Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #5,926 of 11,982
Well, nothing I can say now that hasn't been said before by other people here. Coming from generic V-shaped Chifi and warm IEMs (Final E-2000, iBasso it01, Oriveti New Primacy), it took me sometimes to get used to the presentation of the S8. It's like when you are in an overly crowed room and decide to walk outside to take a breath of fresh air. They just feel fresh.

Bass lacks that physical tackle, but not lacking in quantity. Not a bad bass response as it digs pretty deep and stays clear from the lower-mid but it's just there, you hear it more than you can feel it. Bass is meant to be felt in your chest, so I already disagree with myself for thinking "Well, since I don't need much bass, BA bass should be fine" before. Guys, you don't know what you have until it's gone, so tell people you love that you love them today. I love my DD bass.

Mids and treble is very transparent and I don't find the treble to be hot at all, probably due to the deep fit as I advise everyone here to go after. Deep-fitting them eliminates most of the unwanted resonances, making the S8 more coherent.
I can't talk about the "timbre, tone, staging ability etc.." because I'm not informed enough to be actually qualified to make a comment on matters. In other words, I don't know s**t about ***. I think I have made the right choice here, kind of happy with my new toy.

Bruv. That was one of the best authentic posts I've read in a bit. I get the gist. Good music requires good bass that digs into your hips (even if it's suggested via brain burn). I'll trade the unnaturally "fast" for some good heartfelt texture 9 out of ten.
Just my opinion.

Nice assessment mate! I'll definitely follow your writings from now on!

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #5,927 of 11,982
Well, nothing I can say now that hasn't been said before by other people here. Coming from generic V-shaped Chifi and warm IEMs (Final E-2000, iBasso it01, Oriveti New Primacy), it took me sometimes to get used to the presentation of the S8. It's like when you are in an overly crowed room and decide to walk outside to take a breath of fresh air. They just feel fresh.

Bass lacks that physical tackle, but not lacking in quantity. Not a bad bass response as it digs pretty deep and stays clear from the lower-mid but it's just there, you hear it more than you can feel it. Bass is meant to be felt in your chest, so I already disagree with myself for thinking "Well, since I don't need much bass, BA bass should be fine" before. Guys, you don't know what you have until it's gone, so tell people you love that you love them today. I love my DD bass.

Mids and treble is very transparent and I don't find the treble to be hot at all, probably due to the deep fit as I advise everyone here to go after. Deep-fitting them eliminates most of the unwanted resonances, making the S8 more coherent.
I can't talk about the "timbre, tone, staging ability etc.." because I'm not informed enough to be actually qualified to make a comment on matters. In other words, I don't know s**t about ***. I think I have made the right choice here, kind of happy with my new toy.
I actually entirely agree with the guy above, one of the more sane, coherent and easy to read reviews I've seen on this site.

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #5,929 of 11,982
Bruv. That was one of the best authentic posts I've read in a bit. I get the gist. Good music requires good bass that digs into your hips (even if it's suggested via brain burn). I'll trade the unnaturally "fast" for some good heartfelt texture 9 out of ten.
Just my opinion.

Nice assessment mate! I'll definitely follow your writings from now on!
I actually entirely agree with the guy above, one of the more sane, coherent and easy to read reviews I've seen on this site.
Glad that you guys enjoyed the read, we just need to spread out the words, get more soldiers in so we can bring down the weeb overlord that is Moondrop.

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #5,932 of 11,982
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #5,936 of 11,982
Just a quick question guys, because I dont want to start a new thread. Can the Starfield be worn cable down? I know the shape of housing and nozzle says no, but has anyone tried?

Also, I have Final Audio E4000. Are these too close sounding to Starfield to bother? Thanks guys.

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #5,937 of 11,982
Just a quick question guys, because I dont want to start a new thread. Can the Starfield be worn cable down? I know the shape of housing and nozzle says no, but has anyone tried?

Also, I have Final Audio E4000. Are these too close sounding to Starfield to bother? Thanks guys.

Both have totally different designs, and Starfield is worn with cable over the ear.

Tonally, they're very different as well. I'd say they can compliment each other.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #5,938 of 11,982
OK thanks for that. I asked because they are both known as bassy with polite top end? Maybe I am wrong, still working out what type of IEM I like. I have e series and t3's. E2000 seems best balanced to me so far.

So Starfield must be worn over ear due to the design/shape of the shell, or because of cable hook? Sorry if it seems like a repeat question but I wnat to maybe try Starfield but really need to know if i can spin it to face cable pins down. I appreciate the help Kenz.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #5,939 of 11,982
OK thanks for that. I asked because they are both known as bassy with polite top end? Maybe I am wrong, still working out what type of IEM I like. I have e series and t3's. E2000 seems best balanced to me so far.

So Starfield must be worn over ear due to the design/shape of the shell, or because of cable hook? Sorry if it seems like a repeat question but I wnat to maybe try Starfield but really need to know if i can spin it to face cable pins down. I appreciate the help Kenz.

One thing is that both E4000 and Starfield do not have piercing highs, with the Starfield being more laidback in presentation. The E4000 is more energetic by comparison.
Tonally they're also different and if you like the E2000, the E4000 will be an easier option to pick up and enjoy.

Starfield shell design has the 2-pin located at the upper half of the body, making a cable down use awkward. The Final E series "bullet" design makes wearing over or down way more flexible.

Take your time to explore the sound you're searching for, though watch the spending as it can get a little out of hand once we're "caught in the moment" :L3000:

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #5,940 of 11,982
Legend Kenz, thanyou for the info. I also own the E4000 as well as E2000, and if Starfield is more laid back, I don't think I want that, the e4000 seems laid back enough for me, maybe too much at times. I also dont want to wear the cable over ear. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back