Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 14, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #2,191 of 12,007
What do you guys think KPE plays best with out of HiBy R3, FiiO M6 or Hidizs AP80? I heard it sounds well with the R3.

Also, what are the dimensions? I'm very scared that the KPE won't fit, but I really want to get them. I have Shure se215 and they almost touch the sides around.

Thank you in advance :)

Apr 14, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #2,193 of 12,007
What do you guys think KPE plays best with out of HiBy R3, FiiO M6 or Hidizs AP80? I heard it sounds well with the R3.

Also, what are the dimensions? I'm very scared that the KPE won't fit, but I really want to get them. I have Shure se215 and they almost touch the sides around.

Thank you in advance :)

I can confirm that the KPE is a good match with the HiBy R3.
Some people on the R3 thread say the FIIO M6 doesn't sound as good as the R3 but has much better streaming support.
(I use R3 with Tidal, but only to access my favorites, no Tidal offline or search)
Hidiz had a lot of issues with the UI of the AP60, I'd check for feedback.

Fit of the KPE can be a little challenging as they have a rather long and big nozzle, but I have small conchas and narrow ear channels and I managed it.
The shell rested against my ear, but that is actually comfortable.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #2,194 of 12,007
The M6 is fine as is the AP80. I returned the M6 and exchanged for M9 which sounds more open and clean than M6. It's closer to how my XDP-300r sounds. I found the M6 is more mid focused and more closed-in sounding.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #2,195 of 12,007
The M6 is fine as is the AP80. I returned the M6 and exchanged for M9 which sounds more open and clean than M6. It's closer to how my XDP-300r sounds. I found the M6 is more mid focused and more closed-in sounding.
What is happening when you connect your Kanas Pro to the RME ADI-2 DAC?
i heard that the RME ADI-2 DAC is amazing with IEM s

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,196 of 12,007
What is happening when you connect your Kanas Pro to the RME ADI-2 DAC?
i heard that the RME ADI-2 DAC is amazing with IEM s

A fourth dimension opens up and my body and mind get sucked into the world of ADI2.

The RME ADI2-DAC is really just a great piece of hardware. It's very transparent and clean and the noise floor is ultra low so it works well with even the most sensitive IEMs. Compared to other DACs and players I've used, it ADI2 DAC is way more revealing. The amp section for over-ears is also really good though could use a little more power. I use balanced out to my THX AAA Monolith balanced amp for my HE560 and that sounds better. The ADI2 DAC is a bit harsh with the HE560 on it's own, but is more smooth sounding (less treble sharpness) on the Monolith THX with XLR.

That said, it's probably overkill for the Moondrop KP. While the KP is a great IEM under $200, it's not the most resolving. It's also an IEM that doesn't really need EQ or crossfeed, which are the primary features I bought the unit to begin with. I've been using the Campfire Andromeda and Solaris this past week on the ADI2 DAC and it's been really nice. They also sound nice out of the Fiio M9 and XDP-300R too. The KP, while great, is still quite a big step down from the Solaris.

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #2,197 of 12,007
I just compared the KP to 64 audio N8 and A6t. In short I preferred the sound of the KP, both 64 audio IEM's were too boomy and bass heavy which effected the mids, made the overall presentation sounding muddy. Also enjoy the highs of the KP over the 64 'tia' driver signature, in which my opinion isn't as smooth or resolving. KP are a much more neutral IEM with a wider soundstage, and funner to listen too. I find myself pulling going through albums I haven't heard in years and discovering new things in the mix. I did enjoy the comfort of the 64 audio iem's though, a bit more secure. Crazy to think I prefer a $180 over a $1,800 IEM. Just my take though. Cheers!

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #2,198 of 12,007
I just compared the KP to 64 audio N8 and A6t. In short I preferred the sound of the KP, both 64 audio IEM's were too boomy and bass heavy which effected the mids, made the overall presentation sounding muddy. Also enjoy the highs of the KP over the 64 'tia' driver signature, in which my opinion isn't as smooth or resolving. KP are a much more neutral IEM with a wider soundstage, and funner to listen too. I find myself pulling going through albums I haven't heard in years and discovering new things in the mix. I did enjoy the comfort of the 64 audio iem's though, a bit more secure. Crazy to think I prefer a $180 over a $1,800 IEM. Just my take though. Cheers!

That is interesting indeed! I had a listen to the 64 Tia Fourte and compared it with the KPE, and came to a different conclusion. What source and music did you use for the comparison?
KPE is good for the money, but not perfect. The KPE has very special mids, which make it sound so good with some music, but not all.

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #2,199 of 12,007
That is interesting indeed! I had a listen to the 64 Tia Fourte and compared it with the KPE, and came to a different conclusion. What source and music did you use for the comparison?
KPE is good for the money, but not perfect. The KPE has very special mids, which make it sound so good with some music, but not all.

Sony WMZ1, iPhone 6, Shure P6HW wired bodypack.

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,200 of 12,007

What about KP vs Andromeda?

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #2,201 of 12,007
The KPE
The KPE is a shockingly good IEM. After repeated listenings im getting really addicted to its sound. Also, the sound stage is really quite large, and by that I mean the audio queues in music seem outside my head in a lot of cases. If i had to guess, its because of the near perfect phase and response curve matching for left and right.

Apr 15, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #2,202 of 12,007
What about KP vs Andromeda?

Andromeda is slightly darker and more mid-foward, and has upper end treble where the KP has that cliff roll-off (followed by a spike just after 10K). In terms of width, they are pretty similar. I prefer the fit of the KP, but I like the detail of the Andromeda.

Apr 15, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #2,203 of 12,007
Some news from them:
Amadeus is temporarily suspended, since kxxs have better general performance.
They have came up with a new version of solis with 4BA +2ES ,that should be a totally different design from the version in January, I guess. And was already exhibited in SIAV a few days ago.
Kxxs will not be more than 1500 yuan in China.
There are at least 2 or 3 new products to be released next month.

Apr 15, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,204 of 12,007
i just got that cable for my KP, it fits perfectly, i am not sure about sound changes compared to the TRN 8 core, very comfortable to wear the earphones
lyre-acoustics-pansy-700x700.jpg

Apr 15, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #2,205 of 12,007
i just got that cable for my KP, it fits perfectly, i am not sure about sound changes compared to the TRN 8 core, very comfortable to wear the earphones
Ordered this from alie and after few weeks waiting they answered that they don't have it and already isn't available. So had to cancel order and money back. So left without good 2.5 cable for moondrop. Happy that you received it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back