Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #4,262 of 11,982
I'm absolutely in love with the Kxxs....my first pair of non budget chi-fi. I prefer listening to them over my 58x and X2 headphones! Two questions:

1) what could be the next step up iem with a similar balanced tuning....must have at least as good sound stage?

2) some people have commented that the Kxxs responds well to tuning..... Does anyone have or has anyone found a EQ profile for the Kxxs?

Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same position as you. I love my KXXS but I crave more detail and slam so my journey continues. I've been looking at the Obravo Cupid, Audiosense T800 (new version coming soon) and some other hybrids.

I'll link my EQ for Spotify.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191216-200357_SoundAlive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191216-200357_SoundAlive.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #4,263 of 11,982
Long shot question: :)

I have a used kanas pro enroute.
I’m one of those people that make cables turn stiff and wiry over time and I need a source of decent replacements at sensible money. I was about to get a couple of TRN T2 but realised the Faaeal Hibiscus is a 2 pin 0.78mm possibility.

Would anyone happen to know if the FH cable end sits nicely in the Kanas Pro shell? My OCD is easily fired on such things.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

The FAAEAL Hibiscus cable is on the left; it fits fine, but the TRIPOWIN C8 8-Core sits deeper
KPE FAAEAL1.jpg
KPE FAAEAL2.jpg

Dec 17, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #4,264 of 11,982
The FAAEAL Hibiscus cable is on the left; it fits fine, but the TRIPOWIN C8 8-Core sits deeper

so which one sounds better?

Dec 17, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #4,266 of 11,982
so which one sounds better?
What`s wrong with the stock Lyre cable? :S If terminations are executed well on your unit, stock cable measures very good (~0.3 Ohm) and is hybrid (though, only silver is used for +signal). I have tried some other cables (nothing fancy though) and no improveent over stock cable.

Dec 17, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #4,268 of 11,982
My enquiry is based on the fact that I’m made of something that turns flexible cables stiff in about 6 months. I don’t know what’s in my skin / hair / beard but it happens with every iem I own. So I don’t want to use the stock cable at all. So it’s complete should I decide to move the kanas pro along in the future.
I’m sure the original cable is great. I just need it to remain in good condition.

Dec 17, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #4,269 of 11,982
What`s wrong with the stock Lyre cable? :S If terminations are executed well on your unit, stock cable measures very good (~0.3 Ohm) and is hybrid (though, only silver is used for +signal). I have tried some other cables (nothing fancy though) and no improveent over stock cable.
I just asked about that two cables because i have faaeal cable with me, just curious.
The kanas pro default cable is great nonetheless, I dont need upgrade cable for them

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #4,270 of 11,982
well, i just ordered Moondrop Starfield

the seller says that it might arrived after chrismas hopefully im one of the first people that got this iem (so i can shill it if its bad and sell it fast LOL jk)

pretty excited, gonna be my beater since i use exk strictly so im gonna compare it to that iem.

maybe after i meet up with my bros i can compare it to other thing at those price range like KPE/KXXS/T4/etc

since i don't want to compare iem from memories (its been long gone)

pretty hyped for it (just to clear things up, i don't expect it to beat or come close to exk technical level at all. i just excited for moondrop products, especially their new line since S8 is a big upgrade over A8 and Blessing 2 is a big upgrade over Blessing 1.0)

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #4,271 of 11,982
well, i just ordered Moondrop Starfield

the seller says that it might arrived after chrismas hopefully im one of the first people that got this iem (so i can shill it if its bad and sell it fast LOL jk)

pretty excited, gonna be my beater since i use exk strictly so im gonna compare it to that iem.

maybe after i meet up with my bros i can compare it to other thing at those price range like KPE/KXXS/T4/etc

since i don't want to compare iem from memories (its been long gone)

pretty hyped for it (just to clear things up, i don't expect it to beat or come close to exk technical level at all. i just excited for moondrop products, especially their new line since S8 is a big upgrade over A8 and Blessing 2 is a big upgrade over Blessing 1.0)
I'm also going to get them as soon as the local distributor here got the stock.

He had opened the po since 12.12 & when I asked when it will arrive here, he said around 2 weeks. So if there wasn't any delay, it will arrive after Christmas too. :L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #4,272 of 11,982
I'm also going to get them as soon as the local distributor here got the stock.

He had opened the po since 12.12 & when I asked when it will arrive here, he said around 2 weeks. So if there wasn't any delay, it will arrive after Christmas too. :L3000:

nice, we can share our opinion on em later then.

i assume u get from Kuping manja too then (assuming u are from the same country as iam, based on u owning local brand)

unknown.png

i don't think this picture has been shared before, from graph its pretty promising drop off after 100 hz hopefully not midbassy

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #4,273 of 11,982
Wow, idk if I have $7 off voucher on AliE hhaha, can use it on starfield :L3000:

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #4,274 of 11,982
nice, we can share our opinion on em later then.

i assume u get from Kuping manja too then (assuming u are from the same country as iam, based on u owning local brand)

unknown.png

i don't think this picture has been shared before
Ahh, I see. You buy from him too then?

I have shared the graph actually. but on the discovery thread not on moondrop one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back