Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #646 of 11,979
It's a bit early as they only have about 5 hours playtime of which I listened 2 hours but as expected they are warmer, treble might be a tad more elevated, overall feeling a bit punchier and more "fun" with midrange probably suffering a tiny bit (to be confirmed). I haven't listened to problematic tracks so far but I am confident they'll be less unforgiving of thin mixes than the KP.
do they have good control in the bass area like KP?

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #647 of 11,979
Jan 24, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #649 of 11,979
I've read all the previous pages, but what do you think is the biggest difference between the two? I'm thinking of buying the non-pro and upgrading the cable, because I love my bass.
why people think that KP has no bass? the Kanas have more bass but KP is not some lean analytical earphone, it has boost already, is not a huge boost but they are not basshead earphones

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #650 of 11,979
why people think that KP has no bass? the Kanas have more bass but KP is not some lean analytical earphone, it has boost already, is not a huge boost but they are not basshead earphones
+1. I have never once, found my Kpro lacking in bass. S**t slams hard when the track calls for it. I especially really love how tight, controlled and clean it is, very comparable to the bass armature in the DM6, but with that dynamic vibe.

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #651 of 11,979
I don't think it's lacking in bass, but several people said the regular one has more sub-bass and the frequency graphs seem to prove that out, plus it looks like the KP has more treble energy.

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #652 of 11,979
I've read all the previous pages, but what do you think is the biggest difference between the two? I'm thinking of buying the non-pro and upgrading the cable, because I love my bass.

The amount of bass for certain, they are definitely warmer, other differences, if any, are much more subtle.

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #653 of 11,979

They have bass only if there is enough bass in the tracks. On thin tracks they sound terribly thin IMHO. They can't be near neutral and adequate for amount of bass in any situation at the same time. We know they are very unforgiving in this respect. Let's not make them to be what they aren't.

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #655 of 11,979
They have bass only if there is enough bass in the tracks. On thin tracks they sound terribly thin IMHO. They can't be near neutral and adequate for amount of bass in any situation at the same time. We know they are very unforgiving in this respect. Let's not make them to be what they aren't.
they sound above neutral in the bass for me, never thin, ER4S with 5db bass boost under 50hz is neutral bass, KP sound more bassy than that

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #656 of 11,979
Jan 24, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #657 of 11,979
they sound above neutral in the bass for me, never thin, ER4S with 5db bass boost under 50hz is neutral bass, KP sound more bassy than that

I don't have ER4S but I have ER4P and sure there is more bass in KP. However with ER4P, the amount of bass in tracks doesn't really matter, they'll always sound on the thinner/brighter side to me whereas with KP if there is significant bass it'll render it almost bombastically but if there is little bass it may feel very thin comparatively indeed.

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #660 of 11,979
well that is one of the reasons why they are such a great all rounders, also they response very well with bass EQ, they can be bass monsters if you want

My point was that KP reveals differences in mix/mastering with regards to bass much more than the Etys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back