Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #6,061 of 12,007
I listen to a lot of electronic music, was trying to get away for a bit and listen to more "normal" music, it didn't work out for me.
I decided to start experimenting with DSP to elevate the performance of B2 for breakcore, DNB and IDM.
Mainly larger sub bass impact is desirable for those types of music for me, also more air to give the impression for bigger stage size.
The DD woofer is capable and very responsive to EQ, there was no need to go crazy there, 3-4db in the low bass is more than enough, lowering the mid bass is a personal preference, i don't like mid bass boost at all even if it is small, treble drivers are capable also so there around 2.5db in the upper treble is enough.
With that preset i was able to lock them in nicely, sub bass impact is larger now with the same amazing control and dynamics, even cleaner profile after the mid bass reduction, upper treble is greatly improved as well with only 2.5db, if you are into electronic music try it out, who knows, you may love them even more.
For other music like jazz or country with male vocals, that preset is not good, it takes a bit of the body in the male vocals and the fullness of the instruments in the mid bass.
But for Autechre, Ochre, Squarepusher and Venetian Snares the performance is improved significantly.

dff.jpg
Screenshot (504).png

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #6,062 of 12,007
What would happen if you turn that 10Hz up by 30dB? One bass note and it causes the reality to collapse into a 5th dimension "Murphhhhh!" cube where you can see all that has happened and will ever happen in your life at the same time and you realize bass is not real, in fact nothing really is, and you're just floating there, in the vast space of nothingness thinking to your self "What if I throw another 30bB into the 20kHz?".

Jul 27, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #6,063 of 12,007
What would happen if you turn that 10Hz up by 30dB? One bass note and it causes the reality to collapse into a 5th dimension "Murphhhhh!" cube where you can see all that has happened and will ever happen in your life at the same time and you realize bass is not real, in fact nothing really is, and you're just floating there, in the vast space of nothingness thinking to your self "What if I throw another 30bB into the 20kHz?".
there was one crazy guy on discord that is using them with 20db at 20hz, he said it is amazing with that setting but i am not so bass hungry

Jul 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #6,064 of 12,007
buyer beware if buying from shenzhen audio. they have a "30 day return no questions asked" but they force you to pay return shipping. the address is in china and it costs a lot of money to ship if you live outside of it. likely more than the item itself.
they only pay shipping for defectives .
they'll probably offer you money to keep the item , about $5, which is better than shipping the item back.
Still, dont think its anything like amazon returns

Jul 28, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #6,065 of 12,007
buyer beware if buying from shenzhen audio. they have a "30 day return no questions asked" but they force you to pay return shipping. the address is in china and it costs a lot of money to ship if you live outside of it. likely more than the item itself.
they only pay shipping for defectives .
they'll probably offer you money to keep the item , about $5, which is better than shipping the item back.
Still, dont think its anything like amazon returns
Afaik, most china distributors are like that... even Aliexpress too

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #6,066 of 12,007
The S8 because of its lipless design has been a challenge for me experimenting with different tips. The included Moondrop tips do work well, but due to their texture, I found my ears getting itchy with long listening sessions. I just bought the xelastec tips from Azla and they work great due to their tacky nature. No more tips falling off! Also, the xelastecs ensure a great seal, so the S8 never sounded better. Highly recommended!

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #6,067 of 12,007
just got the ssr and am loving it
i dont find this thing shouty at all, maybe i'm too used to shouty iems lol. at least it's got more bass than er4s
it sounds quite a bit different from Mh755 unlike this graph, to my surprise.
but once you clog up the front holes, the treble shifts and it sounds more like the MH755. Much warmer feel. theres an extra vent for air release so it should be ok
just needs a bit more airiness
maybe if you come in with little expectations, you'll be blown away like me lol

Attachments

• SSR_vs_MH755.jpg
    SSR_vs_MH755.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ssr clogged vs not clogged.jpg
    ssr clogged vs not clogged.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #6,068 of 12,007
just got the ssr and am loving it
i dont find this thing shouty at all, maybe i'm too used to shouty iems lol. at least it's got more bass than er4s
it sounds quite a bit different from Mh755 unlike this graph, to my surprise.
but once you clog up the front holes, the treble shifts and it sounds more like the MH755. Much warmer feel. theres an extra vent for air release so it should be ok
just needs a bit more airiness
maybe if you come in with little expectations, you'll be blown away like me lol

Needed a little mod nonetheless. that's good right?

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #6,069 of 12,007
Got a 2.5mm balanced cable for my Starfields. They sounded pretty great single ended. Now to take them for a spin...

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #6,071 of 12,007
would Blessing 2 be a good compliment to, or an outright upgrade to, Ikko oh1 and ER2XR?

i believe they (B2) will be good upgrade from both

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #6,073 of 12,007

Users who are viewing this thread

Back