Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #4,381 of 12,007
I'm hoping the Blessing 2 graphs similar to this. Definitely don't want the BA bass - even the M9 couldn't cut it for me.

15775065312284909347161298222843.jpg

its not similar to S8 at all IMO

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #4,383 of 12,007
I had the M9 recently and the S8 is definitely a better iem for me. This is purely subjective as a friend of mine really liked the M9 but I found it a bit dull or veiled sounding. I find the S8 to be much clearer and to be better balanced.
I don't remember the bass of the M9 specifically but I wouldn't say the bass is the highlight of the S8.

Jan 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #4,384 of 12,007
I had the M9 recently and the S8 is definitely a better iem for me. This is purely subjective as a friend of mine really liked the M9 but I found it a bit dull or veiled sounding. I find the S8 to be much clearer and to be better balanced.
I don't remember the bass of the M9 specifically but I wouldn't say the bass is the highlight of the S8.
I dont like ba bass at all (altho i havet heard u12t) but m9 IMO is one of the best BA bass implementation.

M9 is a smooth, laid back iem with no dynamic. It got spot on tonality and imaging capabilities. The signature is sure not for everyone but its a really really good iem. I would rate it way above most people favorite andromeda (OG). It has its flaws but its really nice and u can get it used for around 500 bucks these days (in china)

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #4,385 of 12,007
That’s interesting because that’s almost exactly how my friend described the M9 but to me all I could hear was the veil. Makes me question my own hearing. It’s been way too long since I listened to the Andromeda so I cant comment on that.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #4,386 of 12,007
That’s interesting because that’s almost exactly how my friend described the M9 but to me all I could hear was the veil. Makes me question my own hearing. It’s been way too long since I listened to the Andromeda so I cant comment on that.

you need to listen the M7/M9 in higher volume than your usual volume level, the magic starts there. because they are so balanced, so crank up volume until they have same mid level with others, everything is there. a lot of IEMS cant be crank up because certain frequencies will kill your ear first, but not the case with M7/M9. And source also. They will growing on you. especially the imaging and layering, they are really spot on. I straightly sell my 1 week B unit andromeda after I got my M7.

back to moondrop, I really interested in S8 too, but they are quite pricey and the problem is i cant audition them first.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #4,387 of 12,007
Dont worry too much hahaha, i can understand why its veiled. Because the treble region is smoothed over so the one listening to it doesnt feel fatigued. Its a stage monitor afterall. While s8 have plenty treble energy and dynamic that makes it sound mich more exciting and alive compared to m9. But according to my friend who a/b them both are really similar in technical level but he prefer the s8 sound because its more dynamic

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #4,388 of 12,007
BA bass if extended can be really enjoyable, very fast and snappy
Sure, but I think it`s more about quantity and delay/reverb/rumble that BA can`t match, maybe comes close but that`s still not enough.

15775065312284909347161298222843.jpg

its not similar to S8 at all IMO

Actually guys, compare KPE to S8 in crinacle tool - they are very close and main difference is bass quantity/level.
Imo, similar enough to consider it instead S8 for dynamic bass.

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #4,389 of 12,007
Actually guys, compare KPE to S8 in crinacle tool - they are very close and main difference is bass quantity/level.
Imo, similar enough to consider it instead S8 for dynamic bass.
I was about to ask if someone with crinacle graph tool could share S8 vs Kpe.
as i said earlier, i think their tuning is very close with specific tips on each!
I think blessing 2 sounds different, don’t feel comfortable to describe them but I wouldn’t consider them a S8 with dynamic bass.

However I don’t think I’ll get the S8 right now, I want to upgrade my source first. Not sure what to get yet. Im open for suggestions. :)

Btw i also tried KxxS and I think antdroid comparison is spot on.

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #4,390 of 12,007
I dont find it similar, since our perception do change with those 2DB - 4db increase from subbass to lower mid region.

Those things makes kpe sounded warmer amd have different characteristic. Thata my opinion on it atleast

Because z5 and exk looked similar but z5 actually a bloaty midbass mess thats not good at all compared to exk.

Imo difference before 8k is way more apparent than at higher freq

Or maybe im just becoming a boomer day by day

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #4,391 of 12,007
I was about to ask if someone with crinacle graph tool could share S8 vs Kpe.
as i said earlier, i think their tuning is very close with specific tips on each!
I think blessing 2 sounds different, don’t feel comfortable to describe them but I wouldn’t consider them a S8 with dynamic bass.

However I don’t think I’ll get the S8 right now, I want to upgrade my source first. Not sure what to get yet. Im open for suggestions. :)

Btw i also tried KxxS and I think antdroid comparison is spot on.

graph.png
You can do this for free with Crin's graphtool, only some premium features are locked.
Graph won't tell you much tbh in this case as it is DD vs BA set.

Jan 4, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #4,392 of 12,007

You can do this for free with Crin's graphtool, only some premium features are locked.
Graph won't tell you much tbh in this case as it is DD vs BA set.

Not only its ba v dd IMO those different accross those wide frequency change the perception of sound pretty significantly. Since we cant just listen to one side of frequency exclusively

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #4,393 of 12,007
sorry thats not similar at all lols, sure the upper region is pretty much the same

but those mid bass decrease is huge, and change your perception on how it sounded. A8 bass is bloated, while S8 that might not be the case.

i rather trust people that actually tried tons of earphone instead of someone who only own a couple for months that havent even tried every possibilities and limited to their references that they owned. if u tried the earphone for 1 hour u should have a decent opinion about it unless u believe in snake oil like burn in
I dont find it similar, since our perception do change with those 2DB - 4db increase from subbass to lower mid region.

Those things makes kpe sounded warmer amd have different characteristic. Thata my opinion on it atleast

Because z5 and exk looked similar but z5 actually a bloaty midbass mess thats not good at all compared to exk.

Imo difference before 8k is way more apparent than at higher freq

Or maybe im just becoming a boomer day by day

Thats very unfair to the Z5. Boaty midbass? Only with a crap amp/dap. More powerful ones rock that Z5 hard. Midbass is very controlled. I DID get the Z5 as an upgrade to the 800st and it fits that very well.

Oh well everyone hears things differently. To me the Z5 is one of the best IEMs ive personally heard. As far as the A8 bass being bloated. UGH, it's NOT bloated, if anything it needs amping up. It gets so freakin tiring reading this by people that don't own the A8.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #4,394 of 12,007
Thats very unfair to the Z5. Boaty midbass? Only with a crap amp/dap. More powerful ones rock that Z5 hard. Midbass is very controlled. I DID get the Z5 as an upgrade to the 800st and it fits that very well.

Oh well everyone hears things differently. To me the Z5 is one of the best IEMs ive personally heard. As far as the A8 bass being bloated. UGH, it's NOT bloated, if anything it needs amping up. It gets so freakin tiring reading this by people that don't own the A8.

well what ever u want to believe then. there is no such amp or dap thats gonna remove those things (unless u eq) and how much power do you really need to power your IEM. its a small transducer...

i may not own the A8 but i atleast try em for atleast 1 month straight. but since i don't own them im not qualified to say how they sound i guess what ever floats your boat man

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #4,395 of 12,007
You can say whatever you want. I think the A8 needs more bass, not less. Some devices show this more than others. Yes its a small iem, but it needs MUCH more power than people give it credit for. Im using an Xduoo 05+ at medium gain, bass boost on, and then volume at half! Thats a lot of power man. It does not sound the same as low powered devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back