Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #361 of 12,007
My early impressions and opinions on the Moondrop Kanas Pro, Blessing, and A8 with comparison to the BGVP DM6.
v2VkLvk.jpg

asV1IkG.jpg

Moondrop Kanas Pro:
It is slightly heavier than A8 and Blessing but much lighter than Andromeda S. The fit is really good. I like that it’s made of metal and it cool your ears. The nozzle is big with grill. It is the smallest earphones of the three.
The bass is punchy. The vocal is more elevated than BGVP DM6 but slightly less than the Blessing. Details are good. The mid bass doesn’t drown the vocal or mid in certain songs like the DM6. Instruments separation is slightly better than the DM6.
gAPt7gX.jpg

Mod9pNu.jpg

Moondrop Blessing:
It’s very light. The fit is good. The nozzle is slightly bigger than Kanas Pro with three crossover opening holes. It is slightly smaller than the A8.
The bass is tight and not boomy. The vocal is slightly more elevated than the Kanas Pro and clearer. It is slightly more detail than the Kanas Pro has better instruments separation.
It come in a wooden box with leather looking small pouch like the A8 ane black 2-pins cable.
rh8XWSj.jpg

HltZwxy.jpg

Moondrop A8:
It’s about the same weight and size as the BGVP DM6. It will stick out of your ears. The fit is almost the same as the DM6. It has the biggest nozzle of the three with 3 crossover opening holes.
The bass is in between the Kanas Pro and Blessing but leaning toward tighter. Vocal is definitely the showcase of this earphones. The details and instruments separation are ever so slightly better than the Blessing. It sound refine, balance, and really good.
The 2-pins opening is flush and not recessed like on the Kanas Pro and Blessing. All three Moondrop earphones do not have indication of left or right so there is a slight effort in connecting the cable. It come with the same copper and silver cable as the Kanas Pro.
SA3HTwL.jpg

The Moondrop seem to emphasize vocal and detail. They are all slightly different. It’s hard to put a value to them. BGVP DM6 is not bad when comparing to the Moondrops, it has different sound signature. The DM6 emphasize boomy bass more.
r7dZcJM.jpg

Graphs were done in REW using MiniDSP EARS and iFi micro iDSD Black Label.
I will be burning these for further comparison.
Excellent post , very nice work , please also share a comparison about the soundstages of these 3 moondrop iems .

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #362 of 12,007
@vault108 Thanks a lot for the comparisons and early impressions... just from the graphs, it would seem that both Blessing and A8 have some/maybe even quite a bit of channel imbalance ? (=L and R channel would seem to graph quite differently, while for the Kanas Pro they are very similar). Do you hear that too, or maybe it's down to how they were manually measured (different insertion, adjustment, whatever)?

Jan 13, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #364 of 12,007
@vault108 Thank you so much for your efforts! appreciate it. So I wont hesitate to take Kanas Pro over DM6 & IT01s then. Looks like a real deal and suits me better

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #365 of 12,007
My early impressions and opinions on the Moondrop Kanas Pro, Blessing, and A8 with comparison to the BGVP DM6.
v2VkLvk.jpg

asV1IkG.jpg

Moondrop Kanas Pro:
It is slightly heavier than A8 and Blessing but much lighter than Andromeda S. The fit is really good. I like that it’s made of metal and it cool your ears. The nozzle is big with grill. It is the smallest earphones of the three.
The bass is punchy. The vocal is more elevated than BGVP DM6 but slightly less than the Blessing. Details are good. The mid bass doesn’t drown the vocal or mid in certain songs like the DM6. Instruments separation is slightly better than the DM6.
gAPt7gX.jpg

Mod9pNu.jpg

Moondrop Blessing:
It’s very light. The fit is good. The nozzle is slightly bigger than Kanas Pro with three crossover opening holes. It is slightly smaller than the A8.
The bass is tight and not boomy. The vocal is slightly more elevated than the Kanas Pro and clearer. It is slightly more detail than the Kanas Pro has better instruments separation.
It come in a wooden box with leather looking small pouch like the A8 ane black 2-pins cable.
rh8XWSj.jpg

HltZwxy.jpg

Moondrop A8:
It’s about the same weight and size as the BGVP DM6. It will stick out of your ears. The fit is almost the same as the DM6. It has the biggest nozzle of the three with 3 crossover opening holes.
The bass is in between the Kanas Pro and Blessing but leaning toward tighter. Vocal is definitely the showcase of this earphones. The details and instruments separation are ever so slightly better than the Blessing. It sound refine, balance, and really good.
The 2-pins opening is flush and not recessed like on the Kanas Pro and Blessing. All three Moondrop earphones do not have indication of left or right so there is a slight effort in connecting the cable. It come with the same copper and silver cable as the Kanas Pro.
SA3HTwL.jpg

The Moondrop seem to emphasize vocal and detail. They are all slightly different. It’s hard to put a value to them. BGVP DM6 is not bad when comparing to the Moondrops, it has different sound signature. The DM6 emphasize boomy bass more.
r7dZcJM.jpg

Graphs were done in REW using MiniDSP EARS and iFi micro iDSD Black Label.
I will be burning these for further comparison.
Good job, any chance you could also measure the DM6? Just for relative comparison.
Also I believe the channel imbalances are due to bad fit..

