Moon Audio Reviews
Aug 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #182 of 328
Have ordered Qualia blue dragon recable and adapter cables along with a pair of Audeze LCD2 rev2.
All arrived safely.  The cable were perfect and carefully and solidly made as usual by Drew.
Thanks for that.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #183 of 328
I ordered some wire from Drew using his new site and it all went well. He promptly refunded me the difference when the shipping turned out less than what his web site had quoted too. Great site and service.

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #184 of 328
Custom Length Silver Dragon for LCD2-Rev1

I recently placed a custom order for a 8 foot silver dragon for my lcd-2 and a pair of Mni XLR to HD650 adapters so that I could use the cables on my Sennheissers as well. The order was despatched in less than two weeks, and received it in Australia very promptly.

Drew provided very good pre-sales advice and recommended for Moon to build the adapters. The build quality is first class.. and I'm very happy with the finished product.

As for the how the LCD sounds with the silver dragon on my WA22 amp.... I intend to run in the cables for a couple of hundred hours before posting my detailed thoughts. First impressions are.... Definitely improved high end extension over the stock cable.... smooth and non fatiguing treble..... and no apparent loss at all in the bottom end (Still rock solid and heart felt).... very clean and cohesive through out the frequency spectrum... tight, punchy and quicker sounding... Will provide a more detailed review in three weeks.... this cable upgrade is as significant as tube rolling.... I'm now convinced the LCD2 really does benefit from better cables .. and silver is a good choice :)

Many thanks Drew

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #186 of 328
I ordered a black dragon 5ft for the HE series terminating into a furutech plug and I got them very quickly and promptly.  Thanks Drew for reimbursing me with what wasn't needed for the shipping.  GREAT COMPANY!! I'll be getting my LCD-2 from you or the HE-500!  
Aloha

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #187 of 328
I have purchased Cardas Golder Reference speaker cables from Drew. He did everything possible to provide accurate information and arrange for efficient shipping, which was not so easy having in mind that I live on the other side of the Globe. Communication was top notch and product received was even better :) I chose Moon Audio due to their reputation after some poor experience on Audiogon with others. With Drew, everything went through smoothly and I can highly recommend Moon Audio. Drew became my hi-fi supplier of choice out of all sources available on the Net, and I tried many of them. What more can I say - just rely on him and you won't be wrong. Bravo for dedication, honesty and reasonable pricing! Regards from Z Popovic, civil engineer, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #188 of 328
Hello,
This is my third transaction with Moon Audio in recent years, this time around I sent a subwoofer cable into Drew Baird for some repair work on a broken ground wire at the solder connection, he was very fast to respond to my email with this problem, I sent him my cable the next day and within a few short days it was back at my door, Drew came through for me and I am thrilled to have my cable up and running in my system again, thanks again Drew for the great customer service that I get from you, it is appreciated and I will continue to do business with you, take care.

Best regards,
James Morrissette

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #189 of 328
I had Drew recable my Denon D2000s with a D7000 cable that I sent along with the 'phones. I halfway expected Drew to be less-than-enthused about attaching a cable that wasn't one of his, but that wasn't the case at all. The quality of Drew's workmanship was impressive and I had my Denons back in less than two weeks. Drew responded quickly to every e-mail I sent, and he even returned my old D2K cable back to me.

Drew has made a new customer, and I will soon order a Silver Dragon cable for my HD650s.

Sep 8, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #190 of 328
Hello,

Just received the T70p (wow the delivery was fast !) with some mods : 4 ft Blue Dragon split recable. The workmanship is excellent, I can't see any flaws and I understand now why people recommand Moon-audio for recable works ! Really good company that I will recommand in the future and It will be a pleasure to order more stuffs there !
In few weeks I will do a review about the headphones.

Thanks !

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #191 of 328
Received my Black Dragon recabled Beyer T70 (hard wired balanced with 4-pin XLR, split mod) along with a Black Dragon 4-pin XLR to 1/4" adapter cable.
Great quality parts/cable and modification work, as usual!

Thank you Drew!

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #192 of 328
Hello,

I received Silver Dragon recable Beyerdynamic DT1350 quite before. Thanks became slow. I considerably like it and use it every day. I took it for last Tokyo headphones Festival. Because English conversation is not possible, I forgot to thank it in a meeting place, but thank you for good headphones and cable.

Thank you Drew!

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #193 of 328
Ordered on the 29th and it got here on the 1st amazing cable (blue dragon v3 for my HE-5LE headphones) thank you again Drew! Thanks again for the fast work and quality.

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #194 of 328
Over the past three months I have purchased a Fostex HP-P1 and a Beyer DT1350 which I had him recable using his IEM Silver Dragon cable which look great and a similarly cabled Senn HD-25-1 ii.  I wanted flexibility in my headphone cable so I went with the unconventional IEM cable  and I got flexibility and great sound together.  

I also have purchased the IEM Silver Dragon cable from Drew for my Westone 4r.  I highly recommend this cable for the 4r..opens the earphone up greatly making it exactly what I enjoy.  Thought the 4r was slightly warm(veiled) before now the imaging is where I want it and the precise articulate sound across all frequencies is handled very well.

Great service, fast shipping on all counts.

Items that I have purchased from Drew over the past few months:
1 Beyer DT1350 recabled with his IEM Silver Dragon wire terminated for his connector system
1 Senn HD-25-1 ii with his IEM Silver Dragon wire terminated for his connector system
1 Fostex HP-P1 amp/dac
1 IEM Silver Dragon SR-71B to iBasso DB2 connector
1 Westone 4r IEM Silver Dragon cable terminated for his connector system

Connector system components:
2 - 1/8" singled ended 
2 - balance 
1 - 1/4" singled ended 

Great service and communications with Drew.  Thanks for being a Head-Fi supporter as well.

Obviously I do like doing business with Moon Audio.

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #195 of 328
Wow!  Received my Blue Dragon bulk cable and Furutech 1/4" connector(audio bling) from Drew this week.  I had previuosly ordered the Cardas Sennhesier connectors.  Built a beautiful cable for my HD600s.  Drew's suggestion was spot on. The cable sounds great with the Valhallla.  Now I have to do my Grados.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back