Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #5,476 of 11,982
No waifu no laifu. :wink:

Hear hear! ~Uguu~

I had a small surprise today with my Blessing 2 order from Apos (placed on Sunday). I won't post the full email, but I suspect there was some hiccup in their inventory numbers with the introduction of the new wood variants. A member of their support team let me know the plain steel version is actually out of stock until 6/4 and that they would be giving me a partial refund of $10 + expedited shipping to make up for the inconvenience. This is all in the same email without giving me a chance to whine and complain (not that I would! :relieved: ).

Having been out of the headphone world for a few years, it's nice to see new distributors/online stores really making an effort to please customers in a proactive way. Bonus points for their meme-plastered website and automated emails/signatures.

My positive remarks here are unsolicited. Don't even @ me.

Jun 2, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #5,477 of 11,982
SSR Super Spaceship Reference

IMG_20200602_092915.jpg

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #5,478 of 11,982
Hi everyone,
I've been out of the headphone game for a few years. My 3rd, and longest lasting warranty replacement of the RE-600 (thank you v2) took a dive into my washing machine and subsequently my dryer. Similarly my backup 1st warranty replacement of the RE-262 finally lost it's left channel. Before that I had RE-Zero (RIP).

After reading a number of positive reviews on the Blessing 2 and comparing the RE-400's FR, I'm pleased to announce that I'll be getting a pair as a belated birthday present.
The artwork appealed to the weeb in me as well UwU

I'll be back soon to report my impressions as someone who has stuck with mid-range/budget HiFiMAN IEMs for the better part of a decade. Cheers!

I am interested in a B2 vs. RE-600v2 comparison. The RE-600v2 is my favorite neutral-bright earphone that I own. I have been eyeing the B2.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #5,479 of 11,982
If anyone has or gets the Moondrop Blessing 2 and the ThieAudio Legacy 3, I would be very interested in a detailed comparison. I know the tuning is quite different, but I’m more interested in the technicalities (transients, detail, resolution,etc).

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #5,480 of 11,982
If anyone has or gets the Moondrop Blessing 2 and the ThieAudio Legacy 3, I would be very interested in a detailed comparison. I know the tuning is quite different, but I’m more interested in the technicalities (transients, detail, resolution,etc).
I'll be getting one next week. Will let you know

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #5,481 of 11,982
The Kanas Pro started my IEM journey, and I hope that I am at the end of the journey with Sony IER-M9, Blessing 2, JVC FD02 and EX1000
Blessing 2 with wood faceplates are now available from Shenzenaudio.
Ordered some blue ones :xf_cool:
A warning for PAYPAL users in Europe!
I was charged EUR 327,65 for the transaction of the USD349,99, where the exchange rate would justify a value of about EUR 315.
Consequently I cancelled the order to buy it again with VISA (who really charged like Eur 315) and guess what? PAYPAL only reimbursed Eur 313,83.

That's €14 or almost 5% in some kind of hidden fees.
Do yourself a favor and pay by credit card...

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #5,482 of 11,982
The Kanas Pro started my IEM journey, and I hope that I am at the end of the journey with Sony IER-M9, Blessing 2, JVC FD02 and EX1000

A warning for PAYPAL users in Europe!
I was charged EUR 327,65 for the transaction of the USD349,99, where the exchange rate would justify a value of about EUR 315.
Consequently I cancelled the order to buy it again with VISA (who really charged like Eur 315) and guess what? PAYPAL only reimbursed Eur 313,83.

That's €14 or almost 5% in some kind of hidden fees.
Do yourself a favor and pay by credit card...
Unfortunately for your wallet, the journey never ends. Hopefully, you can take an extended hiatus though.

That really stinks about PayPal! :rage:

I eagerly await your thoughts on the Blessing 2, and perhaps a comparison to the FD02.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #5,483 of 11,982
Unfortunately for your wallet, the journey never ends. Hopefully, you can take an extended hiatus though.

That really stinks about PayPal! :rage:

I eagerly await your thoughts on the Blessing 2, and perhaps a comparison to the FD02.
exactly, BTW just a hidden hint about this, if you are buying something pre-owned from a international guy on headfi, just send him your currency through PayPal and let them transfer to their bank, their bank will use the exchange rate close to visa, which can save you both some bucks. PayPal currency ratio are so bad.

Last edited:
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #5,484 of 11,982
I’m out of touch with what’s going now as haven’t been active here for years. I miss my beloved my RE-262 and RE-272 but Moondrop have really piqued my interest. I value cohesion and timbre over anything else and like my treble extended yet smooth. I prefer a natural sig and avoid anything too analytical. More than anything I loved liquidity of the above REs.

Any recommendations? Is the Starfield a good starting point?

Jun 3, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #5,485 of 11,982
I’m out of touch with what’s going now as haven’t been active here for years. I miss my beloved my RE-262 and RE-272 but Moondrop have really piqued my interest. I value cohesion and timbre over anything else and like my treble extended yet smooth. I prefer a natural sig and avoid anything too analytical. More than anything I loved liquidity of the above REs.

Any recommendations? Is the Starfield a good starting point?

The Starfield is, to me, very natural, good along the whole spectrum. Bass is solid, good edges without being a bass head IEM, mids have good timbre and tone a little analogue to me, highs are good without the acute detail of BA highs. Very nice sounding IEM. Cable sounds good...but a bit tangly, and will most likely need a tip upgrade. Good all rounder.

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #5,486 of 11,982
The Starfield is, to me, very natural, good along the whole spectrum. Bass is solid, good edges without being a bass head IEM, mids have good timbre and tone a little analogue to me, highs are good without the acute detail of BA highs. Very nice sounding IEM. Cable sounds good...but a bit tangly, and will most likely need a tip upgrade. Good all rounder.
Very much agreed. The Starfield is very natural and non-fatiguing IEM, but it may be a little boring in the long run. It's very comfortable though. Strangely enough, it is also one of the very few IEM whose stock tips are perfect for me. I had very good results with some foam tips as well.

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #5,487 of 11,982
Thanks guys, that’s helpful info. I have plenty off tips to roll. Any suggestions for cheap cable that compliments it’s sig?

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #5,488 of 11,982
Thanks guys, that’s helpful info. I have plenty off tips to roll. Any suggestions for cheap cable that compliments it’s sig?
I'm using the Starlight with a Tripowin C8, but I honestly am not sure how good or bad it is. I don't think I can hear cable differences, so I treat them more as a decorative element, to make the whole package look good, so to say.

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #5,489 of 11,982
I do use the stock cable, with it's flawed tangliness, because it sounds good, and it's a matching blue. I agree with @Poganin, they are not the most exciting IEM and could get boring to some. They don't excel in any one area, but they do have good timbre and tone, so sound musical and non-fatiguing. They are a very useable set and are well tuned, but maybe not best for edgy exciting music.

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #5,490 of 11,982
Thanks Poganin. I think I have a DIY Toxic cable laying around somewhere. I’ll put that on it.

Useful perspective about the boredom factor, dharmasteve. I understand what you mean. Polite and natural sigs can be underwhelming, particularly when coming from something more intense or energetic. That said, I’ve always found those the most addictive in the long term.

Perhaps I’ll get the Starfield as my budget option and then something mid tier and more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back