Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #10,891 of 12,007
ok… noted.
upd: we are on it.
WHile you're at it, kindly also see if the size of the Spring tips can be enlarged a but more, with may be same or a bit longer stem.

Feb 15, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #10,894 of 12,007
Do any1 here have a FR measurement of the Variation in CSV ? I have been using AutoEQ for my EQ but i can't find a public FR CSV file anywhere (including AutoEQ's measurements databases). I have been using the AutoEQ guide to extract FR coordinate from images of the Variation's FR measurement but it's might be unreliable.

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #10,895 of 12,007
Do any1 here have a FR measurement of the Variation in CSV ? I have been using AutoEQ for my EQ but i can't find a public FR CSV file anywhere (including AutoEQ's measurements databases). I have been using the AutoEQ guide to extract FR coordinate from images of the Variation's FR measurement but it's might be unreliable.
Will this work? It's not perfect but imo close enough..

Attachments

• Variation FR.csv.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #10,896 of 12,007
For Rock/Electronic music I wouldn't reccomend any of those tbh. While good in a wide range of songs, the FDX1 and B2 lack the bass to sound fun imo. The Variations on the other hand has too much subbass relative to midbass.

@lfgoodsound what iems do you use now? Do you think the bass is adequate on your current pair or are you looking for more/less bass?

Dark warm bassy with a subbass boost then? or do you want something brighter and more detailed?
yeah i am looking for either dark warm and bassy or neutral and bassy but not anything bright but i also value sound quality as a whole and im not adverse to using eq a little

would the moondrop variations be good for what i have described so far?

thank you for your time and help

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #10,897 of 12,007
yeah i am looking for either dark warm and bassy or neutral and bassy but not anything bright but i also value sound quality as a whole and im not adverse to using eq a little

would the moondrop variations be good for what i have described so far?

thank you for your time and help
I'm not sure about you but I didn't enjoy the variations for bassy electronic music. It has tons of rumble but very little impact making the presentation wierd imo. Like you can feel the bass drop but the impact never comes.

Per your description i think the 7hz timeless would be a good fit for you. Its also a planar like your LCD-2Fs so they will need more power than a regular pair of iems so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #10,898 of 12,007
I'm not sure about you but I didn't enjoy the variations for bassy electronic music. It has tons of rumble but very little impact making the presentation wierd imo. Like you can feel the bass drop but the impact never comes.

Per your description i think the 7hz timeless would be a good fit for you. Its also a planar like your LCD-2Fs so they will need more power than a regular pair of iems so keep that in mind.
Love to see the timeless with waifu package. Will buy it immediately

Feb 18, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #10,900 of 12,007
Feb 18, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #10,901 of 12,007
Yes, they do
thanks, are the more comfortable then the stock silicone stips for the variations iyo?

also do you or anyone else mainly use your iem instead of full sized headphones at your desk area when listening to movies or playing games and watching movies? im new to iems and dont know if they as prevalent for such things that headphones are used for also

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #10,902 of 12,007
thanks, are the more comfortable then the stock silicone stips for the variations iyo?

also do you or anyone else mainly use your iem instead of full sized headphones at your desk area when listening to movies or playing games and watching movies? im new to iems and dont know if they as prevalent for such things that headphones are used for also
Comfort is subjective, personally i feel stuffy using final e while stock tips either too big or too small, my personal choice are cp155, tanchjim t-apb bass, and spring tips L, all of them feels good but spring tips feel the best after it settled in.
Between HP or Iems is really depends, if your desks is fixed, not noisy, and personal an open back HP is suitable, but if it noisy or you need to bring the HP back and forth from home or other places then iems has better portability.

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #10,903 of 12,007
are you sure the final e type fits the variations? i just got the tips today and it wont fit the nozzle as the opening is to small on the tip to fit over the nozzle on the iem

did i buy the wrong final e type maybe

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #10,904 of 12,007
are you sure the final e type fits the variations? i just got the tips today and it wont fit the nozzle as the opening is to small on the tip to fit over the nozzle on the iem

did i buy the wrong final e type maybe
You force them, same with any other tips like tanchjim t-apb, cp100, cp145, azla crystal, spring tips, aet 07, dot++, etc. As long as its has 4.5mm core and flexible you can force it to fit Variations, usually i put my Variations on table and force them from lower nozzle and stretch the eartips until the core can get in, beware the filter may broke on first time.

Edit: On new tips i usually do some “stretching” to make the core more flexible, it works on azla crystal and cp100 including final type E

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #10,905 of 12,007
I have a set of Moondrop Nekocake and would like to download the Moondrop Link app for Android but it seems to be unavailable on Google Play and generally online. I sent an email to Moondrop but received no reply. Is there any way to obtain this app? TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back