Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #4,832 of 12,007
Interesting impression about the Blessing 2. As I haven't seen much that mentions how fatiguing B2 is.

Not a bad thing when someone is being genuine right? Being inauthentic would just present you the flowers without the thorns. (Lol at poetry)

Been in a game for some years now. Heard bright iems like dunu dn2000j. Heard the N shaped Titan-3. Had the flc8s. Own the also tuneable LZ-A4.
The latter two are amazing such that you can really tune them... making them N- shaped if you so wished.

I personally have a different stance stance compared to Product Cheerleaders. I have confidence in what I say about a product when or if I find any "faults" worth mentioning. That's actually what I believe helps people make informed decisions. Can't deal with fools.

Personality aside, I'll go back in saying that I've had to tip roll here just see what works best. Eq is another option. I see what they did with the A8 and S8. I see why someone like Crinnacle wants a modded Harman curve.

Tl;dr? The Blessing 2 isn't a "balanced" iem in its tuning. I can tip roll to bring out the bass but the subs just become more "stiff" sounding in some songs and the rest don't feel right.

That said, there are good things to say about these fo sure. Anyhow, that's just got wait (if we haven't written about them already).

How many are new to the hobby? Haha

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,833 of 12,007
Not a bad thing when someone is being genuine right? Being inauthentic would just present you the flowers without the thorns. (Lol at poetry)
I get your idea, I just find that interesting.

I might have to wait till I can actually listen to the B2. Really interested in it.

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #4,834 of 12,007
I get your idea, I just find that interesting.

I might have to wait till I can actually listen to the B2. Really interested in it.

It's worth the listening. I was at the fence and had to research before giving in. Good luck if you do purchase it. I personally wouldn't call it an all-rounder (my official take) because of its specific tuning. The technical aspect of it though is pretty darn good for ~300$. I'll write more later.

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #4,836 of 12,007
20200401_185344.jpg

20200401_185409.jpg

20200401_185436.jpg

20200401_185830.jpg

20200401_190033.jpg

20200401_190127.jpg

20200401_190203.jpg

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #4,837 of 12,007
I appreciate you honesty 1TrickPony, and if the blessing 2 adds more presence to those upper mids with less bass compared to the kxxs and starfield I can see why this can be too bright at times.

Exactly. I've amassed enough iems and have my keepers, so I bought the Blessing 2 to see if it responds to my inclination towards airy female vocals. Certain "peak s" I see in Crins graph may also explain my sensitivity. Heck I remember BGGA not enjoying the original blessing -- hard to play hiphop or rock when you have other iems that have a more lenient tuning. Classical and Metal though is definitely a fun ride :)

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #4,838 of 12,007
This is my reaction to the B2 right now:

How in the actual **** does this fit in my ears, it is giant and bigger than the Audiosense T800 which is already too big and uncomfortable for me. This fits perfectly how is this possible. What magic did Moondrop use with the fit :joy:.

and this just sounds godly:
B2 is a perfect match for Jpop and anime music

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #4,839 of 12,007
This is my reaction to the B2 right now:

How in the actual **** does this fit in my ears, it is giant and bigger than the Audiosense T800 which is already too big and uncomfortable for me. This fits perfectly how is this possible. What magic did Moondrop use with the fit :joy:.

and this just sounds godly:
B2 is a perfect match for Jpop and anime music

When pairing it with my Oriolus Dp100, I'd resort in using smaller tips. With other daps, I'd try and use larger and deeper bores, such that the housing sits shallower (vs. snug). Still get the isolation and bass intact.

All this effort for the glorious layering of mids...

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #4,840 of 12,007
When pairing it with my Oriolus Dp100, I'd resort in using smaller tips. With other daps, I'd try and use larger and deeper bores, such that the housing sits shallower (vs. snug). Still get the isolation and bass intact.

All this effort for the glorious layering of mids...
I use a large wide bore tip with my Fiio M11 and also switched out the stock cable for cable 173. Really fascinating how the bass feels even though the quantity is very low.

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #4,841 of 12,007
@1TrickPony btw did you notice any changes with burn in? (I am not a hard believer in burn in even when it comes to single DD sets)

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #4,842 of 12,007
@1TrickPony btw did you notice any changes with burn in? (I am not a hard believer in burn in even when it comes to single DD sets)

Sorry bud; there's only first impressions and "post" first impressions with me at this point lol. I think I've entered the latter category. I'm glad that you're definitely open to sets with tamed bass. I personally would take them over a bloated set. Curious on your further take.

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #4,843 of 12,007
Sorry bud; there's only first impressions and "post" first impressions with me at this point lol. I think I've entered the latter category. I'm glad that you're definitely open to sets with tamed bass. I personally would take them over a bloated set. Curious on your further take.
yeah they sound amazing, and I will do a review on them. seriously your first impressions on them are really spot-on and makes me laugh at the guy that called these U-shaped lol ( very good upgrade to the KXXS, although the bass quantity might be a bit lower (havent compared them nor listened to the KXXS for a while))

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #4,844 of 12,007
I also didn't experience any fatigue with B2 with my 4-6 hours of playtime a day
In regards to Harman tuning situation, I've experienced fatiguing response from the new True Wireless Galaxy Buds+. It sounds like there was a bit too much 7-8k energy, yet, it looks the closest to Harman I've seen on a response. I don't know if it's due to it's an AKG tuning as I dislike AKG tuning, particularly the K3003 or N5005. There's too much emphasis with the treble, and they get fatiguing fast. Unlike Moondrop iems, which are for long listening sessions due to non-fatiguing response.

I looked at the new Urbanfun iem, and it has me thinking that I will hear similar treble emphasis at 8k.

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #4,845 of 12,007
In regards to Harman tuning situation, I've experienced fatiguing response from the new True Wireless Galaxy Buds+. It sounds like there was a bit too much 7-8k energy, yet, it looks the closest to Harman I've seen on a response. I don't know if it's due to it's an AKG tuning as I dislike AKG tuning, particularly the K3003 or N5005. There's too much emphasis with the treble, and they get fatiguing fast. Unlike Moondrop iems, which are for long listening sessions due to non-fatiguing response.

I looked at the new Urbanfun iem, and it has me thinking that I will hear similar treble emphasis at 8k.

I used to think that I liked the 8k emphasis (had the Monster Miles Davis Trumpets which had one of my favorite treble offerings), but yeah I'm probably getting bad resonance with the different emphasized areas in the B2.

Tip rolled a bit... and yeah... "oh that's good". I'm dying to see a Crin graph of this second gen (which apparently does vary its response a bit from gen 1).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back