Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #5,896 of 12,007
Btw, I hear that KXXS need around 100 hour of burn in but i not sure how, i used 1more app to burn in some of my head phone before. But i currently curious how ppl actually burn in their iem?

Just let them play music on one of your devices while you're not using them! I don't think either the source or the content really matters. IMHO you should just use them and let yourself adjust to the sound. I think that makes more of a difference than anything, at least in my experience with the KXXS.

The KXXS is a great IEM overall, and I just wrapped up a review on why it remains a personal favorite IEM. You guys can view this here on Head-Fi or through my site.

And a quick YouTube video on the SSR as well!

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #5,897 of 12,007
I think it's still fair to ask for an estimate. If it's a manufacturer you're working with closely (which it sounds like they are), you can usually at least figure out their best guess on a ship date.
From what i heard is the country of the factory where the driver is produced is effected by lockdown. Which is why they can't give exact estimation

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #5,898 of 12,007
WOW, I must say that the Moondrop Blessing 2 sounds even better on the Ibasso DX160 than it ever did on my Fiio M11. It is a bit warmer and less analytical making it more fun and enjoyable for me. I can even use Trance music where the bass quantity and quality is important but still enjoy it a lot (which I didnt really do on my M11). The Blessing 2 and the Tin Hifi P1 really pairs better with the DX160 than on the M11.

It also sound wonderful with DX150+AMP9, the tube in AMP9 makes the music sound magical.

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #5,899 of 12,007
Hey y'all,

I decided to buy a used pair of blessing 2s and they sound great. Different sound than the fdx1 but different uses too, very happy.

I'm very jealous of the KXXX for having that beautiful looking cable. Is this the same one?

https://apos.audio/collections/cabl...bort-iem-upgrade-cable?variant=31898892664906

Does this mean that I can get a discount on the cable by buying the KXXX and selling it used with a $10 cable?? :)

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #5,900 of 12,007
Hey y'all,

I decided to buy a used pair of blessing 2s and they sound great. Different sound than the fdx1 but different uses too, very happy.

I'm very jealous of the KXXX for having that beautiful looking cable. Is this the same one?

https://apos.audio/collections/cabl...bort-iem-upgrade-cable?variant=31898892664906

Does this mean that I can get a discount on the cable by buying the KXXX and selling it used with a $10 cable?? :)
No that is not the stock cable for the KXXS.

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #5,902 of 12,007
Jul 8, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #5,904 of 12,007
Yall are no fun lol
I'm funny I'm german we are always funny. Let me tell you a joke

I was going to the Beergarden then there was the waitress then she asked me what do you want then i said 2 beer then she said but you are alone then i said yes and i want 2 beer

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #5,906 of 12,007
Hi there, i want to tell you that for Blessing 2 is very important the selected source, recently i've bought Opus # 2 and the sound is very pleasant. I was very surprised when I heard a very deep and precise bass, male vocal have more body,
not tiny, like before with Hiby R5 and Fiio X7 II.
And highs are more accurate, with better detalisation, but without any distortions. I would say that Blessing 2 are very musical and the sound is very comfortable, but still pretty technical. So the pairing with the source is very important and Blessing 2 likes a better source. Very soon I will compare them with Sony IER M7, will see if Blessing 2 could would compete with more expensive iems.

Attachments

• 999_1593503973775~2.jpg
    999_1593503973775~2.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #5,907 of 12,007
Hi there, i want to tell you that for Blessing 2 is very important the selected source, recently i've bought Opus # 2 and the sound is very pleasant. I was very surprised when I heard a very deep and precise bass, male vocal have more body,
not tiny, like before with Hiby R5 and Fiio X7 II.
And highs are more accurate, with better detalisation, but without any distortions. I would say that Blessing 2 are very musical and the sound is very comfortable, but still pretty technical. So the pairing with the source is very important and Blessing 2 likes a better source. Very soon I will compare them with Sony IER M7, will see if Blessing 2 could would compete with more expensive iems.

I think what you said is nothing new. Blessing 2 plays music and shows its technicalities. For the record, it can compete with iems in its price range.
It may struggle a bit if you compare it with more expensive ones.

Happy listening.

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #5,909 of 12,007
Jul 10, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #5,910 of 12,007
Spent more time with SSR, throwing all kinds of recordings, from compressed radio stations to Hi-Res™ recordings including the brightest and very energetic albums. I really tried to understand what is that unfathomable "shouty" horror people describe but failed. Soundstage is gorgeous and open. Plenty of details. Overall sound is not powerful and slamming but very nice and balanced. Comfort is really good, I slept for a couple of hours today with them after being unable to survive the heat and didn't feel any pressure. Tip rolled a bit and found those long wide bore BL-03 tips (Oppotips) the best so far. Isolation is pretty good.
What I wanted to say, If you have them on the way and already upset because of certain opinions you shouldn't be, I think. If they were sounding harsh I would never even touch them again, because when something sounds harsh and cold my teeth start to hurt and nothing can justify that to me. I think this small driver is very nice. For whatever reason it needs at least 10db more volume in my foobar2000 compared to other earphones. I was expecting to be disappointed but it didn't happen. It still can happen with a stealth re-tune and more refined version, leaving me and the others with beta version for losers but I'm hoping this is not that kind of company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back