Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #4,846 of 12,011
I used to think that I liked the 8k emphasis (had the Monster Miles Davis Trumpets which had one of my favorite treble offerings), but yeah I'm probably getting bad resonance with the different emphasized areas in the B2.

Tip rolled a bit... and yeah... "oh that's good". I dying to see a Crin graph of this second gen (which apparently does vary its response a bit from gen 1).
You bring back the old hypes! lol. I had the Davis Tributes, and preferred the copper. Tributes had a weird veil to the upper frequencies. It actuallly sounded like some high damping filter was on it. I didn't understand the point of the tuning. You'd think people would want to hear the brass with better intensity. Sounds like Trumpets were a different tuning from it.

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #4,847 of 12,011
You bring back the old hypes! lol. I had the Davis Tributes, and preferred the copper. Tributes had a weird veil to the upper frequencies. It actuallly sounded like some high damping filter was on it. I didn't understand the point of the tuning. You'd think people would want to hear the brass with better intensity. Sounds like Trumpets were a different tuning from it.

Owned the Turbines which blew my mind because those were the best bass cannons I've owned (2x). Wash looking to replace them and found the trumpets.

If you find the graphs, they were W shaped ( I actually eq'd them to same level as the Blessing 2 bass) but the mids were perfect (in timbre and pretty much sweet and articulate vocals), topped with outside of your head upper frequency. All done with a vented DD. Lifetime warranty.
Got them them replaced 4x lmao. (Build was its only flaw. Only flaw!)

They sent me the copper which I sent back about... and they sent me their last trumpets lol. The Copper Turbines were good for rock but even the Joker and other reviewers said that the Trumpets were the most refined iem Monster ever produced since the Tribute. Man, we go way back.

Off topic aside, I feel like people should try these with wide bore, they really,really open the mids (even if this might affect the bass and imaging a bit). "Bad" resonance is pretty much dampened and mids become smoother.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #4,849 of 12,011
I have , turbine white , gold and tribute

You're like the Ancient unknown Kung Fu legend of head-fi rofl. You've probably owned them all, like prestige mode like lol.

What the hell? They had a WHITE ONE???

Apr 1, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #4,851 of 12,011
Turbine pearl , yes u did own them all before then sold them and got them again :,-)

Trumpets had an actual lifetime warranty. No joke. They failed because the cables sucked. This was a time when iem makers still made good cables right?

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #4,855 of 12,011
Hey guys, hope you're all staying safe and well! I just reviewed the Starfield on Everyday Listening, thought it might make for some good lockdown reading :)

This is my first experience with Moondrop and I can already see how the company has grown so much presence so quickly. There's a lot of impressions on the Starfield already so I won't droll about how they sound, they're Harman-target and nicely done overall. What I will say is that, though refined, this earphone is not perfect. I think it's important that reviewers keep the reader's expectations in check by ensuring it's clear that our comments are either in general, irrespective of price, or in relation to price class. With that said, here's my take, I hope you find it insightful, happy listening!

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #4,856 of 12,011
I might be wrong, but arent Moondrop using their own modified version of the harman-target which they call VDSF?

Apr 1, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #4,857 of 12,011
My take on the Starfield - very well behaved, polite, balanced and competent, but missing a bit of air and sparkle at the top as well as a bit of spaciousness. They do not do everything right but they do nothing wrong. Few thrills but no spills.

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #4,858 of 12,011
My take on the Starfield - very well behaved, polite, balanced and competent, but missing a bit of air and sparkle at the top as well as a bit of spaciousness. They do not do everything right but they do nothing wrong. Few thrills but no spills.

Wait till you get your hands on the Blessing 2. *chuckles* if you're that bored.

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #4,859 of 12,011
Wait till you get your hands on the Blessing 2. *chuckles* if you're that bored.
As I've told the Moondrop rep with whom I've been in contact, it is highly unlikely I will buy the Blessing 2 because there is no way I will gamble $300+ without first auditioning them for myself, and the chance of that happening is virtually nil. I'll make an educated gamble for $150. I won't do it for $300+. The whole world is not crazy yet.

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #4,860 of 12,011
As I've told the Moondrop rep with whom I've been in contact, it is highly unlikely I will buy the Blessing 2 because there is no way I will gamble $300+ without first auditioning them for myself, and the chance of that happening is virtually nil. I'll make an educated gamble for $150. I won't do it for $300+. The whole world is not crazy yet.

Yeah. It is a gamble. By the time I've purchased mine there only a few impressions here and there, few reviews of the original. So far, it's not something I'd easily recommend based two immediate reasons:

1) need more time till I really get cozy with them. Different tips and daps yield different impressions. Can go from tonally "decent" to "let's sharpen things up a bit and this yields some darn fine imaging/layering.

2) I can't easily recommend this to newcomers who are accustomed to big and exciting bass. On my end, I haven't really been bothered in wanting to try out Etys, but have experience with similarly graphed iems or those that have a strong or almost exclusive focus in mids. This iem is a bit like a semi cold shower (the Blessing 2 isn't a totally cold listen)

The shop correspondent originally tried to pitch me in buying the S8. I didn't, not because of hype or funds, but yeah this is my first Moondrop, and I already have excellent iems in my collection. So at worst, the Blessing 2 may come of as a "niche" tuning. I mean I was expecting a modified "N" mids lover iem, but I just didn't expect it to sound this technically good for 300$.

Personally, I didn't want to gamble 800$. Even worse when there's really not much to read up on iems. I've got some pretty good all rounder sets already.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back