Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #1,621 of 12,011
I would have to disagree here. Shure started the removable interchangeable nozzle filter system that was/is copied by a lot of newer companies, also no other manufacturer ( to my knowledge) is using a low pass filter which gives amazing sub bass response without saturating the low mids. I guess I don't under stand what the Chi-fi companies are doing differently, could you explain the 'different era of technology'? Most seem to be using BA drivers, some use.dynamic drivers.

You misunderstand my point. Maybe I didn't explain it very well, so I accept responsibility. I'm not talking about how Chinese companies are doing things differently...I'm talking about the fact they're doing things more EFFICIENTLY and CHEAPLY - and undercutting other markets. They may indeed be doing things differently and pushing the envelope as it goes, but that wasn't my point.
What's going on in China is fascinating. Have a read about Shenzhen and how it's becoming acknowledged as the tech capital of the world: https://medium.com/wonk-bridge/shenzhen-the-tech-capital-of-the-world-7b1a0469c39f
https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...side-shenzhens-high-tech-empire/#154f77fb4f36
It's one of the reasons Alibaba has become one of the biggest companies in the world.

All I'm really saying is, this is good news. Tech is advancing and getting cheaper. And the companies that are overcharging will understand that there are other options. I'm fed up with paying $1000 for stuff that's marginally better (it at all...and even sometimes inferior) than stuff that's $100 or less. And I'm less willing to be seduced by the margins of improvement. (But I'm older and wiser than most of you lot :wink:

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #1,622 of 12,011
You misunderstand my point. Maybe I didn't explain it very well, so I accept responsibility. I'm not talking about how Chinese companies are doing things differently...I'm talking about the fact they're doing things more EFFICIENTLY and CHEAPLY - and undercutting other markets. They may indeed be doing things differently and pushing the envelope as it goes, but that wasn't my point.
What's going on in China is fascinating. Have a read about Shenzhen and how it's becoming acknowledged as the tech capital of the world: https://medium.com/wonk-bridge/shenzhen-the-tech-capital-of-the-world-7b1a0469c39f
https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...side-shenzhens-high-tech-empire/#154f77fb4f36
It's one of the reasons Alibaba has become one of the biggest companies in the world.

All I'm really saying is, this is good news. Tech is advancing and getting cheaper. And the companies that are overcharging will understand that there are other options. I'm fed up with paying $1000 for stuff that's marginally better (it at all...and even sometimes inferior) than stuff that's $100 or less. And I'm less willing to be seduced by the margins of improvement. (But I'm older and wiser than most of you lot :wink:

Thanks for the clarification and the links!

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #1,623 of 12,011

Yup, all true!

As a completely off topic aside, since you point out the positives of Shenzhen (and since I have spent some time there myself I would agree with), I would also point out a darker picture of the path it is on...

I interacted with quite a few teams in China working on AI, and now I understand why there is such a focus on it there...

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #1,624 of 12,011
Yup, all true!

As a completely off topic aside, since you point out the positives of Shenzhen (and since I have spent some time there myself I would agree with), I would also point out a darker picture of the path it is on...

I interacted with quite a few teams in China working on AI, and now I understand why there is such a focus on it there...

Hm. Wow. Interesting video. For every positive there’s a negative it seems. The march of AI eh. We’re all doomed :-/

Mar 17, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,625 of 12,011
Can someone help me with a good pair of eartips for the Kansas Pro? I still haven't found something that sits really tight and on the Shure KSE1200 I noticed how dramatic consequences for the sound a difference between a good seal and a perfect seal actually has. So far i tried the Kansas Pro stock tips, comply tips and Symbio tips which are my favourite so far but still not ideal. I'd love to see the yellow Shure foam tips made for the size of the Kansas Pro... if anybody knows something similar pls let me now.

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #1,626 of 12,011
Can someone help me with a good pair of eartips for the Kansas Pro? I still haven't found something that sits really tight and on the Shure KSE1200 I noticed how dramatic consequences for the sound a difference between a good seal and a perfect seal actually has. So far i tried the Kansas Pro stock tips, comply tips and Symbio tips which are my favourite so far but still not ideal. I'd love to see the yellow Shure foam tips made for the size of the Kansas Pro... if anybody knows something similar pls let me now.
I'm using KZ Starlights right now.... Have also used wide bore silicones (From Aivio). Both work fo me. Both in Large size for my ears.

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,627 of 12,011
Mar 17, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #1,628 of 12,011

These work really well for me.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Repl...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #1,629 of 12,011

Spinfit CP145 works well foir me

Mar 17, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #1,630 of 12,011
Mar 17, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #1,631 of 12,011
Thanks. The T5 in terms of graph look very similar to the 846's I enjoy so much, at least the highs rolling off. I may try these. I enjoy the KP for the most part but they are too bright for my liking. Thanks.

Have you tried a few different foam tips yet to fatten up the signature? My KPEs won't be here until Tuesday but I ordered a few different types of memory foam tips to go along with the 30+ pairs of silicone I have laying around so I'll find something that works.

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #1,632 of 12,011
Have you tried a few different foam tips yet to fatten up the signature? My KPEs won't be here until Tuesday but I ordered a few different types of memory foam tips to go along with the 30+ pairs of silicone I have laying around so I'll find something that works.
I don't find the trebble/highs to be too bright. For me it's just about perfect level of treble. No sibilance for me too. Others may hear differently.

Mar 18, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #1,634 of 12,011
Yea the Kanas Pro isn't too bright for me either, but I do know another head-fi'er who tried my set and he found them a little bright. He did EQ it down and seemed to enjoy it enough to consider buying them.

Mar 18, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #1,635 of 12,011
KPE can sound a bit congested in busier part of songs. But still pretty good.
...not with my unit :confused: I listen lot of very complex tracks (prog rock) and it is marvelous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back