Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #7,126 of 11,979
Received my Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk today and they are beautiful but I'm ashamed to say the Left iem is broken.. It's crackling & hissing with distortion..i tried several different cables and audio sources and still no hope...by what i did manage to hear out of the right side accompanied by the crippled left side i can tell these are an amazing sounding set of iems... Hopefully Shenzhen Audio can resolve this issue for me quickly...

Attachments

• 20210213_164544.jpg
    20210213_164544.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210213_164610.jpg
    20210213_164610.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 14, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #7,127 of 11,979
Yes it is.(in fact it's also operated by shenzhenaudio)
The 8.99 package comes with 10 pairs of filters and 2 pairs of MISTIPS on your choice of size(guess what we got a new employee to run the AliExpress store)
If you are quite worried about that, you can go to shenzhenaudio.com instead.
Bought a couple of pairs from shenzhenaudio, thanks!

Feb 14, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #7,129 of 11,979
I'm extremely happy to say that Cloris and Bonnie from Shenzhen Audio have reached out to me and resolved my Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk issue immediately.. Great customer service.

Good job - Cloris @ Shenzhenaudio 💖💖💖

Feb 14, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #7,130 of 11,979
It is hard not to recommend these little guys for comfort as a budget solution...about $40 USA.
DSC05300.JPG

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #7,131 of 11,979
The Lotoo PAW S1 is something the other two happy owners of the S8 (why is this IEM not more popular?) should definitely take a look at. The added warmth and punch makes this an extremely enjoyable pairing which i could listen to for hours. With a decent cellphone and UAPP plus Qobuz/Tidal, this makes for a very viable mobile solution which i personally prefer to my DX160.

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #7,132 of 11,979
Received my Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk today and they are beautiful but I'm ashamed to say the Left iem is broken.. It's crackling & hissing with distortion..i tried several different cables and audio sources and still no hope...by what i did manage to hear out of the right side accompanied by the crippled left side i can tell these are an amazing sounding set of iems... Hopefully Shenzhen Audio can resolve this issue for me quickly...
I had the same left iem issues when Blessing 2 (Original) I ordered on amazon thru Shenzhen audio arrived.
It happened right out of the box, and when I run thru 2.5mm balanced when testing sub-bass, it shocked me.
I burned-in with 100hours with pink noise and switched back to the unbalanced 3.5mm original cable as I noticed the original sound before re-cabling sounded much more neutral in terms of tonality, since then I have no cracking issues. Hope your B2 gets fixed soon! Shenzhen audio does have very fast customer service from my purchasing experience in the past.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #7,133 of 11,979
The Lotoo PAW S1 is something the other two happy owners of the S8 (why is this IEM not more popular?) should definitely take a look at. The added warmth and punch makes this an extremely enjoyable pairing which i could listen to for hours. With a decent cellphone and UAPP plus Qobuz/Tidal, this makes for a very viable mobile solution which i personally prefer to my DX160.
I am completely with you on the Lotoo PAW S1. I have one and I have been using it quite a bit with my UM Mest. As an aside, I pair my Dusks with the Fiio UWTS3 more for mobile use. Interestingly, I hear it differently than you do. It might be due to the other Amps/DACs I own. To me, the S1 has more clarity and transparency. It's more neutral and less warm than my other amps.

The S8 seems to be a very good IEM. It has great reviews. I think perhaps it is less popular than it would have been if it didn't come out at roughly the same time as the Thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance. They are in the same price bracket and for some reason, those IEMs stole all of the thunder. Not sure which is better, but I did purchase a Monarch.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #7,134 of 11,979
I had the same left iem issues when Blessing 2 (Original) I ordered on amazon thru Shenzhen audio arrived.
It happened right out of the box, and when I run thru 2.5mm balanced when testing sub-bass, it shocked me.
I burned-in with 100hours with pink noise and switched back to the unbalanced 3.5mm original cable as I noticed the original sound before re-cabling sounded much more neutral in terms of tonality, since then I have no cracking issues. Hope your B2 gets fixed soon! Shenzhen audio does have very fast customer service from my purchasing experience in the past.
After reading your post I have put them to burn using the 1more assistant app immediately!!! Hopefully I have the same great results as you.. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed... Thanks for sharing your story with us... This might help not only myself but others with similar issues.

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #7,135 of 11,979
The S8 seems to be a very good IEM. It has great reviews. I think perhaps it is less popular than it would have been if it didn't come out at roughly the same time as the Thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance. They are in the same price bracket and for some reason, those IEMs stole all of the thunder. Not sure which is better, but I did purchase a Monarch.
Just my guess, but part of the problem may be that at this point not having 'exotic drivers' is severe marketing disadavantage.

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #7,138 of 11,979
One question ...... Fundamental differences between the sound of Moondrop S8 and Moondrop A8, what are they?

Loosely, A8 has more mid-bass, slightly lesser sub-bass and more upper treble sparkle. I find A8 more fun sounding and S8 more neutral.

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #7,140 of 11,979
If the A8 has less bass than the S8, I think I may like it more .... As long as it's not annoying in the high range ...
Nah, S8 has less bass than A8 in all respects. It's why I sold it. A8 was just better for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back