Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #7,141 of 11,979
If the A8 has less bass than the S8, I think I may like it more .... As long as it's not annoying in the high range ...
Depends on which bass region you like more or less of. As I said, A8 has more mid-bass but lesser sub-bass than S8. More gain in mid-bass highlights rock and pop bass playing more prominently, so if you listen to those genres, you'll perceive more bass in A8. If you want lesser sub-bass than S8, look for something tuned more towards Diffuse Field, which don't have the Harman Target style sub-bass boost. Also, I quite like the upper treble in A8, makes songs more fun and exciting.

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #7,142 of 11,979
Depends on which bass region you like more or less of. As I said, A8 has more mid-bass but lesser sub-bass than S8. More gain in mid-bass highlights rock and pop bass playing more prominently, so if you listen to those genres, you'll perceive more bass in A8. If you want lesser sub-bass than S8, look for something tuned more towards Diffuse Field, which don't have the Harman Target style sub-bass boost. Also, I quite like the upper treble in A8, makes songs more fun and exciting.
Look, to make you understand: I like Dunu SA6 and Fearless S8P
In general I like very tight and controlled bass. While the mid-range I prefer it neutral and a little forward ...

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #7,146 of 11,979
Look, to make you understand: I like Dunu SA6 and Fearless S8P
In general I like very tight and controlled bass. While the mid-range I prefer it neutral and a little forward ...

Ummm.. I haven't heard DUNU SA6 but as per graphs, both Moondrop S8 and SA6 have the same amount of bass quantity with SA6 in default mode. That's because SA6 too follows the Harman Target sub-bass lift like the S8. With SA6's switch flipped up, it has around 2dB more bass quantity than S8. On the other hand, I've heard the Fearless S8Pro and it has more mid-bass than S8 and the graphs confirm it too. So, I don't know how you're hearing them as having lesser bass quantity than S8.

Nevertheless, if you want lesser bass quantity than Moondrop S8 but similarly forward upper midrange and would be fine with a bit more lower treble, try the regular Blessing2.

Feb 18, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #7,147 of 11,979
Ummm.. I haven't heard DUNU SA6 but as per graphs, both Moondrop S8 and SA6 have the same amount of bass quantity with SA6 in default mode. That's because SA6 too follows the Harman Target sub-bass lift like the S8. With SA6's switch flipped up, it has around 2dB more bass quantity than S8. On the other hand, I've heard the Fearless S8Pro and it has more mid-bass than S8 and the graphs confirm it too. So, I don't know how you're hearing them as having lesser bass quantity than S8.

Nevertheless, if you want lesser bass quantity than Moondrop S8 but similarly forward upper midrange and would be fine with a bit more lower treble, try the regular Blessing2.

The S8 has better sub-bass extension and cleaner, faster bass overall. The SA6 has longer decay to the bass, providing more warmth to the sound overall, but tracking basslines doesn't work quite as well as on the S8. On the other hand, the SA6 has more a more coherent tuning, as the S8 tends to have slightly unnatural sub-bass emphasis, a bit lean upper bass, and a brighter top end. Don't get me wrong, the S8 is spectacular and more technically capable than the SA6, the latter just has a really lovely tuning with just a little extra in all the right spots.

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #7,148 of 11,979

Actually, more than Moondrop S8 or A8 I was tempted by Faerless 10 Genie or Tansio Mirai 8 space. But no one seems to have heard either.
I'll post the charts:
fearless 10 genie.jpg
TSMR_8_Space.jpg

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #7,149 of 11,979
Is ShenzenAudio a legitimate shop for authentic Moondrop products?

Edit: Never mind, I see that they are. My Blessing 2: Dusk are on the way.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #7,153 of 11,979
This new 1DD is called Aria and it seems it'll be a slightly budget KXXS according to their staff on discord.

From their announcement post on weibo:
Today I will introduce to you a product Aria (New) that will be launched in the near future. It uses the entire LCP liquid crystal diaphragm as the "heart". It has excellent transient response and high-resolution sound details, and has a composite sound cavity structure. The sound quality tuning becomes more sophisticated. The complex process of metal injection molding, CNC carving, and matte metal spray paint creates an elegant and moving appearance like a work of art... Okay, that’s all, I can’t say more, please wait for the formal Release~

unknown.png

mmexport1609453147579.jpg

Feb 20, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #7,154 of 11,979
This new 1DD is called Aria and it seems it'll be a slightly budget KXXS according to their staff on discord.

From their announcement post on weibo:

unknown.png

mmexport1609453147579.jpg

Interest very much piqued :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Qins
Back