Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #4,291 of 12,007
Screenshot (389).png Screenshot (390).png

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #4,294 of 12,007
its just a good iem at that price point, thats about it

I personally think it’s a lot more than that. It’s amazing at the price point and, once cable is swapped and tips found, it’s better than just about anything else I’ve owned. (I don’t do high end to be fair. The most I’ve spent is isine10 and that t20)
The blon isn’t as good as the isines but it’s much better than the t20 and my meagre chifi collection including, I think I can say this, my ibasso it01. My first set of moondrops is sitting in the post office. I’m banking on the kanas pro’s being similar but better. My research suggests they will be. :)

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #4,295 of 12,007
I personally think it’s a lot more than that. It’s amazing at the price point and, once cable is swapped and tips found, it’s better than just about anything else I’ve owned. (I don’t do high end to be fair. The most I’ve spent is isine10 and that t20)
The blon isn’t as good as the isines but it’s much better than the t20 and my meagre chifi collection including, I think I can say this, my ibasso it01. My first set of moondrops is sitting in the post office. I’m banking on the kanas pro’s being similar but better. My research suggests they will be. :)

I tried plenty of tips and cable it still doesnt change the main problem that i've stated.

Bloated midbass, less to be desired mids, small stage, bad imaging and separation.

At07, sony hybrid, foamies, mh755 tips, etc tried a bunch and doesnt eliviate those problems

Its just the driver's capability. I wont say i know how it is compared to t20(never heard of it)

But honestly i just find it good for the price ($40) at around 100 bucks t4 is better, there is the highly regarded er2xr/se, gr07 (old school but cool), ikko oh1 (in my opinion a much better iem on a technical level), etc.

Ofc not all 100 bucks iem are made equal and some can be worse than the others. Like it01 is probably one of the worse iem at that price that i ever heard, the other is 1more triple driver. But that IMO still doesnt make blon good if we ignore the price it just goes to alright/meh/slightly below average. Which is good at that price point but not good overall in the grand scheme of things

I might be way too critical to such a cheap iem, but hey its good to be critical i guess

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #4,296 of 12,007
Still no reviews or impressions on the Starfield..?

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #4,298 of 12,007
The bottom ones looks familiar. Wasn't KPE vs KXXS similar? Do Starfield and KPE overlap in response?
Yeah, similar questions for me... it all depends on Starfield price and how it compares to KXXS/KPE. If they are too similar, no point in getting starfield.

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #4,299 of 12,007
I tried plenty of tips and cable it still doesnt change the main problem that i've stated.

Bloated midbass, less to be desired mids, small stage, bad imaging and separation.

At07, sony hybrid, foamies, mh755 tips, etc tried a bunch and doesnt eliviate those problems

Its just the driver's capability. I wont say i know how it is compared to t20(never heard of it)

But honestly i just find it good for the price ($40) at around 100 bucks t4 is better, there is the highly regarded er2xr/se, gr07 (old school but cool), ikko oh1 (in my opinion a much better iem on a technical level), etc.

Ofc not all 100 bucks iem are made equal and some can be worse than the others. Like it01 is probably one of the worse iem at that price that i ever heard, the other is 1more triple driver. But that IMO still doesnt make blon good if we ignore the price it just goes to alright/meh/slightly below average. Which is good at that price point but not good overall in the grand scheme of things

I might be way too critical to such a cheap iem, but hey its good to be critical i guess
ikko is Chifi as well, correct?

I think part of the reason why blon hype keeping feeding because the audiences are people looking for budget iem that either has not experienced or own any highend iem to provide comparison insights. Majority have budget iems in their sig, and if they say it is that good, it's likely at minimum a top budget iem. It's hard to say how it compares to highend stuff without actually auditioning it.

One thing I notice with Chifi trend is that they've really improved dynamic driver performance. The usual dynamic driver iems that were popular years ago all had tonal flaws looking back. At a decently reasonable price, in today's standards(as pricing has gotten out of control), we are getting better dynamic driver iem performance per pricing. I got to say I'm now preferring dynamic driver sound over multi-BA sound due to today's Chifi dynamic drivers. I think the drivers also perform better in terms of speed, and who doesn't prefer dynamic driver bass? I won't be reaching for ER4 for the bass that's for sure.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #4,301 of 12,007
for treble quality and overall the most uncolored sound i am putting my fingers on them from time to time
What is colored and what is not is debateable. I know Etymotic iems kinds feeds itself on such reputation, and I wonder how much of it is expectation bias? One thing I give credit to ER4 is that, it withstood the test of time and through many hyped crappy tunings, flavor of the months.

I find there is a certain characteristic with BA treble that sounds artificial to my ears, and this might be what people refer to as detail. I have similar opinions with full-sized headphones as well. Planar and electrostatic vs dynamic. I'm starting to realize I prefer dynamic driver timbre.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #4,304 of 12,007
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back