Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 11, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #5,176 of 11,979
How well does the sub bass respond to a little EQ boost? It seems like the B2 is quite that capable technical IEM, but with relatively little bass quantity.
I don't know, I'm sorry. I don't use EQs. Hopefully someone else can answer this.

May 12, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #5,178 of 11,979
What is the general "house sound" of Moondrop? It seems they trend neutral-bright but also maybe neutral-warm. I enjoy both. Looking closely at the Blessing 2. Thanks.

May 12, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #5,179 of 11,979
What is the general "house sound" of Moondrop? It seems they trend neutral-bright but also maybe neutral-warm. I enjoy both. Looking closely at the Blessing 2. Thanks.
Their house sound is based on their own modified model of Diffuse field called VSDF.

Quoting from Crinacle's review of Solis, S8 & B2's version of VSDF is closer to the Harman Target.

May 12, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #5,181 of 11,979
Etymotic's version of diffuse field but on steroids (for the higher end models), my guess.

Super* Review on YouTube compared it to the Etymotic ER4XR, and thought that the Blessing 2 matched it in sound and technical ability, but with better bass, FWIW.

I was interested in the S8, but now am interested in the Blessing 2, b/c I really like DD bass. I wonder if the technical ability of the Blessing 2 is approaching that of the S8/A8, and if the sub bass responds well to a little EQ boost.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #5,182 of 11,979
Super* Review on YouTube compared it to the Etymotic ER4XR, and thought that the Blessing 2 matched it in sound and technical ability, but with better bass, FWIW.

I was interested in the S8, but now am interested in the Blessing 2, b/c I really like DD bass. I wonder if the technical ability of the Blessing 2 is approaching that of the S8/A8, and if the sub bass responds well to a little EQ boost.
From what I have heard, the B2 is very close to the S8 in technicalities. I dont use EQ for 99% of my stuff (except the Shuoer Tape being the 1 %), so cant help with that.

May 12, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #5,183 of 11,979
Any eartips recommendations for Blessing 2? These things are killing me and only the smallest stock tips are sort of alright, but there I am still having issues despite getting deep fit and excellent seal. They are painful to wear.

May 12, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #5,184 of 11,979
Any eartips recommendations for Blessing 2? These things are killing me and only the smallest stock tips are sort of alright, but there I am still having issues despite getting deep fit and excellent seal. They are painful to wear.
I use wide bore tips like the JVC spiral dots but with Large sized.

May 12, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #5,185 of 11,979

I, too, have an issue with the stock tips, they make the inside of my ears itchy, and I’ve noticed a higher level of ear wax production as a result. The S8 tips have a fine texture to them, unlike my fave final E tips. The problem I’m having is the final tips won’t stay on the nozzle, so I can’t use them unless I glue them on, which I don’t want to do.

I’ve resorted to using a smaller set of S8 tips which compromise the bass performance a bit. Has anyone tried Comply or similar tips with good results?

May 12, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #5,186 of 11,979
I use wide bore tips like the JVC spiral dots but with Large sized.

The JVC tips with their larger bore compared to the MD tips change the performance a bit, are you happier with the different sound?

May 12, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #5,187 of 11,979
I, too, have an issue with the stock tips, they make the inside of my ears itchy, and I’ve noticed a higher level of ear wax production as a result.
Yes, I am experiencing exactly the same thing.

May 12, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #5,188 of 11,979
The JVC tips with their larger bore compared to the MD tips change the performance a bit, are you happier with the different sound?
dont know what "MD tips" refers to, but I like the jvc tips. Although Azla sedna tips would also work great, but the ones I have are one size too big so I rather use the jvcs. I find that since the bass quantity is so low already, might as well just increase soundstage with wide bore tips instead of trying to help the bass quantity just slightly.

May 12, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #5,189 of 11,979
I guess I'll get some Azla sedna lights and the JVC and try them instead of the stock tips. My wallet can't hate me even more.

May 12, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #5,190 of 11,979
I guess I'll get some Azla sedna lights and the JVC and try them instead of the stock tips. My wallet can't hate me even more.
just a heads up, the Azla tips are one size bigger than normal. Meaning that their L size is around ML for other tips. I got the L tips and they are just a bit bigger than I would like them and I would probably fit with their ML size better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back