Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #4,171 of 11,979
I might be getting the kanas pro but I only have the lg g7 and fiio a3. Will this be enough to power them?

More than enough, and your g7 still have high impedance mode if you need more juice. My KPs are driven well out of my LG v40. Should be the same

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #4,173 of 11,979
thanks I guess I'll get them then :)

you might consider newer Moondrop KXXS too, or there are many cheaper IEM with same technology DLC coated Driver. But if you already full heart on them, just go.

Nov 13, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #4,177 of 11,979
That's even more upsetting lol. Why would they take a perfectly good nozzle and change it to this monstrosity. I'll take a look into the heat rings but would prefer to not make a permanent mod to them in case I need to return them. Thanks for the advice.
Take heat-shrink tube that has very similar diameter, cut little ring from it, put it on nozzle, and heat it for a sec (several times with cool-down pauses). It should give You semi-permanent "lip" that holds tips in place.
Or... find tips with smaller inner bore and stretch them over nozzle (firstly clean nozzle surface with isopropylalcohol).

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #4,178 of 11,979
I don't think so since this new model will be cheaper than KXXS. I'd guess something like 1DD more energetic tuned since they've discontinued Crescent/Kanas/KPE and there's a gap for the "fun" DD in their lineup. But I can be totally wrong, tho.

Yes, I was a bit wrong.
https://twitter.com/Herbert_Zheng/status/1194670003624148993

Is it looks good?a new model which cheaper than KXXS,with Carbon nano tube diaphragm, and softly sound. It names Starfield
EJRSBoGVUAEnLI1

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #4,179 of 11,979
Is this a good enough deal or should I just stick with my mee audio pinnacle px?
FWIW, the Pinnacle P1 was my first decent IEM and it never convinced me. Went for the KPE last year and I was very happy with it. This was the first IEM I truly enjoyed.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #4,180 of 11,979
EJRSBoGVUAEnLI1.jpg

Damn that Starfield is tempting! -.-

Wanna see graph... and someone to compare it to new Fearless single DD.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #4,183 of 11,979
And to Hibiscus, T4, Kbear Diamond, it's DD season
...and NFaudio NA1, TFZ King Edition, Spring1, Penon Sphere and some others I don`t remember atm.
I hope Otto and Kopi don`t Fakcup Diamond as Otto for example hears things noticeably differently than I do... which mean BL-03 mkII and Diamond could become actually worse for me... well, I hope there are much more beta testers and influencers not only two guys.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #4,185 of 11,979
I hope Otto and Kopi don`t Fakcup Diamond as Otto for example hears things noticeably differently than I do... which mean BL-03 mkII and Diamond could become actually worse for me... well, I hope there are much more beta testers and influencers not only two guys.
At the end of the day, who cares if they ruin it for you? It's just an iem for goodness sake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back