Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #4,216 of 11,979
Came here to report that I also had the issue with my Moondrop Arias with the left side slowly going quieter after minutes of usage to the point of almost silence. If I stop listening it comes back after like 15 minutes but if I listen it'll happen again.
It started happening after only 3 months of usage, and seeing similar reports here honestly I feel there's a QA problem at Moondrop, or at least there was when we got ours. Not really crazy about trying out their higher-end offerings.

Hi, this is most common problem with Moondrop especially with Crescent and KPE. Basically, you need to change the filter mesh on the nozzle to make it sound normal again. It is why that on KXXS they supply with spare filter just in case this happen again.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, they did not supply spare filter on previous models. But maybe you can ask the seller to send the filter, or perhaps you can use filter from another iem's to try. Hope this help.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #4,217 of 11,979
Came here to report that I also had the issue with my Moondrop Arias with the left side slowly going quieter after minutes of usage to the point of almost silence. If I stop listening it comes back after like 15 minutes but if I listen it'll happen again.
It started happening after only 3 months of usage, and seeing similar reports here honestly I feel there's a QA problem at Moondrop, or at least there was when we got ours. Not really crazy about trying out their higher-end offerings.
Soak the filter in alcohol but dont let it flow into tje driver seems like your filter is blocked

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #4,218 of 11,979
Hi, this is most common problem with Moondrop especially with Crescent and KPE. Basically, you need to change the filter mesh on the nozzle to make it sound normal again. It is why that on KXXS they supply with spare filter just in case this happen again.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, they did not supply spare filter on previous models. But maybe you can ask the seller to send the filter, or perhaps you can use filter from another iem's to try. Hope this help.

Honest question: we’re supposed to remove and clean filters on the KPE? Is this the same process as the T800 damper removal?

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #4,219 of 11,979
Honest question: we’re supposed to remove and clean filters on the KPE? Is this the same process as the T800 damper removal?
No its not on the t800 we change the knowles filter on the kpe the filter we are talking about is the mesh on the nozzel dynamic drivers dont habe knowles filters just balanced driver have them

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #4,220 of 11,979
No its not on the t800 we change the knowles filter on the kpe the filter we are talking about is the mesh on the nozzel dynamic drivers dont habe knowles filters just balanced driver have them

I know it’s a DD compared to the 8 BA but didn’t know there was maintenance in the KPE. Thank you.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #4,221 of 11,979
I know it’s a DD compared to the 8 BA but didn’t know there was maintenance in the KPE. Thank you.
They use double acoustic filter damping its a paper mesh under the mesh grill that clog up much faster then usual only grill mesh

Dec 10, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #4,222 of 11,979
Soak the filter in alcohol but dont let it flow into tje driver seems like your filter is blocked

They use double acoustic filter damping its a paper mesh under the mesh grill that clog up much faster then usual only grill mesh

yes, these are good tips.
also, eventhough they have same diameter, Moondrop use different filter damping on each models. So they said. I found out the rubber glue on Aria is bigger compared to others

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #4,223 of 11,979
I'm still waiting on BGGR's review of the Moondrop S8. I bought the T800 strictly on his rec and I love it. It's capabilities are way beyond its price and its the end uni for me but the S8 looked so beautiful in his video and the pictures I've seen, it has me scratching my chin.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #4,224 of 11,979
I think tomorrow is the release day of the starfield is that right ?

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #4,225 of 11,979

According to their facebook/twitter it'll be Solis this week. "Solis will be online this week if all goes well."

I'm a bit less hyped about the Starfield because apparently the nozzle is the same as the KXXS (lipless). That's rather personal but in my case, I always end up with the tips stuck in my ears with this type of nozzle.
https://twitter.com/MoonDropOffical/status/1204386808181608449

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #4,226 of 11,979
According to their facebook/twitter it'll be Solis this week. "Solis will be online this week if all goes well."

I'm a bit less hyped about the Starfield because apparently the nozzle is the same as the KXXS (lipless). That's rather personal but in my case, I always end up with the tips stuck in my ears with this type of nozzle.
https://twitter.com/MoonDropOffical/status/1204386808181608449
I love the nozzel of the kxxs

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #4,227 of 11,979
Not sure, I saw one of their post & someone asked when they get released. There they replied they didn't have definite schedule to release starfield yet.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #4,228 of 11,979
Not sure, I saw one of their post & someone asked when they get released. There they replied they didn't have definite schedule to release starfield yet.
Something should release on 12.12 maybe it was the fearless 1dd

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #4,230 of 11,979
I'm still waiting on BGGR's review of the Moondrop S8. I bought the T800 strictly on his rec and I love it. It's capabilities are way beyond its price and its the end uni for me but the S8 looked so beautiful in his video and the pictures I've seen, it has me scratching my chin.

I can maybe help you out, I have both

t800 is very good, but peaky in the treble, it's a very incisive and hyper-detailed IEM which can make it fatiguing to listen to at times. S8 is the opposite.

I received S8 monday, it's definitely in the same tier of revealing, but let's face it, you're paying for Moondrop tuning. It's much more relaxed without sacrificing detail, and it's much more natural. Fit and finish is god tier, probably the most beautiful set I've seen. Packaging is a bit of a let down; the packaging of the A8 with the cute wooden box, artwork and bird's nest is nicer. There's a nice big case though, unfortunately not leather like the a8's. Standard cable is ok. Tips also ok. I later swapped tips for Acoustune AET08 for a little extra punch in the bass region.

I will say that the s8 sound very different out of a standard 3.5mm work laptop jack, LG v20, it's good, not great, a bit thin sounding if pleasurable and unassuming. Then I hooked it up to my THX 788 with an 1/4 SE adapter, gave it some real power, and it came alive with seductive richness. I was blown away at the difference. Kind of like seeing a kind of average and shy girl dress up in something nice and seductive and show off her proud side. Thick and full bodied. Female vocals sound natural and right there.

Untrained ear, I think the best way I can say it is that I recognize the Moondrop house tuning now and it's very likable.

20191209_120205.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back