Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #1,891 of 12,007
Which tips are you using?

Sorry I dont know. I have years worth of IEM tips in my collection !!
Here is some pics though...someone may recognise them?

IMG-0788.JPG

IMG-0789.JPG

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #1,893 of 12,007
When I got the Aria and Crescents (x2) I was really disappointed as well, but then again it was the same with the kanas and kanas pro (x2), the stock tips from all of them were no good to me, get some different tips and try again.

The JVC spiral dots were quite good, the spinfit cp240s were good too, but some of the best were the cheapest ones i got from ebay lol

The Final Audio tips from the e5000 and e3000 were good too, why I got 2 of each just for the tips haha
Can you link some of those best tips you got from ebay?

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,894 of 12,007
I found what appears to be the Kanas Pro cable without the Moondrop logo for ~$15 during the current AliExpress sale. I have the Kanas and I've been looking for a 2.5mm version of the Kanas Pro cable for a lower price than Penon Audio for a while.
Here's the link:
US $14.70 72%OFF | NICEHCK MMCX/2Pin Interface 3.5/2.5mm Balanced 8 Core Copper Silver Mixed Cable For TRN V80 ZS10 AS10 CCA C10 C16 NICEHCK N3 M6 https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cKHXqUv6

XnLpnQh
Damn, I missed the MMCX versions.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,896 of 12,007
Damn, I'm kinda sad. The right side of my KPE died when it was on the way to a friend to compare it to the regular Kanas. I suspect the parcel got some impact and the cable inside disconnected from the driver or might the driver got damaged somehow. The thing is I'll need to return it to the seller. But he says to send it back for "repairing" instead of replacement. If it's a damage driver issue I don't know how they will "repair" it or might they're trying to say repair this situation? I don't know. Also, shipping isn't that cheap ($30ish).

So 1-3 months without KPE and I don't know how it'll pan out. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #1,897 of 12,007
Damn, I'm kinda sad. The right side of my KPE died when it was on the way to a friend to compare it to the regular Kanas. I suspect the parcel got some impact and the cable inside disconnected from the driver or might the driver got damaged somehow. The thing is I'll need to return it to the seller. But he says to send it back for "repairing" instead of replacement. If it's a damage driver issue I don't know how they will "repair" it or might they're trying to say repair this situation? I don't know. Also, shipping isn't that cheap ($30ish).

Coil already opened his KPEs with pictures earlier in this thread. If you're handy you could fix it yourself or find a local electronic repair shop which should be cheaper and quicker. Good luck

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #1,898 of 12,007

I`m feeling sorry for You! I couldn´t even imagine spending my "music-time" without KPE ;(

Are You 100% sure it isn`t the cable fault?
I`m not sure what that issue might be as inside they should be very well soldered!
9939660_l.jpg

Wish You luck!

;(

Edit:

Btw, calibrated my iMM-6 littlebit more accurate and here is FR graph of KPE with modded nozzle grills:
9940025_l.jpg

Looks pretty much what I hear. Anyway, beautiful sound for my ears and with my gear :relieved::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #1,899 of 12,007
Hi there, before this i was planning to get kanas pro. but im super unlucky and its out of stock, and prolly be here a month or so. so im looking for alternatives, cheaper one that the kanas pro i'll prolly get that in the future.

my options are between the Crescent or Aria. im wondering how different they are, how much of an upgrade aria is over crescent.

since there is almost 0 reviews on aria. hope you guys can help me with this. (also im planning to do MMCX mod for the one i get)

currently im using the MH755 (with mmcx mod). i love how they sound and i hear that moondrop have similar sound sig as them, so i was looking at them hoping for an upgrade. i listen to all kind of music (but Rock, metal, blues, jazz are my main consumption)

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #1,900 of 12,007
Hi there, before this i was planning to get kanas pro. but im super unlucky and its out of stock, and prolly be here a month or so. so im looking for alternatives, cheaper one that the kanas pro i'll prolly get that in the future.

my options are between the Crescent or Aria. im wondering how different they are, how much of an upgrade aria is over crescent.

since there is almost 0 reviews on aria. hope you guys can help me with this. (also im planning to do MMCX mod for the one i get)

currently im using the MH755 (with mmcx mod). i love how they sound and i hear that moondrop have similar sound sig as them, so i was looking at them hoping for an upgrade. i listen to all kind of music (but Rock, metal, blues, jazz are my main consumption)

maybe if you are intend to get KP, you can go with crescent first, since its cheaper, and save your money to buy KP later. Crescent is more value than Aria, and from crescent to Aria i think there is not much upgrade in sound quality, so crescents are better value.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #1,901 of 12,007

Also interested in what the sound signature or tonal differences are between the Crescent and Aria. Would probably want to pick up a second Moondrop sometime.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,902 of 12,007
maybe if you are intend to get KP, you can go with crescent first, since its cheaper, and save your money to buy KP later. Crescent is more value than Aria, and from crescent to Aria i think there is not much upgrade in sound quality, so crescents are better value.
oh i don't really mind the price difference tbh (its not that significant), if i really like it i can just skip Kanas Pro and go with blessing for my next IEM. i just want to get the better IEM for under $100.

Mar 30, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,903 of 12,007
Also interested in what the sound signature or tonal differences are between the Crescent and Aria. Would probably want to pick up a second Moondrop sometime.

I think Crescent v2 (v1 is brass finishing shell) is similar to Aria, they share same driver and more or less same tuning, feels like gold version of Aria (Aria is silver chrome color). Never listen both side by side / A-B ing. but i guess definitely crescent is more value here.

oh i don't really mind the price difference tbh (its not that significant), if i really like it i can just skip Kanas Pro and go with blessing for my next IEM. i just want to get the better IEM for under $100.

Aria is 2.5X price of crescent, while they share same driver (CMIIW) and similar shell only different color. ANd their in house tuning is similar also, so in opinion you can take crescent and save your money to fund on Kanas Pro / Blessing or just go to A8 all the way

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #1,904 of 12,007
I think Crescent v2 (v1 is brass finishing shell) is similar to Aria, they share same driver and more or less same tuning, feels like gold version of Aria (Aria is silver chrome color). Never listen both side by side / A-B ing. but i guess definitely crescent is more value here.

Aria is 2.5X price of crescent, while they share same driver (CMIIW) and similar shell only different color. ANd their in house tuning is similar also, so in opinion you can take crescent and save your money to fund on Kanas Pro / Blessing or just go to A8 all the way
i see, alright thanks. since i hear Aria have similar sound to blessing so im kinda interested.

how is the sound stage for the crescent?

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #1,905 of 12,007
Reporting back on the Crescent.
After dry

Where did you find the information that the Aria uses the same driver as the Crescent?
I like the frequency response of the Crescent, unoffensive, but the transparency and resolution are low and I found bass to be light below 200Hz
EDIT: I have to correct my statements.
After comparing the Crescent to the MH755 and my modded JVC HA-FD02 I am impressed by the Crescent. Frequency response is very balanced and natural, and actually the transparency and detail is not that far from the JVC. Even the soundstage is good.
MH755 has a bit more bass (elevated) but mids are much more natural on the Crescent, and the bass quality of the Crescent is also much better, better texture and detail. Overall I am impressed what is possible for $30 and am happy I bought it. Maybe I’ll get more for family and friends.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back