Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #31 of 12,003
I'm tempted to get regular Kanas to compare with Pros. If the tuning has the aggressiveness/punch at mid-bass which sometimes I'm missing on my Pros it would be my winner.

btw, has anyone tried JVC FD01 and can compare it with KPE?

Mid Bass on kanas has more quantity but i don't think it's aggressive enough to suit your taste

do they have official web site?
what is the history of the brand?
they are very interesting, different from typical chi fi brand like KZ for example

www.moondrop.cn is their official website
Actually not every Chi-Fi brand mass product like KZ, my Top 5 Chi-Fi brand is : NF Audio, Nature Sound, Moondrop, QDC and VSonic

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #34 of 12,003
Can anyone say something about how the Kanas Pro would compare to the Pinnacle P1?
I have very little experience with IEMs, have had the P1 for a while and ordered the Kanas Pro earlier this week.

Maybe a little late to raise the question but I am somewhat curious what to expect.
Funny thing was that I started to try other tips on the P1 yesterday and found that with the right tips (foam tips from the 1More Triple) the P1 got a good bass which complemented the detailed and smooth mids in a really nice way. Now I am wondering if I just got another IEM with similar characteristics...

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #35 of 12,003
oh, nice, a Moondrop thread, while its another chi-fi thread added to keep track of, they do deserve a bit of attention.

@sodesuka had the Moondrop Aria and liked it quite a lot, his impressions below:

"they're very clean with nice tonality that's neither too warm or too bright, nice timbre, right amount of bass that can be impactful when called for and get out of the way when not, nicely textured too, clear vocals that are presented well without being too forward (may be too much for those used to v-shaped phones), highs that are neither smooth nor harsh, good around your head spherical soundstage though not too wide nor narrow. They pretty much just do everything right though maybe not specialized enough so those wanting huge bass or razor sharp treble won't find it on these, but I think we've got more than enough of those specialized cans nowadays so these feel like a breath of fresh air.

Moondrop's got a graph on their store for anyone interested https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a211ha.10565794.0.0.59c21353ENf1Bf&id=572559221229

Edit: Okay, female vocals sound really great on these. I probably like it more than Moondrop's own Kanas Pro if we're talking about tonality (technicality-wise, Aria probably falls short a bit, don't have Kanas Pro anymore with me). Highs can be a bit too tizzy on bad recordings.

(Aria cont.) lol OK these things are bonkers on better source/amp. Forget $100, these are better than any sub $300s dynamic IEMs I've tried sans Flares line. Sound sig is more acceptable for most people than Unicorn as well (whose vocals presentation and smoothness still can't be beaten) with their satisfying air-moving bass which BA drivers cannot provide (unless you go wayyy up I guess). Just make sure you have a beefy amp/source to drive these bad boys.
Edit: biggish bass with good source (could get a bit too much for me which means it should be good enough for most people), decently controlled treble, real good female vocals that aren't bright, slightly distant-ish male vocals, decently sized around head soundstage, very clean sounding without weird quirks. get this if you want your bass and female vocals, aka they're good for JPOP or anime ost."

crinacle also had high praise for the Moondrop Blessing:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cri...-21-10-18-update.857498/page-58#post-14498681

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #36 of 12,003
Has anyone heard the Moondrop Liebesleid? That's the only Moondrop product I've heard, so it's my only reference point.

How does their IEM line-up compare?

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #37 of 12,003
In one or two weeks i'll order the kanas -not pro version. Put on some nice cable and review them.

20181220_183413.jpg

How is that hole on the pro version ? I think the difference in bass resumes to it, maybe poke the filter in this vent would reduce the bass.

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #38 of 12,003
Looks about the same in this picture:
FA7F483C-CF83-4A9E-BE3B-345CE5D4F213.jpeg

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #40 of 12,003
Looks about the same in this picture:

I mean that in the hole on kanas pro, clearly there is a filter, a paper, don't know exactly. But there is something, maybe on kanas pro there is a hole or a softer material, giving less pressure on the housing and reducing the bass.

If this is the casa. Kanas is going to be easy modded.

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #41 of 12,003
I would like to invite Owners of kanas and kanas pro to take a detailed picture of the hole, if possible.

Dec 21, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #43 of 12,003
In one or two weeks i'll order the kanas -not pro version. Put on some nice cable and review them.
How is that hole on the pro version ? I think the difference in bass resumes to it, maybe poke the filter in this vent would reduce the bass.
the Kanas has about 4db more sub bass at around 20-40hz, more meat on the bone, no pokes needed

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #44 of 12,003

Users who are viewing this thread

Back