Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 5, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #5,161 of 11,979
Hello everyone,

As seen on both the Moondrop & Shenzhenaudio facebook pages, there is currently an "share to win" event running, for the Moondrop KXXS in black.
As mentioned by them, here are the rules for the participation and such:
✅Raffle Rules: Just share this post to participate! Draw 1 lucky guy to giveaway! (This lottery is only for those followers who follow to SHENZHENAUDIO or MOONDROP.)
✅Time: From MAY 5 -MAY 11, the winner will be drawn at 5:00 pm on 11st
✅Draw service: Provided by Random.org

Link to the page: https://tinyurl.com/yd3hmq78
Black KXXS.jpg
Goodluck to everyone!

May 6, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #5,162 of 11,979
Yes very much. I went through about 20 tips on the S8 because the bores are so large. Settled on Comply T600 smalls. Perfect seal and fit

I find that even rolling different stock tips have a difference in sound... some very slight emphasis on treble to bass, from smallest bore to largest.

Apart from comply, any luck with spinfit tips? I got some CP155 and the isolation is bad, along with losing sub-bass presence.

May 6, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #5,163 of 11,979
Speaking of spinfits, yeah these will do. Ofcourse, ymmv but there's a fine trade off between sound presentation vs better/stronger tonal balance... but I am loving what this does by shelving the middle upper end and providing a really beautiful smoother if not completely "balanced" sound. Again, vocals sound pretty darn nice, and this is me after recently checking out the well lauded Cayin YB04.

Spinfits do bring a smile on my face. #
CYMERA_20200506_093120.jpg
Love/hate/LOVE.

May 6, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #5,164 of 11,979
couldn't wait until the official moondrop misfit foam tips arrive.
So I ordered myself InAirs (Air2 small) and I'm really happy how they work with the S8. No more vacuum suction effect and impaired sound quality because of over or underpressure while moving.
Will be interesting to see how they compare.

Before I was using Spinfits CP145, a little too narrow, but can be fitted on the nozzle. I liked the comfort,
but the sound is better with the foamies.

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #5,165 of 11,979
Speaking of spinfits, yeah these will do. Ofcourse, ymmv but there's a fine trade off between sound presentation vs better/stronger tonal balance... but I am loving what this does by shelving the middle upper end and providing a really beautiful smoother if not completely "balanced" sound. Again, vocals sound pretty darn nice, and this is me after recently checking out the well lauded Cayin YB04.

Spinfits do bring a smile on my face. #CYMERA_20200506_093120.jpgLove/hate/LOVE.
I still prefer wide bores since they increase the soundstage for me. Though the spinfit CP145 was nice and did reduce some of the treble and also helped a bit with the bass. But since the B2 doesnt really have much bass quantity to begin with I feel it is better to just improve the parts that is good on it. Although narrow bore will probably make more people able to use it since it reduces the treble quantity.

May 6, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #5,167 of 11,979
couldn't wait until the official moondrop misfit foam tips arrive.
So I ordered myself InAirs (Air2 small) and I'm really happy how they work with the S8. No more vacuum suction effect and impaired sound quality because of over or underpressure while moving.
Will be interesting to see how they compare.

Before I was using Spinfits CP145, a little too narrow, but can be fitted on the nozzle. I liked the comfort,
but the sound is better with the foamies.
I love inairs they are my favorite foams

May 6, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #5,168 of 11,979
I still prefer wide bores since they increase the soundstage for me. Though the spinfit CP145 was nice and did reduce some of the treble and also helped a bit with the bass. But since the B2 doesnt really have much bass quantity to begin with I feel it is better to just improve the parts that is good on it. Although narrow bore will probably make more people able to use it since it reduces the treble quantity.

It should have unintentionally advertised as a two-fer-one iem lolz. Yeah, with the open bore tips, the overall presentation and technicalities is nothing short of special (decent price tag)

May 6, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #5,169 of 11,979
It should have unintentionally advertised as a two-fer-one iem lolz. Yeah, with the open bore tips, the overall presentation and technicalities is nothing short of special (decent price tag)
This is usually the case with narrow and wide bore for me though. Narrow increases bass quantity and/or decreases treble quantity (you perceive more bass in the end so not 100% sure which one it is) while wide bores increases treble quantity and technicalities improves, along with some tighter bass in some cases (like the blon 03).

May 6, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #5,170 of 11,979
This is usually the case with narrow and wide bore for me though. Narrow increases bass quantity and/or decreases treble quantity (you perceive more bass in the end so not 100% sure which one it is) while wide bores increases treble quantity and technicalities improves, along with some tighter bass in some cases (like the blon 03).

I wouldn't be surprised ultimately : it's physics. Lower frequencies don't cut through air medium as well as the higher ones, requiring things like bone (physical) conduction to transfer that low end energy efficiently. But heck, I'm not a rocket scientist. Just a happy audiophile :)

May 6, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #5,171 of 11,979
The Blessing 2 are good huh? I almost got some but a pair of S8F’s popped up in trades so I’ll B2s another time.
I’m considering selling my Starfields, I have so many iems they deserve better.

May 6, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #5,172 of 11,979
The Blessing 2 are good huh? I almost got some but a pair of S8F’s popped up in trades so I’ll B2s another time.
I’m considering selling my Starfields, I have so many iems they deserve better.

Safe to say majority that actually own them are pleased. Caveat being these aren't gonna give you gobs of bass. It will ultimately depend on what you're looking for. These are tuned in such a specific way, so it may not be for everyone imo.

May 11, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #5,173 of 11,979
I find the B2 have a very good sub-bass extension. But I also have difficulty finding the correct channel balance. I feel like mine are skewed to the left and I suspect it has something to do with how the tips are installed on them. I will need to experiment, but the sound quality floored me. The black background and the placement of instruments in space are outstanding. I had no idea IEMs could offer this sort of sound quality.

May 11, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #5,174 of 11,979
I find the B2 have a very good sub-bass extension. But I also have difficulty finding the correct channel balance. I feel like mine are skewed to the left and I suspect it has something to do with how the tips are installed on them. I will need to experiment, but the sound quality floored me. The black background and the placement of instruments in space are outstanding. I had no idea IEMs could offer this sort of sound quality.
yeah the bass quality is very good, but the quantity is the problem for most people.

May 11, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #5,175 of 11,979
How well does the sub bass respond to a little EQ boost? It seems like the B2 is quite that capable technical IEM, but with relatively little bass quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back