Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #5,837 of 11,979
Does anybody knows if the FiiO LC-BT2 bluetooth neckband works well with the Moondrop Starfield? I am not sure if its 2-pin connectors fits well.
Not very sure since I can't see the width for the connectors(they don't look like standard recessed 2pin)
Starfield use standard recessed 2pin.
(And also we have our own Bluetooth cable the little black!)

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 30, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #5,838 of 11,979
I have posted my SSR review here on headfi but somehow it need moderator approval...

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #5,839 of 11,979
Not very sure since I can't see the width for the connectors(they don't look like standard recessed 2pin)
Starfield use standard recessed 2pin.
(And also we have our own Bluetooth cable the little black!)

I own a little black bluetooth module. Simple and serviceable. I like it, but I am interested in more battery life and features.
Yeah, those connectors don't seem compatible. A hack would be required to install proper connectors.

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #5,840 of 11,979
Just a spot of feedback about tip rolling on the Starfields. I got my hands on a set of e-Pro Horn-shaped tips, and I'm very happy with the results. Compared to the stock tips, which I already found to be very good, there was slight improvement in sound across the whole spectrum. This made the Starfields even better for me.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #5,841 of 11,979
Jul 1, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #5,844 of 11,979
Any opinion on buying the blessing 2 from a Chinese eBay Vendor? They say they provide 1 year warranty. Just wondering why there are still some in stock as though people are avoiding it..
If the seller is reputable, I don't see why not. As always, check their rating. But if you feel uncertain, it's best to buy from an official storefront.

Jul 1, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #5,846 of 11,979
A comparison between SSR (purple) and sony mh755 (green). I don't have the SSR but maybe it sounds similar to the MH755, which is a $5 IEM rated highly by Crinacle. Maybe even more if you cover the side vents. I personally have the MH755 and I love it. Though I've always wanted to try out a beryllium-coated DD. I hear they are the "absolute best diaphragm material" and among the most expensive.
SSR vs MH755.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #5,847 of 11,979
A comparison between SSR (purple) and sony mh755 (green). I don't have the SSR but maybe it sounds similar to the MH755, which is a $5 IEM rated highly by Crinacle. Maybe even more if you cover the side vents. I personally have the MH755 and I love it. Though I've always wanted to try out a beryllium-coated DD. I hear they are the "absolute best diaphragm material" and among the most expensive.
Capture.JPG

Don't think the SSR and MH755 will sound the same though, the SSR has lesser bass than the MH755. Even though the mids and treble look similar on graphs, we can't just take certain frequencies in isolation, as the ears take the entire frequency spectrum when listening, so the lesser bass in the SSR will make the upper mids/treble of the SSR sound comparatively brighter. Plus graphs don't tell some subjective elements like timbre, details, imaging, instrument separation.

I don't have the SSR, but I already found the MH755 to be borderline harsh on the upper mids sometimes, and this is with the MH755 being bassier than SSR. I gave the SSR a miss as such, but am quite keen to check out the SSP (bassier variant) when it comes out.

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #5,848 of 11,979
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jul 3, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #5,849 of 11,979
Got my blessing 2's about a month ago and have been very happy with the sound quality up until now. But this morning I think one of the right side drivers failed. Instead of playing music properly it makes a buzzing sound at some frequencies. If I mess with the faceplate when I'm listening it changes the amplitude of the buzzing, but changing cables and amplifiers has done nothing to fix it. I'm pretty heartbroken as these are the highest end IEMs that I own and it's past the 1 month return window on shenzhenaudio. Does anybody on here have suggestions for what channels I should go through to possibly get them replaced (moondrop or shenzhen)?

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #5,850 of 11,979
Shenzhen Audio offers 2-years' warranty on the B2, so you're covered if you got it from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back