Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,161 of 12,007
Finally there is some fullness to the vocals with a tinge of warmth. The bass also sounds bigger. The treble has become slightly less smooth. I have 25 hours.

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #2,162 of 12,007
Aren`t those Final E tips?

nope, Final E tips has different material for its stem, usually comes with different color too, and thicker. That is sony MH tips. I have both of them.

Finally there is some fullness to the vocals with a tinge of warmth. The bass also sounds bigger. The treble has become slightly less smooth. I have 25 hours.

reach that 100 hours and enjoy your heaven

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2,163 of 12,007
I've had the Kanas Pro's for 3 weeks now, using them with an iPhone 5 and a WM1Z. They have about 100hrs of listening, I got to be honest I'm usually not a big believer in 'burn-in' but, these have really changed for the better! At first listen they were very natural, some my say flat, I rather enjoyed them off the bat although I boosted 31,60, 80, 100, about 1-2 DB to get a bit more sub bass and low end to thicken up the sound a bit. As of late I don't use any EQ and the lows are much more present almost more than my previous EQ, which is great! The bass doesn't effect the mid bass or mids negatively either. The highs are spot on! for me, not bright, shouty, or a hint of sibilance, they to have warmed up a tad, although not as noticeable as the lows. I have been using the Shure 846's for many years, while I enjoy their presentation they sure are veiled, and lacking in resolve, I still use them on certain albums, but the Kanas have taken their place.

Fit is just ok with me. I upgraded to spiral dots, hey are great. I also upgraded the cable, one with a chin/neck slider this helped immensely by pulling the cable tight around the ear. They are actually really comfortable for me, although not as secure as the 846's.

Lastly. I thought I'd give my brief thoughts about the JH audio Lola. I'm in the process of getting some demos for JH, (Lola, 13v2's) 64 audio (N8,a6t's) and Empire Audio (Legend X, Phantom) These will eventually be custom IEM's for Live use (drummer) Today I received the Lola's, I should be receiving the rest by late next week.

Man the JH shell is huge! and the bore is even longer than the kanas! They stick out of my ears like you wouldn't believe (see pic) No way these would work for me. Granted the custom molds would be slightly shorter and fit a bit deeper.

Sound: I got to be honest these things don't do it for me. Right off the bat there is a huge spike around 6-8k maybe very harsh sounding, mids seemed on par with the Kanas, lows were not even close to the impact of the Kanas, when I added the bass boost that is inline with the cable, they sounded much thicker but seems to boost 80hz and more? which seem to make the mids get pushed back. Anyways, I only gave them like 15min of time. Not for me. I'll give some more brief comparisons when I receive the rest of the demos. Cheers!

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #2,164 of 12,007
Here is a pic of the Lola's. IMG_1618.JPG

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #2,166 of 12,007
@CoiL: I arranged a unit of the MKP for my review from XxxverbotenxxxXXx and will pass this one around within us four at the green blog for at least a second review. After all, two reviews of a single unit are better than one -- and more effective. Where the unit will finally end up, I am not sure...if anybody has an idea of an intelligent give-away? The ideal receiver would be somebody without money who would get much pleasure from it...hey, that fits me :wink:.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,168 of 12,007
I've had the Kanas Pro's for 3 weeks now, using them with an iPhone 5 and a WM1Z. They have about 100hrs of listening, I got to be honest I'm usually not a big believer in 'burn-in' but, these have really changed for the better! At first listen they were very natural, some my say flat, I rather enjoyed them off the bat although I boosted 31,60, 80, 100, about 1-2 DB to get a bit more sub bass and low end to thicken up the sound a bit. As of late I don't use any EQ and the lows are much more present almost more than my previous EQ, which is great! The bass doesn't effect the mid bass or mids negatively either. The highs are spot on! for me, not bright, shouty, or a hint of sibilance, they to have warmed up a tad, although not as noticeable as the lows. I have been using the Shure 846's for many years, while I enjoy their presentation they sure are veiled, and lacking in resolve, I still use them on certain albums, but the Kanas have taken their place.

Fit is just ok with me. I upgraded to spiral dots, hey are great. I also upgraded the cable, one with a chin/neck slider this helped immensely by pulling the cable tight around the ear. They are actually really comfortable for me, although not as secure as the 846's.

Lastly. I thought I'd give my brief thoughts about the JH audio Lola. I'm in the process of getting some demos for JH, (Lola, 13v2's) 64 audio (N8,a6t's) and Empire Audio (Legend X, Phantom) These will eventually be custom IEM's for Live use (drummer) Today I received the Lola's, I should be receiving the rest by late next week.

Man the JH shell is huge! and the bore is even longer than the kanas! They stick out of my ears like you wouldn't believe (see pic) No way these would work for me. Granted the custom molds would be slightly shorter and fit a bit deeper.

