Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,310 of 11,982
Burn himmmmmm He is a witch :D

It wouldn't be so bad but he can be a real asshole in the comments as well :/

(probably a nice enough fella in real life)

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #1,311 of 11,982
look at 3 different in ears measured, they all measure similar, also in the comments the responses are against his impressions and sound demo

Jo Par
45 minutes ago
The Moondrop KP changes completely after 100+ hours of burn in - Please ignore this review - It is not reliable - If you are listening to IEMs fresh out of a box this is often very unreliable, un realistic and unfair - Also the sound demos on youtube sound nothing like how they actually sound in real life never mind that you are using a track that is a 'modern' recording with elevated bass. Why not use an actual well recorded / mastered reference track?? A track that has been especially designed FOR reference...maybe something from Chesky records. Something that has a balance of all frequencies. I really dont want to be disrespectful but . . .

clavinetjunkie
5 minutes ago
I think I have done a review on the matter of an alleged "burn-in"... i don't want to be disrespectful, but do you really think that the sound changes after time? hahaha
Screenshot (240).png

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,312 of 11,982
The KP have a Very similar Frequency Response to the ones of The Crescent and Aria, that he showed and liked a Lot... I cannot understand What is really going on with that guy... My Soundmagic E10 really sounds nothing like the demo that he did. He Eq the demos to show how he hears the iems. Maybe the problem is with his ears (His own ears).

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #1,315 of 11,982
Highlighted reply
clavinetjunkie15 minutes ago
I think I have done a review on the matter of an alleged "burn-in"... i don't want to be disrespectful, but do you really think that the sound changes after time? hahaha

Jo Par
1 second ago
@clavinetjunkie - with respect yes But - the degree and what the actual changes are is not always huge! (But occasionally it can be huge such as with the Kanas Pros for example) What you are looking for [in general] is firstly a calming down and tightening up of bass, a reduction in harshness of High frequencies and often an over all balance and settling down of the frequencies on the whole. Its possible many people do not have the ear to hear this or even listen to music on good enough equipment to fully be able to appreciate this. Certainly dynamic drivers tend to change the most. If you dont believe me then burn in the Kanas Pro's for 100+ hours and you will see for yourself. unfortunately very few people are open minded enough to genuinely try for themselves such things. based on nothing more than NOT having experienced it they then do what you have just done - laughed at me - (a sound engineer for many years and someone who has owned over 120 headphones) People tend to cling strongly onto their views especially when they based on a negative - "well I haven't experienced bun in THEREFORE it doesn't exist' ?? This is a childish and closed minded way of approaching such things. Please, at least try a good burn in - at worst you will keep your views (all be they very demeaning to others who hold them) or at best you experience an IEM that gives FAR more than what was heard out of the box!

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,317 of 11,982
This is my point - Its the arrogant 'HAHAHA' that makes me loose respect for the guy in particular but mainly I dont get how people hold SO strongly to views that are based on a negative??
I dont beleie THEREFORE it is wrong, does not exist AND you are an idiot for having [wait for it....] EXPERIENCED that :D
Maybe its just lost in translation :)

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #1,319 of 11,982
This is my point - Its the arrogant 'HAHAHA' that makes me loose respect for the guy in particular but mainly I dont get how people hold SO strongly to views that are based on a negative??
I dont beleie THEREFORE it is wrong, does not exist AND you are an idiot for having [wait for it....] EXPERIENCED that :D
Maybe its just lost in translation :)

Correct. Good old confirmation bias on his part. ie...he believes it, won't believe anything different...and filters out everything to the contrary.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #1,320 of 11,982
He is however not the first to find them bright or thin sounding - reading reviews mentioning that is the primary reason why I’m personally cautious about getting them so far. That and I haven’t seen comparisons to any headphones that I know well.

From what I heard in his recording, it’s sounded like they were generally very neutral, with a bit extra bass, and some treble sparkle - nothing too excessive or shrill, but it was definitely there.
But again nothing that would match the hyperbolic description he gave.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back