Moon Audio Reviews
May 4, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #166 of 328
i received my balanced silver dragons for my JH13s (terminated to XLR with 1/8" and SR71B-adapters) and my LCD-2 (terminated to balanced SR71B) yesterday. build quality is excellent, as is the sound quality. communication was always extremely fast and helpful also.
nothing to complain about...heavily impressed with the whole process
thanks drew!

May 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #167 of 328
Just ordered several things recently from Moon-Audio including Cardas Crosslink interconnects and Blue Dragon Power cord. Also asked Drew to reterminate a 4-ft DH-Labs Silver Sonic cable into two separate cables. Very happy about the products. Blue Dragon Power cord is such a monster. i thought that i wouldn't hear a difference, but i think i did.
It was also such a pleasure to talk to Drew. I am really a huge fan of Moon-Audio now.

May 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #168 of 328
Last week i ordered for my LCD 2 THE SILVER DRAGON V3 from Moon Audio.

The Service is very excelent, less than one week i have received my Silver Dragon V3 Cable.

Bravo Moon Audio for the excelent Service

Cheers 

Rudi

May 31, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #170 of 328
Purchased a pair of Beyer T1's with the mini-XLR cable management/adapter system using Moon Audio's Silver Dragon V3. I kind of miss the look of the braiding on the V2s, but have absolutely no qualms about the quality of the cable and the work done on the phones.  I was especially impressed that the Beyers had come rewrapped and sealed even though they had been opened to complete the cable mod. Excellent quality as usual.

I should note that Drew responded to me literally within minutes of my request for a quote and I had my order done that day after several of my questions were quickly answered.

The phones do need break-in time and I found that even though I was playing pink nose at a low volume for 24 hours straight, making sure the volume was high enough while playing pink noise made a huge difference in how the details cleared up, so if you do get these phones, make sure you break them in at a higher volume for an extended period of time.

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #171 of 328
purchased an impedence adapter from moon audio , arrived today.
a quality product, well made, delivered really quickly ,to uk.
Drew was easy to deal with, again.
this kind of service just makes me want to come back.

i would like to add this adapter is not the standard 125 ohm item, seen on their web site.
it is a spescially made item (50 ohm).
extremely quick delivery, form date of order to now.

adapter solved my  "hiss" issue, so i am a very happy customer.
would recommend Moon audio to anyone.
Simon

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #172 of 328
Have you calculated the adapters' impedance of 50 Ohm in advance and further whats the impedance of your headphones?

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #173 of 328
my denons are 25 ohm.
i have sen hd280,64 ohm, where the hiss was minimal.
so went for 50 ohm for the adaptor based on that.

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #174 of 328
Thanks a lot!! :)

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #175 of 328
Purchased a pair of DT880 600's from Drew recabled with Black Dragon and using the adapter.  Very nice work!  Drew was responsive, though my impatience to buy headphones may or may not have angered him!  HAH!  Sorry Drew!

My only complaint is that there was a small cut in the cable where the cable enters the headphone on the left side.  Shouldn't be an issue, but I'm not too upset.

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #176 of 328
I just received my modified Silver Dragon (SE to 4 pin XLR + XLR to SE adapter) [sent it back to Drew to re-terminate it] and have to say that his workmanship is fantastic. Very solid and well made. Thanks again for talking me into the 4 pin XLR to SE adapter as I can now use my LCD-2s in either my balanced WA22 or SE Lyr. Again, the construction is fantastic and the customer service was, as always, top notch. :smile:

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #177 of 328
I had Drew recable my modded denons, turnaround was very quick, and the quality of work is top notch. Here are my initial impressions of them:

I can really notice the difference down low, all of the drum hits in my music seem much more natural and controlled, more of a proper thump. Much more definition and texture in the bass than before. I'm also very pleased with the physical characteristics of the cable, sturdy but flexible with a nice glossy black finish, the Furutech plug looks great as well.

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #178 of 328
Purchased a couple LCD-2 from Drew (Moon audio). He answered for all question and shipping was great. highly recommended. 
o2smile.gif

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #179 of 328
Purchased HIFIMAN HE-500, Drew (Moon Audio) responded promptly to all questions order processed and shipped within 24 hrs. Received HE-500 within 2 days of placing order, HE-500 double boxed excellent transaction.

Aug 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #180 of 328
Purchased LCD2 rev2 from  Drew along with the recable for Qualia and some adapter
cables.   The transaction went smoothly,   the product was very well built assembled
and of perfect quality as usual for Drew's work.  Thanks so much
Kiertijai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back