Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #5,596 of 11,979
Not sure if people know this, but my friend's Starfield paint chipped, and then he decided to scrap the paint out. Then realised that it was a KXXS shell underneath :k701smile: Guess they might have just reused the shells
photo_2020-06-10_17-30-38.jpg photo_2020-06-10_20-16-56.jpg

Hmmm....i am not so surprised? Wasn’t it not obvious that it’s basically the same shell?
Many manufacturers use the same or very similar shells for different models of their linup - like Campfire Audio for example?
But yeah, it’s weird they have KXXS written on it 😂

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #5,598 of 11,979
i decided to investigate further :floatsmile:
graph.png
Based off of your evidence, there seems like a change in sound directly caused by them painting over the shells... pretty fascinating! 🤣

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #5,601 of 11,979
Based off of your evidence, there seems like a change in sound directly caused by them painting over the shells... pretty fascinating! 🤣
Now that the paint is gone, it’s gonna sound exactly like the KXXS.

So, they’re probably gonna deeply carve the letters DROP on the KXXS, and it’ll change the resonance just enough to make the KXXX.

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #5,604 of 11,979
I thought everyone knew the shells were the same? This isn't new info?
This is true, but I don't think many people actually knew they had KXXS engraved under the paint.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #5,606 of 11,979
Hey guys, I did a YouTube video review of the Blessing 2. I’m still trying to iron out some kinks, but check it out if you get the chance!

Lol @ "circle jerks" comment. Fair review (as in my way of saying nicely done). I have a love hate love relationship with them but I do say, it's a great introduction to good technicalities for its price, even if not everyone is going to like the tuning. Animus brought out his detailed thoughts. On my end, I'm just finding them just a tad shouty from being excellent. Bass is fine, technically, in spite of other criticisms. You don't need "shout" to be detailed...

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #5,607 of 11,979
Hey guys, I did a YouTube video review of the Blessing 2. I’m still trying to iron out some kinks, but check it out if you get the chance!

Bro you can't just drop Fireworks Festival on me like that. It was a good first review, I've read your written review and felt maybe it was a bit too on pace with the script in the video. I did find you to be quite stiff at times going in between the script you made and then to jokes feels a bit unnatural but there's some obvious personality that you have that leaks out that I as a watcher do enjoy and I'm sure it will smooth out and come out once you become more comfortable in front of the camera and eventually form into your style. I felt that my time was respected and I did end up getting the information that I wanted without ramblings or fluff (some fluff is fine and even welcomed at times). I think the easiest criticism that I'm already sure that you are aware of are the cuts, they do help you cut down on the run time of the videos and the production of the video themselves but they do create a disconnect with you and the audience. Ever feel that disconnect when you find out something is prerecorded, it's like that but two-fold. The B-Roll of pictures of the IEMs are the right idea, but not exactly the right execution, if you could perhaps do some nice shots with video instead of scrolling through pictures, then I think that would really enhance your review, instead it comes off as a bit slideshow transitiony. I hope my criticism don't come off as too harsh because I've already subscribed. I think you have a lot to offer and for a first review on audio, I think you have a great first step.

Jun 11, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #5,609 of 11,979
I hope my criticism don't come off as too harsh because I've already subscribed. I think you have a lot to offer and for a first review on audio, I think you have a great first step.

Not all man, I appreciate any feedback! I pretty much agree with you on all counts - I definitely have a tendency to stick to the script a little too closely and it kills the vibe haha. I don't know if I can get B-roll video shots (going off an iPhone here) but I'll have to factor in the other stuff you mentioned. Cool you recognized the song too! :)

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #5,610 of 11,979
Not sure if people know this, but my friend's Starfield paint chipped, and then he decided to scrap the paint out. Then realised that it was a KXXS shell underneath :k701smile: Guess they might have just reused the shells
photo_2020-06-10_17-30-38.jpg photo_2020-06-10_20-16-56.jpg
indeed, we reused some KXXS housing that pass audio QC(since we don't do B-STOCK) but didn't meet our exterior expectations for starfield(for instance imperfect mirror look)

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back