Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #8,791 of 12,011
Well I got my arias after the cables of my gr07 bass edition were falling apart. First impressions are mixed, too neutral for me after the gr07. On the plus side the arias beat it in every other aspect, and by a country mile. So my advice is if you enjoy flat sound go for it.

The packaging is impressive for moment thought I'd brought a Rolex.

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #8,792 of 12,011
Well I got my arias after the cables of my gr07 bass edition were falling apart. First impressions are mixed, too neutral for me after the gr07. On the plus side the arias beat it in every other aspect, and by a country mile. So my advice is if you enjoy flat sound go for it.

Interesting, to me my GR07X was the one that sounded off/unnatural after hearing the Aria

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #8,793 of 12,011

You can use Final Audio type E eartips to increase the bass a little bit.

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #8,797 of 12,011
Anyone notice some distortion with their Variations? It's not there all the time but on certain high frequencies, I can hear it on the left ear bud. I thought it was my ears but I switched the left bud over to my right, replayed the same track and I can still hear it. I'm thinking I have a faulty pair, maybe a bad EST driver in the left bud?

Kind of a bummer, didn't have this issue with the Dusk at all.

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #8,798 of 12,011
Anyone notice some distortion with their Variations? It's not there all the time but on certain high frequencies, I can hear it on the left ear bud. I thought it was my ears but I switched the left bud over to my right, replayed the same track and I can still hear it. I'm thinking I have a faulty pair, maybe a bad EST driver in the left bud?

Download this app, tone generator,
do a frequency sweep,
you can pin point the exact faulty frequency,
or just search on google:
"online free tone generator"

Screenshot_20210714-135423697 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #8,800 of 12,011

Just got my variations today and have this same issue(distortion) but for my right ear bud.
Found the solution for this, you have to place the ear bud facing downwards(ear tip facing down) and use your index finger to firmly tap on the faceplate several times. And also make sure that the faceplate and body of the ear bud is secure(press down with fingers). Not sure why is that, but the distortion went away.

Quite disappointed with the QC from Moondrop. Makes me doubt their QC card in their box.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #8,801 of 12,011
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #8,802 of 12,011
Just got my variations today and have this same issue(distortion) but for my right ear bud.
Found the solution for this, you have to place the ear bud facing downwards(ear tip facing down) and use your index finger to firmly tap on the faceplate several times. And also make sure that the faceplate and body of the ear bud is secure(press down with fingers). Not sure why is that, but the distortion went away.

Quite disappointed with the QC from Moondrop. Makes me doubt their QC card in their box.
Yeah, it's weird I don't hear it all the time but sometimes I do. It's almost like a rattling noise when you have bad car stereo speakers.

I'll give that a try, but man that sucks. I'm hoping that the issue will go away after some burn in and the drivers settle down.

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #8,803 of 12,011
Yeah, it's weird I don't hear it all the time but sometimes I do. It's almost like a rattling noise when you have bad car stereo speakers.

I'll give that a try, but man that sucks. I'm hoping that the issue will go away after some burn in and the drivers settle down.
Are the Variations' IEM cavities resin-filled like the B2 or is it a free-air enclosure? Might help you narrow down what it is.

Jul 14, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #8,804 of 12,011
Are the Variations' IEM cavities resin-filled like the B2 or is it a free-air enclosure? Might help you narrow down what it is.
it should be a hollow enclosure,
plastic body + metal face plate,

Jul 14, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #8,805 of 12,011
it should be a hollow enclosure,
plastic body + metal face plate,
If so and one can hopefully re-attach that backplate, might be worth going in to see if those Variations are causing Vibrations somewhere; maybe something needs to be rerouted/taped down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back