Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #3,841 of 11,982
It's Sunday morning & as Bruce Buffer (UFC announcer) would say, "It's Time !!!", for the maiden voyage

I find the Crescents to be to the world of IEMs as the Koss KPH30i is to headphones. If you were to start your journey here, you would be questioning the validity of a lot of these multi driver, Vibranium, blood diamond encrusted, Magnesium shell alternatives. Maybe (and just maybe) the only revision I might see is a larger housing and a double DD. That way the existing DD could be dedicated to the mids - highs and leave a larger DD for that soul shattering, deeper response.

MD Crescent.jpg

Aug 18, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #3,842 of 11,982
So... My MoonDrop A8 has just arrived and boy... I'm blown away!

Such wide soundstage, with all dem sweet microdetails.
Sweet amount of bass, presented in a very gentleman way.
Dancing highs like a Spanish Flamenco dancers.

Overall, at the price points I'm super inpressed.
IMG_20190816_164757_370.jpg

Easily trade blows with my friends Andromeda V2.
Different signature is the biggest difference between these two. I actually prefer Andromeda signature for listening, but for music mixing and editing, A8 eats andros for breakfast.

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #3,844 of 11,982
So... My MoonDrop A8 has just arrived and boy... I'm blown away!

Such wide soundstage, with all dem sweet microdetails.
Sweet amount of bass, presented in a very gentleman way.
Dancing highs like a Spanish Flamenco dancers.

Overall, at the price points I'm super inpressed.

Easily trade blows with my friends Andromeda V2.
Different signature is the biggest difference between these two. I actually prefer Andromeda signature for listening, but for music mixing and editing, A8 eats andros for breakfast.

Hay there.

:beyersmile:

Aug 18, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #3,845 of 11,982
He sounds like a straightforward guy, although he did use the electret drivers. That would mean he's meeting the trend.

To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the Shure electrostatic.
Indeed, Herbert mentioned to me earlier that the SOLIS was tuned to have some electrostatic-like signature, but that's actually not the work out of that dual EST.

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #3,846 of 11,982
Aug 19, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #3,847 of 11,982
Again... I`m so glad I stayed with KP!
Seriously... I do not want any other IEM and been enjoying KP exclusively.
Hope it lasts me long time.

Kanas Pro is a good IEM. :) If you're happy with it, be content!

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #3,848 of 11,982
Hi I am interested in The Moondrop KXXS but I already have the Audiosense T800 and TFZ No.3 along more. Is it a waste for me to buy it or is it different enough to justify it?

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #3,849 of 11,982
Hi I am interested in The Moondrop KXXS but I already have the Audiosense T800 and TFZ No.3 along more. Is it a waste for me to buy it or is it different enough to justify it?

I don't have the KXXS, but am also interested in the answer to your inquiry. What's your impression of the T800 vs TFZ No 3 and what hole are you trying to fill with the KXXS?

I have the TFZ No 3 and Moondrop Crescent among others.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #3,850 of 11,982
I don't have the KXXS, but am also interested in the answer to your inquiry. What's your impression of the T800 vs TFZ No 3 and what hole are you trying to fill with the KXXS?

I have the TFZ No 3 and Moondrop Crescent among others.
I like both the T800 and the No.3 and I feel like they are the opposite of each other. The T800 with amazing treble, perfect fit and big soundstage but lacking a bit in the bass, No.3 With amazing bass but lacking a bit in the treble and the fit is not perfect for me. Mids are better on T800 but not the part that is the most different from the no.3.

As for what hole im trying to fill.....Not really sure actually.:expressionless:. But I would like something that is more neutral/balanced than those two. As I feel the No.3 is more focused on the bass and the T800 focusing on the treble.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #3,853 of 11,982
You're serious?? I actually find them quite bass heavy on some songs.
Could be the source (i'm using Fiio M6) or tips (spiral dots) i guess, or we just perceive the sound very differently.
I use it with Fiio M11 and Im used to KZs V-shaped iems so that might be why I find the T800 lacking. If it had the No.3s bass it would be perfect for me.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,854 of 11,982
Kanas Pro is a good IEM. :) If you're happy with it, be content!
For a dynamic driver, it's well tuned for tonality and doesn't suffer from the treble peaky dynamic drivers I've often experienced before, and this include really expensive ones as well. I do like the forward upper-mids of harman, bringing the sounds forward, kinda like the Sennheiser 6 series. Vocals sound so forward and enhanced, sounding quite vivid. If anybody love vocals, should look into Kanas. Last iem I like vocals was Fitear TG334, this thing has the same vocal characteristic. Good vocal texturing are rare, and Kanas does it well, providing textures and being smooth at the same time.

One area I would critisize is the bass. Need more impact, and I prefer Spaceship's bass impact. I wonder if KXXS has harder impact?

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #3,855 of 11,982
I use it with Fiio M11 and Im used to KZs V-shaped iems so that might be why I find the T800 lacking. If it had the No.3s bass it would be perfect for me.
I think regular Kanas should hit the nail for You :wink:

One area I would critisize is the bass. Need more impact, and I prefer Spaceship's bass impact. I wonder if KXXS has harder impact?
Have You tried front/nozzle vent hole tape mod + Spinfit CP100-S ?
Seriously, I can`t find fault in KP modded bass impact :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back