Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 31, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #6,091 of 12,007
I would like an IEM finish along the same lines as Out Of Order watches.
https://outoforderwatches.com/

That would be a great way to “re-finish” blemished shells.

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #6,092 of 12,007
Is there any borrowing program anywhere in the US for the Blessing 2? I desperately want to try them as I think they may be the leap up in performance I’m looking for but I also don’t have large ears so I’m concerned they just won’t fit. Any ideas?
you can also "borrow" from amazon. I've bought like 5 IEMs , tried them on like I try on clothes, returned them for full refund. Doesn't matter if new or not. Although used is preferred since it's hard to keep new packages looking new.
doesn't seem to be in stock right now though.

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #6,093 of 12,007
you can also "borrow" from amazon. I've bought like 5 IEMs , tried them on like I try on clothes, returned them for full refund. Doesn't matter if new or not. Although used is preferred since it's hard to keep new packages looking new.
doesn't seem to be in stock right now though.

You can also end up losing your Amazon account this way, fyi.

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #6,094 of 12,007
Looking forward to the Moondrop SSR. Great colours.....and pink....gonna get one.......look great.
So Moondrop Starlight. Completely different sound from my Hiby R5 in 4.4 balanced just using a basic NiceHCK 16 core, 4.4mm, cable. Bass wakes up like a sleeping giant and some sub is apparent on Nitin Sawhney's 'Anthem Without Nation'. Midbass kicks on 'Ambitionz Az A Ridah', it's so tame from the 3.5mm SE. This is the 'polite Moondrop Starfield we all know. Just a balanced 4.4mm cable and a bit of gain and this 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' set of 'nice' IEM's show their secret bass world.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #6,095 of 12,007
Looking forward to the Moondrop SSR. Great colours.....and pink....gonna get one.......look great.
So Moondrop Starlight. Completely different sound from my Hiby R5 in 4.4 balanced just using a basic NiceHCK 16 core, 4.4mm, cable. Bass wakes up like a sleeping giant and some sub is apparent on Nitin Sawhney's 'Anthem Without Nation'. Midbass kicks on 'Ambitionz Az A Ridah', it's so tame from the 3.5mm SE. This is the 'polite Moondrop Starfield we all know. Just a balanced 4.4mm cable and a bit of gain and this 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' set of 'nice' IEM's show their secret bass world.
Out of BTR5 I have no issues getting all that sweet bass on those tracks out of the SE connection. I actually didn't know the Starfield is capable of producing such bass. Maybe it's your source's architecture that delivers less bass out of the SE?

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #6,096 of 12,007
Out of BTR5 I have no issues getting all that sweet bass on those tracks out of the SE connection. I actually didn't know the Starfield is capable of producing such bass. Maybe it's your source's architecture that delivers less bass out of the SE?
That could be true of the Hiby R5 3.5mm SE. The only thing is my iBasso it00s are fine from it and give me great bass. Could be unit variance, my over large ear canals. I don't feel the bass impact from the SE on the R5. I always thought about the Starfields....... "These would be a great IEM if only that had a smidgeon more bass". They are definitely a good sounding IEM, but I kind of agree with those who say they are a bit boring. Now my pair, from my ears, my music, my tips etc, etc, etc.....are sounding much better from balanced. I've been convinced for some time there is more unit variance with ChiFi than buyers realise. Look at the YBF iss014 affair. That should have brought it up in Parliament.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #6,097 of 12,007
Well, in any case I'm glad you are enjoying your unit :)
I find myself coming to the Starfield when I'm tired and I just want to relax and not be assaulted by any particular range of the sound spectrum.

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #6,102 of 12,007
Yes im demoing them right now and imo the bass is just nice and the texturing is really nice.
Based on a lot of comments, it does seem like the bass is notably more than the graph would suggest.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #6,103 of 12,007
Based on a lot of comments, it does seem like the bass is notably more than the graph would suggest.

IMO it depends on how deep you fit the SSR. As deeper as you get more likely your ear canal will "block" the barrel vent and it boosts the bass quite a bit, which the measurement only will show when you cover it with tape.

Ece0KetU8AE9Zhz.jpg

11285991.jpg

Graph by ErkH

Edit: Ofc the ear anatomy plays a hole too, in some cases some people won't be able to fit it that deep, but you always can tape the vent if you find it too lean. I'm not a bass-head so to me it's fine, the texture and speed above average make it quite enjoyable.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #6,104 of 12,007
IMO it depends on how deep you fit the SSR. As deeper as you get more likely your ear canal will "block" the barrel vent and it boosts the bass quite a bit, which the measurement only will show when you cover it with tape.

Ece0KetU8AE9Zhz.jpg

11285991.jpg

Graph by ErkH

Edit: Ofc the ear anatomy plays a hole too, in some cases some people won't be able to fit it that deep, but you always can tape the vent if you find it too lean. I'm not a bass-head so to me it's fine, the texture and speed above average make it quite enjoyable.
Interesting, Ive been using shallow insert so far, deep insert doesnt seem to change the sound much. The tape mod doesn't sound very good. True the quantity of bass increases but the amazing texture becomes a tad blurry.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #6,105 of 12,007
I have a Blessing 2 ordered and coming in the next few weeks. It’ll be my first Moondrop!

I already own Spinfit 360 and Spiral Dots. Any other tips you’d recommend having on hand to try for the best fit?

I’ve seen several people on this thread mention Azla Sedna tips, which I’ve never heard of. Is there a specific type of these that will fit into the B2 nozzle? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back