Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #317 of 11,997
Nocturne. @Ahmad313 got them.
If also have the Nocturne and love it but someone in here said they were the worst Moondrop.
The Nocturnes are good and worst iem at the same time , the build quality is very good like KPE and the design is very eye catching and they are very comfortable too very small almost disappear in the ears you can sleep with them easily the cable is thin but soft and flexible , sound wise they are very clean and bright sounding iem with mid centric and forward vocals tuning with good depth and height but they are worst because they are too boring , being a single BA iem they have almost zero bass so you cannot enjoy the music and because of zero bass they feels too bright and harsh ,
Nocturnes are not a new release from moondrop they are very old product and i first time saw a product from moondrop and bought them because they are looking very beautiful but moondrop is very mature now ,
Note : Nocturnes are not with me right now i give them to one of my friend as a gift .

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #318 of 11,997
Mine has plenty of bass with the tips I use ..I get a good seal. If they were bright and harsh to me, I would not like them because I am sensitive to that. Also I don't know how an iem can be boring. I like to relax with my music. My music is not boring and I don't even know what it feels like to get bored... ever.

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #322 of 11,997
what a strange question, why do you need them to take 3V?
Can you eat a whole cow for 30 min?
Like I said, my upgraded opamps @ DX50 are best @ high gain.
Works only with iBasso, with KPE you'll hear a loud pop and then you'll see some black smoke coming out of the nozzles and vents along with a nasty smell. :wink:
I hope that meant yes. KP is higher impedance too, so I guess it would survive :D

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #323 of 11,997
Mine has plenty of bass with the tips I use ..I get a good seal. If they were bright and harsh to me, I would not like them because I am sensitive to that. Also I don't know how an iem can be boring. I like to relax with my music. My music is not boring and I don't even know what it feels like to get bored... ever.

In this regard, I think it's like food when you get used to the certain amount of salt in your food and then you try the same version without salt or not enough, you'll feel something is missing out or not tasteful as it is was used to be. Also, as you've said your music plays an important rule, I listen to rock/metal, so something too flat/natural it'll be kind of boring due to the lack of energy. I mean, it's listenable but not as enjoyable as a good IEM for this purpose.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #325 of 11,997
I actually like his "bad review" cuz he is honest. I don`t know if I hear similar and have similar preferences to sound as he, but for someone who has had much experience with IEMs in that price range, I count (not to be taken as trust) his opinion.

If I didn`t say it out loud, I`m going with Kanas Pro this time because when I look at graphs and read IT01S impressions, it eerly represents my thoughts about modded IT01, which makes me think that I don`t want to end up with 2 very similar IEMs and rather have KP as "sidegrade" if it doesn`t live up to graphs and impressions I`ve gotten so far.

KP it will be :) Will let You know when I have joined the "team".

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #327 of 11,997
I actually like his "bad review" cuz he is honest. I don`t know if I hear similar and have similar preferences to sound as he, but for someone who has had much experience with IEMs in that price range, I count (not to be taken as trust) his opinion.

If I didn`t say it out loud, I`m going with Kanas Pro this time because when I look at graphs and read IT01S impressions, it eerly represents my thoughts about modded IT01, which makes me think that I don`t want to end up with 2 very similar IEMs and rather have KP as "sidegrade" if it doesn`t live up to graphs and impressions I`ve gotten so far.

KP it will be :) Will let You know when I have joined the "team".

Happy to see you finally made a decision haha.

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #328 of 11,997
KP is not a sidegrade, they destroy in ears, that is their job
I surely hope so because for my preferences, gear and ears, modded IT01 will be enough hard to beat ;P

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #329 of 11,997
Im thinking of getting the kanas pro. Are they comfortable enough to use for work every day?

Jan 10, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #330 of 11,997
Im thinking of getting the kanas pro. Are they comfortable enough to use for work every day?

Definitely, I get a comfortable fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back