Sound: I got to be honest these things don't do it for me. Right off the bat there is a huge spike around 6-8k maybe very harsh sounding, mids seemed on par with the Kanas, lows were not even close to the impact of the Kanas, when I added the bass boost that is inline with the cable, they sounded much thicker but seems to boost 80hz and more? which seem to make the mids get pushed back. Anyways, I only gave them like 15min of time. Not for me. I'll give some more brief comparisons when I receive the rest of the demos. Cheers!
Thank you for your impressions.
Did they become warm ? I love their sound. They sound slightly warm now than before, but would love if they got warmer. Waiting for it.
They are the most resolving IEM I have ATM. They beat my isine 10s in many areas. They also come very close to the planar bass with sightly more sub bass quantity.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #2,169 of 12,007
Thank you for your impressions.
Did they become warm ? I love their sound. They sound slightly warm now than before, but would love if they got warmer. Waiting for it.
They are the most resolving IEM I have ATM. They beat my isine 10s in many areas. They also come very close to the planar bass with sightly more sub bass quantity.

No problem. They have always seemed warm in my opinion, bass and soundstage just seems to be getting better....Or at least my ears are really adapting to the sound. I had the iSine 20's for a bit too, I sold them because I couldn't find a place to use them much, I agree they had slightly similar sound signatures, while I think the iSines did resolve a bit better, I think the KP have a wider more appealing signature, at least for me. I was using the Cipher cable with an iPhone, the standard 3.5 without DAC and EQ sounded very thin to my ears.

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #2,170 of 12,007
No problem. They have always seemed warm in my opinion, bass and soundstage just seems to be getting better....Or at least my ears are really adapting to the sound. I had the iSine 20's for a bit too, I sold them because I couldn't find a place to use them much, I agree they had slightly similar sound signatures, while I think the iSines did resolve a bit better, I think the KP have a wider more appealing signature, at least for me. I was using the Cipher cable with an iPhone, the standard 3.5 without DAC and EQ sounded very thin to my ears.
This looks like it was specially made to stick of everyones ears and be as much unstable and perhaps uncomfortable as it looks. It should sound like heaven to be worth using. Don't know why they made so big the main part.

The universal shells we use for demo purposes are still based off of our original Layla/Angie design but we're slowly phasing them out. You'll notice with some of our newer models such as the Diana and Billie Jean the shells have decreased in size by about %40 so keep an eye out, we've been doing our homework and I think you'll like what's next :wink: ALSO, I love reading the head-fi forums especially when it comes to the critiques of our products and would be very interested to hear about what we can improve on directly from the hifi community. I'm looking forward to talking with/getting to know everyone!

-Andrew
Art Director and Indusrial Designer for JH Audio HQ

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #2,171 of 12,007
The universal shells we use for demo purposes are still based off of our original Layla/Angie design but we're slowly phasing them out. You'll notice with some of our newer models such as the Diana and Billie Jean the shells have decreased in size by about %40 so keep an eye out, we've been doing our homework and I think you'll like what's next :wink: ALSO, I love reading the head-fi forums especially when it comes to the critiques of our products and would be very interested to hear about what we can improve on directly from the hifi community. I'm looking forward to talking with/getting to know everyone!

-Andrew
Art Director and Indusrial Designer for JH Audio HQ

Thanks for the reply Andrew. Actually my facility (Spokane Convention Center) just purchased 2 sets of the newer (smaller) JH13V2's. I look forward to the new fit! Props to Alex Stewart for getting us setup with these, also the few demos I've come across the past year and last. Cheers!

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #2,172 of 12,007

I've demoed the 64Audio N8, I really like it. Too bad it doesn't come in universal shell.

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #2,173 of 12,007
What's everyone's impression of the blessing's?

2 data points that get me very interested in hearing the Blessings are Crinacle's review and rating,
https://crinacle.com/2019/02/02/moondrop-blessing/
https://crinacle.com/ranking-list/
Measurement: https://imgur.com/ORx304A

and this post in the Xelento thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyerdynamic-xelento.827372/page-75#post-14472461

From these sources I expect them to be leaning a bit towards the brighter side with clean and slightly lean bass.
Sounds like the DD bass has been tuned to be more coherent with BA signature, giving up some weight.

The problem is, I am supremely happy with my current IEMs, am certain the Blessings will not be an improvement, at best a different take at higher cost, and I feel no need to spend any additional money.
Weird... :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #2,175 of 12,007
The imbalance is caused by moisture on the filter/damper/screen on top of the nozzle. I had the same problem. My KPE sounded muffled when i listened to music for an hour. I had to stop and must wait for 10 minutes until it is dried out. Now i sold my KPE because of that problem. My Tanchjim Oxygen has the same problem but not so often. I think the concept with a damper on top of the nozzle is a bad idea to tune the sound of the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back