Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #46 of 11,979
Kanas pro review with a frequency response. It seems Moondrop knows how to tune them.

http://headflux.de/moondrop-kanas-pro-edition/

moondrop-kanas-pro-edition-web_871268.png

Dec 25, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #50 of 11,979
wonder why this thread so quiet xD
okay i've tried all Moondrop Lineup (used to own some of them, currently only has Moondrop Blessing with Lyre Accoustics Violet) except their flagship A8 and Liebesleid Japan Edition (earbud)

i'll try to give short impression based on my memories, basically all Moondrop lineup focus on Clarity, Female Vocal, wide soundstage, neutral soundsig and amazing treble extension, obviously with light bass as downside

Moondrop IX
Impression: Midcentric with sweet vocal, probably the best IEM for vocal at that price range (before crescent or Aria come out), intimate soundstage, there is treble and bass roll-off. Solid Build Quality, Quite heavy

Moondrop Nocturne
Impression: Moondrop trying to imitate ER4XR, use the same Knowles ED-29689 (CMIIW), the one which sound weird but good, Airy with Good clarity, there is treble roll-off, thin mid-bass, quite big sub bass (considered because thin mid-bass), wide soundstage but lack of depth, thin sounding overall, IMO the worst IEM from Moondrop, just okay at their price range. Solid build quality

Moondrop A4
Impression: Ex-Flagship with 4BA, great resolution, light bass but goes pretty deep, more balanced version than Blessing, So-so build quality... too bad it's discontinued, it has potential to be the best value IEM at the price (around $320)

Moondrop Kanas
Impression: The warmest Moondrop Lineup, it has the biggest bass quantity, quite aggresive upper mid, i like Kanas using Lyre Accoustics - Reference cable (the one with Kanas Pro Edition)
42232516_10209399188735650_745191875421405184_o.jpg

The left one is NS Audio "Dream Bridge" NS5 which is another best value, but won't talk about it here

Moondrop Kanas Pro Edition
Impression: leaner version of Kanas with better clarity, more treble extension with less bass quantity, Best Value from Moondrop lineup IMO (Till Moondrop Aria comeout from nowhere) but i prefer Kanas with Kanas Pro Cable

Moondrop Crescent
Impression: This one kills!! absolutely best budget IEM if you like light bass IEM, neutral, good for female vocal, wide soundstage with okay-ish depth (which is good at that price range)

Moondrop Aria
Impression: Mini Blessing, it does everything like Blessing in lower resolution and extention

Moondrop Blessing
Did you find the time...? :)

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #51 of 11,979
T***i
KH
(1)
Color: silver Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping
Out of the box, i would hella take these over a well burned-in (assuming it's real) Campfire Vega, because the Vega didn't sound all that good straight out of my phone (oneplus 6). I asked the seller at a store in Bangkok whether or not if the vegas needed amplification but he said it was fine. I also demoed the fiio fh5, ostry kc07, ath e70, and would take the Kanas Pro over those any day. I also managed to demo the andromeda S, although it sounded pretty nice "unamped", the bass was a bit lacking in quantity (i prefer some meat to my bass). As for the regular Kanas (also well burned in), i felt that the bass quantity was a bit much for my taste, but they still sounded good vs the Vega. Comes to show that you don't really need to spend a fortune to get stupidly good sound and the Kanas Pro is a living proof. Kudos to the team over at Moondrop for creating this amazing little gem. Will add more info after running it in for 150-200 hours (again, assuming it's real).
  • UTB8CGoxFWrFXKJk43Ovq6ybnpXah.jpg
12 Dec 2018 07:18

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #52 of 11,979
T***i
KH
(1)
Color: silver Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping
Out of the box, i would hella take these over a well burned-in (assuming it's real) Campfire Vega, because the Vega didn't sound all that good straight out of my phone (oneplus 6). I asked the seller at a store in Bangkok whether or not if the vegas needed amplification but he said it was fine. I also demoed the fiio fh5, ostry kc07, ath e70, and would take the Kanas Pro over those any day. I also managed to demo the andromeda S, although it sounded pretty nice "unamped", the bass was a bit lacking in quantity (i prefer some meat to my bass). As for the regular Kanas (also well burned in), i felt that the bass quantity was a bit much for my taste, but they still sounded good vs the Vega. Comes to show that you don't really need to spend a fortune to get stupidly good sound and the Kanas Pro is a living proof. Kudos to the team over at Moondrop for creating this amazing little gem. Will add more info after running it in for 150-200 hours (again, assuming it's real).
  • UTB8CGoxFWrFXKJk43Ovq6ybnpXah.jpg
12 Dec 2018 07:18

tried the Kanas with the kanas pro cable?

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #53 of 11,979
Which one has bass closer to IE800, Kanas or Kanas Pro? I love the IE800 and sennheiser house sound, but would like something over ear and 1DD.
I'm leaning towards Kanas, because of the meatier bass and already have plenty for 2-pin cables.

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #54 of 11,979
Pulled the trigger on the kanas and a yiniyoo 6 core copper cable :)

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #56 of 11,979
Is the kpe one a 6 cores cable...?

I don't no, probably not, but the KPE alegedly have a very high quality litz cable.

I buyed the yinioo 6 core cable because the kanas (non pro) have a very ugly cable, i am not too much into sonic differences with cables but i bought because of the looks

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #59 of 11,979
I’ve a silly question; the differences between regular Kanas and Pro is just the cable, right? Sound, shell everything is same.
Not silly at all... What’s known is that the cable and shell finish are different, maybe the venting holes are equipped with different filters?
The consesus seems to be that there is a difference between KANAS + Pro cable and KANAS PRO, with the latter being a little more detailed, smoother and neutral, the Kanas + pro cable being more energetic.

I am waiting for the Pro version and think that’s the right choice for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back