Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,907 of 12,011
Seems Moondrop hit a homerun with KP/KPE - so much buyers that can`t keep up. Hopefully it won`t affect QC/BQ.

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,908 of 12,011
Reporting back on the Crescent.
After dry

Where did you find the information that the Aria uses the same driver as the Crescent?
I like the frequency response of the Crescent, unoffensive, but the transparency and resolution are low and I found bass to be light below 200Hz
EDIT: I have to correct my statements.
After comparing the Crescent to the MH755 and my modded JVC HA-FD02 I am impressed by the Crescent. Frequency response is very balanced and natural, and actually the transparency and detail is not that far from the JVC. Even the soundstage is good.
MH755 has a bit more bass (elevated) but mids are much more natural on the Crescent, and the bass quality of the Crescent is also much better, better texture and detail. Overall I am impressed what is possible for $30 and am happy I bought it. Maybe I’ll get more for family and friends.

how does it compare to say Tin Audio T2?

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #1,909 of 12,011
I want that damn A8. I feel like Moondrop can tune better than anyone else for my ears. WHY does it have to be freakin $666 bux!? I have to sell some stuff.

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #1,910 of 12,011
Reporting back on the Crescent.
After dry

Where did you find the information that the Aria uses the same driver as the Crescent?
I like the frequency response of the Crescent, unoffensive, but the transparency and resolution are low and I found bass to be light below 200Hz
EDIT: I have to correct my statements.
After comparing the Crescent to the MH755 and my modded JVC HA-FD02 I am impressed by the Crescent. Frequency response is very balanced and natural, and actually the transparency and detail is not that far from the JVC. Even the soundstage is good.
MH755 has a bit more bass (elevated) but mids are much more natural on the Crescent, and the bass quality of the Crescent is also much better, better texture and detail. Overall I am impressed what is possible for $30 and am happy I bought it. Maybe I’ll get more for family and friends.

Crescent:
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.n...7146456&referrerCode=0&searchKeyword=Crescent

Aria:

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.n...21335908106&referrerCode=0&searchKeyword=Aria

(Use Google tradutor Korean to English)

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,911 of 12,011
For those who wait for KPE to come in stock on Amazon, those are readily available on ebay at cheaper price.

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #1,913 of 12,011
damn based on that (and the graph) im starting to leaning more towards aria.

I think Crescent vs Aria FR difference is mainly due to the size of the front vent. You could probably achieve a similar response by opening Crescent and reducing the rear volume like yuriv did (that is if you're into DIY)

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #1,914 of 12,011
I think Crescent vs Aria difference is just in the size of the front vent. You could probably achieve a similar response by opening Crescent and reducing the rear volume like yuriv did (that is if you're into DIY)
im not confident enough in doing that since im afraid that both ears won't have the same FR anymore if i did that mod. the only thing im quite confident at is doing mmcx mod hahaha (and prolly the only mod im will do)

Mar 30, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,915 of 12,011
I just received one of those clone IEC 711 compliant earphone couplers and tried it out on my Moondrop Kanas Pro with ear bud foam mod... looks great!

MKP IEC Coupler.jpg

coupler.jpeg

Harman.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #1,917 of 12,011
please measure them without the foam

I actually do not have the stock grill anymore. I bought generic ones on Ali Express and used those since I lost one of my grills. So any measurements wouldn't be super accurate. The foam just softens the upper treble spike.

Mar 30, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,919 of 12,011
I actually do not have the stock grill anymore. I bought generic ones on Ali Express and used those since I lost one of my grills. So any measurements wouldn't be super accurate. The foam just softens the upper treble spike.
thanks anyway, very nice raw graph, they are a tad calm and smooth for me lately (i think i am becoming a treble head, i am not sure yet) but still very good

Mar 30, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #1,920 of 12,011
thanks anyway, very nice raw graph, they are a tad calm and smooth for me lately (i think i am becoming a treble head, i am not sure yet) but still very good

Haha if you want treble, take the screen off.

Very cool . What is the earbud foam mod?

I took an ear bud foam (from VE Monks) and cut a small piece of it and rolled it up and jammed it into the bore of the IEM under the grill. You can get the same effect but putting the foam in your tips as well. It helps soften upper treble response a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back