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #367 of 12,007
@vault108 thank You a lot for those graphs and short impressions! Locked down my aim for Kanas Pro for sure!
@vault108 Thank you so much for your efforts! appreciate it. So I wont hesitate to take Kanas Pro over DM6 & IT01s then. Looks like a real deal and suits me better
Same here! Another confirmation I did right choice! ;P

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #368 of 12,007
Hi guys!

May I know if there's anyone here who has both the Moondrop Kanas Pro and either the Simgot EM1 or EN700 Pro?

If so, may I request for your thoughts, impressions, et al., as to how would either of the above-mentioned Simgots compare with the Kanas Pro?

Thanks!

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #369 of 12,007
I believe one of the mic on my MiniDSP EARS is a little more recessed than the other so it create an imbalance graph. The mics themselves are also not identical. The left channel graph is more accurate but the graphs shows depending on the fit, you get different frequency response. IEMs have imbalance in them as well.

All the tests are done with rubber tips that came with the Kanas Pro and not with the memory foam. The rubber tips fit in the EARS tightly and can create blockage. I personally use memory foam for comfort plus it conform to my ear canal.
7fmEfQm.jpg

Soundstage on all of them are very good. I believe you get better soundstage with better DAC and it also depend on the volume. I do playback tests on both the Lotoo Touch and AK ES100.

Nozzle comparison for the A8 and DM6. Couldn’t get camera to focus on the nozzle.
LutQTm9.jpg

Here’s my graph for the BGVP DM6. Just ignore the right channel.
dnzjl8T.jpg

YxsRZ9p.jpg

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #372 of 12,007
Thanks @vault108 for your efforts and opinions! Very interesting!
It also makes me feel like I totally made the right choice with the Kanas Pro.

Based on your measurement (and others) I tried bringing the vocals forward a bit by boosting the 2k and 3k points by 2dB each.
I use the HiBy R3 as source for Mojo, and normally switch off all DSP to get the clean, unmanipulated signal to the Mojo.
Using the EQ does push the voices forward slightly, but at the same time the digital signal processor in the R3 kills the magic of the Mojo.

The good thig is that I don't feel the mids lacking any more, as I did at some point.
That's interesting and I wonder if I just got used to it or if it's a burn in effect. Someone was referring to such an effect.
They have been burning in for at least 100 hours and sound really good with the foam tips and I am very much looking forward to getting my customs tips made next week.
Honestly also a bit nervous if the tips will alter the sound... I like it so much as it is!

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #373 of 12,007
Hi guys!

May I know if there's anyone here who has both the Moondrop Kanas Pro and either the Simgot EM1 or EN700 Pro?

If so, may I request for your thoughts, impressions, et al., as to how would either of the above-mentioned Simgots compare with the Kanas Pro?

Thanks!

I have Kanas Pro and EN700 Pro. EN700 Pro have been my favorite/preferred IEM for a quite long time. KP are superior technically but sometime feel veiled by comparison to EN700 Pro, 3-5 khz region seems lacking a bit, I had quite a bit of difficulty to adjust to KP sound sig because of that. KP scales up to my higher end sources while EN700 Pro reaches its limits below that. If Simgot made an EN700 Pro II with DLC driver tech, I'd buy it immediately.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #374 of 12,007
I have Kanas Pro and EN700 Pro. EN700 Pro have been my favorite/preferred IEM for a quite long time. KP are superior technically but sometime feel veiled by comparison to EN700 Pro, 3-5 khz region seems lacking a bit, I had quite a bit of difficulty to adjust to KP sound sig because of that. KP scales up to my higher end sources while EN700 Pro reaches its limits below that. If Simgot made an EN700 Pro II with DLC driver tech, I'd buy it immediately.
Interesting. What source do you run your kpe with?

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #375 of 12,007
Interesting. What source do you run your kpe with?

Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black Edition with Burson v5i opamp is my desktop unit and most used source. My best and second most used source is the Questyle QP1R. I have a bunch of other sources but have only listened to KPE on those two so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back