Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #5,522 of 11,982
Do you feel they are on par with the CA offerings from a technical standpoint? Where did you order from and about how long did it take to receive a shipping confirmation?
I would definitely say they are at the very least on par with the Solaris and perhaps just behind the Andromeda (thanks to its amazing treble performance). Frequency response wise I much prefer these over both. I can see myself preferring Solaris on some tracks with its gimmicky (not meant in a bad way, it's a really really good gimmick) natural live sound stage. In terms of the DD on Solaris, I believe the B2 edges it out, this DD is incredibly detailed and quick without lacking any physicality and still being punchy. It could be that the CFA house sound just isn't for me, especially with the mids.

I ordered it off of Shenzhen Audio last Thursday afternoon (6/4 12pm) after their business hours and it arrived today (6/8). Whenever I placed the order Thursday afternoon, I got shipping notification from DHL within 24 hours (6/5 4am)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #5,523 of 11,982
Yes, my biggest gripe with the solaris was the timbre of the bass. It sounds the same as the Atlas, just tamed down correctly. I think I ordered my B2 from Shenzen on Friday. I've been looking for a hybrid with a paper cone dd for a while. I wanted the Solaris to be an Andromeda with a Bio-Dyna driver added on to the bottom.

Jun 8, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #5,524 of 11,982
Yes, my biggest gripe with the solaris was the timbre of the bass. It sounds the same as the Atlas, just tamed down correctly. I think I ordered my B2 from Shenzen on Friday. I've been looking for a hybrid with a paper cone dd for a while. I wanted the Solaris to be an Andromeda with a Bio-Dyna driver added on to the bottom.
Hard for me to really a/b them since the Solaris is long gone now. Judging from the frequency graph as someone who leaned towards being a basshead, I assumed that I would have an issue with the Blessing 2 but I was pretty wrong. The first thing that wow'd me was the bass, it's extremely well separated from the other frequencies, I never have to hunt or seek the bass frequencies, it's always there and ever present and thick without it being overbearing or overshadowed at least with the Sedna which personally give me the best seal.

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #5,525 of 11,982
Also as a warning, there is a dust filter sticker on the nozzle but it's held on by a weak adhesive, I've already accidentally rubbed one off while tip rolling.

Same thing happened to me, lol. Those Sednas are very difficult to get on there. You mentioned you were happy with the bass response, but if you ever feel it’s lacking, I’d recommend swapping to the stock tips! I find the Sednas kill the bass some, and it makes it sound reminiscent of the OG Blessing.

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #5,527 of 11,982
Hard for me to really a/b them since the Solaris is long gone now. Judging from the frequency graph as someone who leaned towards being a basshead, I assumed that I would have an issue with the Blessing 2 but I was pretty wrong. The first thing that wow'd me was the bass, it's extremely well separated from the other frequencies, I never have to hunt or seek the bass frequencies, it's always there and ever present and thick without it being overbearing or overshadowed at least with the Sedna which personally give me the best seal.

You sold the Solaris quickly. Now you have 3 new hybrid IEMs with 3 different levels of bass quantity and characteristics. A great trio!

Jun 9, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #5,528 of 11,982
Won't be long now I'm sure, looks like these are going out to lucky reviewers maybe and pre order soon after I guess.👍
101960043_726021904824442_5791316458841688742_o.jpg

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #5,531 of 11,982
Looks like the SSR is gonna cost 40 usd and be released on 15-18th june. Source: Discord server.

I might instant buy it at that price. And seems that DHL shipping is only 15 usd extra so dont have to wait for months...hopefully.

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #5,532 of 11,982
Looks like the SSR is gonna cost 40 usd and be released on 15-18th june. Source: Discord server.

I might instant buy it at that price. And seems that DHL shipping is only 15 usd extra so dont have to wait for months...hopefully.
My exact reaction, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back