Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #5,506 of 12,004
Thank you for the comparison. Good information. I very well may get a set of the B2s. :)

I'm listening to both left channels at the same time, volume matched...
Rock
Jazz
Kpop
Metal
Salsa
Acoustic guitar

They're definitely a big step up if you're looking for a fuller sound. Just as easy to drive, more bass and treble extension, greater sense of space, very similar sibilance (RE-600 is just louder), mids(vocals) are shifted slightly bassward and a bit more natural sounding.

The RE-600s are great if you want to focus on high flying electric guitar solos or vocals. The treble shifted pitch makes the mids sound a bit more energetic. I'm going to get a replacement if I can. Hoping they don't cut me off at #4 -- we'll see!

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #5,508 of 12,004
To think that RE-600s' used to go 400$ some years back sounds crazy!
Just goes to show how overpriced Hifiman was and overpriced per mediocre performance the iems were. Lots of sucky iems being touted as audiophile stuff looking back. Re-600 kinda sucked, and Hifiman cannot control their tuning. Their latest TWS is a big joke.

Was stuff presented here on Headfi even that much better than the mainstream with such crapoy tunings I wonder?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #5,509 of 12,004
Just got my Blessing 2 earlier today, first impressions below.

Unboxing experience is 'meh', cardboard outer box with Moondrop mascot, the grey packaging box inside though feels rather sturdy. Accessories are also just fair, you get 6 pairs of tips, 0.78mm cable and an airplane adapter as well as a carrying case. Carrying case provided will definitely provide protection for your Blessing 2, just not entirely sure why Moondrop made it so big, portability is definitely out of the question, heck even putting inside your bag seems a bit too much. Cable itself is rather comfortable, but the plastic connectors feel extraordinarily cheap, I don't necessarily hate it, but for $320 I'd expect something a tad more.

Here comes the IEM itself, faceplate feels and looks decent, well other than the part that I've got my artwork engraved on it I absolutely adore it, albeit smaller than I have expected. The transparent resin part is a fingerprint magnet, definitely not a big fan of it, although it doesn't really show it all too much. Fit is very personal, I've seen multiple reviews of it mentioning the nozzle being too big, its definitely on the bigger side but for me it felt great, fits snugly in ear canal, HOWEVER, trying to fit smaller nozzle sized eartips on it is frankly very tedious, but I ended up settling for the Acoustune AET08 L for today.

First audio impressions, let me get this out of the way but the first song I heard with it, all I thought was that the bass felt underwhelming, BUT, also within the same song, I knew I would fall in love with this IEM the more I listen to it, simply because of how great the vocals (or the entire midrange for the matter) sounded. For the past like 6 hours of listening to this newly acquired B2, I've simply been drooling over how good some vocalists sound on this. Overall sound (for now) I would describe as clean, spacious. I think the treble of the B2s contribute a lot to the spaciousness that it has, although the B2 doesn't have like w i d e soundstage, the entire sound just feels spacious, like there is a lot of air within the instruments and vocals. Though again, bass still feels ever so slightly underwhelming for me, a simple EQ did the trick (for the most part), will explore more into it in the coming days.

Right now I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would, ngl, this blind buy I did is probably one of the best decision I've done in my life. I'll try and write a better and complete review in a week or two.

B2.jpg
20200606_012605.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #5,510 of 12,004
Just got my Blessing 2 earlier today, will share my impressions in a bit

Nino's looking good on there! Custom waifu engraving takes the Blessing 2 to the next level. Don't @ me even.

I touched upon it in my review, but the laser engraving Moondrop is using is really clean. There's zero smudging, and they're even able to capture some of the very fine line details.

Looking forward to hearing your audio impressions as well.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #5,511 of 12,004
Nino's looking good on there! Custom waifu engraving takes the Blessing 2 to the next level. Don't @ me even.

I touched upon it in my review, but the laser engraving Moondrop is using is really clean. There's zero smudging, and they're even able to capture some of the very fine line details.

Looking forward to hearing your audio impressions as well.

Yea when I unboxed the IEMs I really liked how clean the engraving was, my phone camera probably didnt picked it up but on the hair ribbons there are some small details that they managed to etch on it, which is just mindblowing tbh.

I've also added my first impressions on my original post, feel free to check it out.

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #5,513 of 12,004
Finally jumped on these beauties, enjoying the sound so far, nice and balanced but definitely not boring, haven't heard a single track or genre yet where things have seemed "off".
3E47686A-4FF0-449D-A2DB-5F1EC053BBF0.jpeg

Yes, I’ve been listening to the Starfield for a few days now and am astounded by their natural timbre and tone. The mids are the highlight for me, which sound very transparent. The Starfield has a way of resolving which just sounds effortless. They don’t dissect or throw details in my face but instead invite me in.

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #5,514 of 12,004
Yes, I’ve been listening to the Starfield for a few days now and am astounded by their natural timbre and tone. The mids are the highlight for me, which sound very transparent. The Starfield has a way of resolving which just sounds effortless. They don’t dissect or throw details in my face but instead invite me in.
I think the word 'effortless' really is a key word in describing the Starfield. I find it's 'effortlessness' very appealing. It's my 'Zen' IEM.

Jun 6, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #5,515 of 12,004
I think the word 'effortless' really is a key word in describing the Starfield. I find it's 'effortlessness' very appealing. It's my 'Zen' IEM.

Yes been really impressed with mine and sometimes I cannot believe the price for what you get.
In Sonic terms the Starfield delivers at many levels everyone of my family and friends who've sampled them loves them and they don't fall down with any musical genre there are a great allrounder.
They make a great combo with either The ifi Zen and ifi Hip Dac there a fine musical pairing with either.🙂

Jun 8, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #5,518 of 12,004
Which version of sedna works for you and what is your normal size?
Those look like Short, Light, ML? Doh! Bad guess. :slight_frown:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back