and SpinFit experience reminded me of my Japanese friend Who I recommend blessing2😂

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #8,085 of 12,003
Holy crap postrock gang!!
Mogwai, toe, 65days, Explosion in the sky are still on my lists for post-rock.

For players have you considered wireless amp like FiiO BRR5, Qudelix 5K? Wireless technology nowadays have greatly improved, not a “ehhh sounds like airplane freebie with chair’s dongle” type mess anymore. If your main listening is not gonna be all lossless, and be staying with like Apple’s iTunes music/spotify type streaming music, those wireless amps does 90% job.

For tips for Blessing2, Spiral Dots works fine, I’m using SpinFit CP series, depending on mood to chose those(CP100 /CP145/CP155/CP360/CP500).

P.S.
your musical preference background and SpinFit experience reminded me of my Japanese friend Who I recommend blessing2😂
Hooyay! post rock gang!
Explosion in the sky are still one of my favorite.

I did came across FiiO BRR5. In general I try not to get bluetooth amp/devices these day...main reason is I hate to get interrupt and cut off. With a few App developed as a Covid-19 measure here in my country, my ANC headphone get cut off 80% of the time when I launch the app.
And also... one less device I need to worry about charging :smile:

I will definitely get my hands on on JVC spiral dots!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back