Montreal GT meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 76
[Let's stop quoting one another, lol]

Few? there are none!

My house, tonight! J/k, I'm in Alma Lac--St-Jean. No idea, but we're two that's a good start I say!

Again I can't go too far away this summer I'm on foot basically, or on bicycle but I'd have trouble carrying my stuff.

Well it would be a bad time right now for me since my beyers are in for repairs and I have no idea when I'm getting them back. I'm also planning to trade them for a pair of HD800...

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #17 of 76
I can always take a bus to Montreal. I just happen to live close to the terminus of an express bus route to Montreal. I got rid of my car when I went back to school... so I'm kinda limited in my movements.

Waiting for school to start makes sens if you consider that it's the time of the year where students get back to Montreal. But it's also a very busy period where we get back to class... So I don't know. I suppose it's a question of matching everybody's schedule.

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #18 of 76
I can always take a bus to Montreal. I just happen to live close to the terminus of an express bus route to Montreal. I got rid of my car when I went back to school... so I'm kinda limited in my movements.

Waiting for school to start makes sens if you consider that it's the time of the year where students get back to Montreal. But it's also a very busy period where we get back to class... So I don't know. I suppose it's a question of matching everybody's schedule.

Well I didn't do so well in my last semester and I'm probably not going to be allowed out much during the school year =/ I'd prefer before school starts. Maybe a couple weeks before?

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #19 of 76
My friends would be willing to come with me if this comes through...
I influenced their purchases a lot... got my friend to buy the M50s (which most of us have heard) and another friend to buy the FA 006.

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #21 of 76
I actually never heard the M50.

And yes, a week or two before class start would be a good time for me. Sometimes at the end of August?

Would give us time to find a meeting place and prepare transportation and such so sounds good. Any ideas where to actually meet though? I'd like a place I can get to with public transit preferably...

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #23 of 76
Hum it's always a tight transition for me, leaving my job, packing my things and going back to school.

I'll see what I can do though! See if I can enter my residence one week before the 27 when school starts.

Yes finding a room won't be a problem for me :wink:, it'll be on the campus of the University of Montréal, it would be easy to just take an empty class (make sure in advance that its empty) inside my school, but really I'd like to reserve and have the residence's party room unlocked for us.

Really I'm only worried about the power bars we'll need, I suggest we all bring some sort of divisor/extension to be able to make use different wall outlets, in the room we'll end up with.

Bring all the friends you want, tell them I have an upgraded Grado HP2i :p it'll surely peak there interest no?

I'll be glad even if we're not many though. Smaller Head-Fi meet means we'll be able to get to know ourselves better! Kim you will be good to find a transport??

It will be tricky if you want to bring your gear, although I'm not too scared because none of us has anything really too huge to carry.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #24 of 76
Ah I didn't know you were working this summer. I thought you were taking a more serious break.

Good call about the power bar and extension cord. I had not thought about this issue.

You're sure you'll be able to get a room/class for free?

I'll just take the bus and then the metro. Good thing UdM is right by a metro station. I plan on bringing everything you see in my signature, plus my laptop. I still don't know how I'll pack all this up for transport though. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #25 of 76
Hum it's always a tight transition for me, leaving my job, packing my things and going back to school.

I'll see what I can do though! See if I can enter my residence one week before the 27 when school starts.

Yes finding a room won't be a problem for me :wink:, it'll be on the campus of the University of Montréal, it would be easy to just take an empty class (make sure in advance that its empty) inside my school, but really I'd like to reserve and have the residence's party room unlocked for us.

Really I'm only worried about the power bars we'll need, I suggest we all bring some sort of divisor/extension to be able to make use different wall outlets, in the room we'll end up with.

Bring all the friends you want, tell them I have an upgraded Grado HP2i :p it'll surely peak there interest no?

I'll be glad even if we're not many though. Smaller Head-Fi meet means we'll be able to get to know ourselves better! Kim you will be good to find a transport??

It will be tricky if you want to bring your gear, although I'm not too scared because none of us has anything really too huge to carry.

My friends really are not into audio as much as I am, but I've influenced their view of it and got them to think more about the quality. They don't spend time reading about products and going to try them and whatnot, but that HP2i definitely has me interested xD
And I'll have my friends to help me carry stuff (not to mention I don't have big desktop systems... yet, but I definitely want to try some of yours xD)

And what date were you thinking?
I'm in Cegep right now and we might start at different times.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #26 of 76
Quote:
Ah I didn't know you were working this summer. I thought you were taking a more serious break.

Good call about the power bar and extension cord. I had not thought about this issue.

You're sure you'll be able to get a room/class for free?

I'll just take the bus and then the metro. Good thing UdM is right by a metro station. I plan on bringing everything you see in my signature, plus my laptop. I still don't know how I'll pack all this up for transport though. 
biggrin.gif

Yep I'm busboy (and security agent, just to "les dépanner" when they need) at touristic complex La Dam-en-Terre.

Well I've done some LAN party and the general rule is that you get only one outlet, so you need to figure out what you want to do with it :p, what are your electrical need, and yeah, bring your "bar".

I'm fairly positive (almost 100%) I'll be able to get a room class for free. I will fight to death, pay myself, or do both if required :p. Even if all my plans for having our own fancy room with couches and decent lighting fails, each of he ~20 floors of the residences has a large (larger than like 10 Head-fiers would really need) never used --other than for some exceptional occasion, like us-- living-room with 2-3 square tables, 5-6 chairs, and we can bring the ones from the floors under if needed.

Yeah me too it's very much just the stuff in my signature. Something like a suitcase full and a back pack, of gear.

Quote:
My friends really are not into audio as much as I am, but I've influenced their view of it and got them to think more about the quality. They don't spend time reading about products and going to try them and whatnot, but that HP2i definitely has me interested xD
And I'll have my friends to help me carry stuff (not to mention I don't have big desktop systems... yet, but I definitely want to try some of yours xD)
And what date were you thinking?
I'm in Cegep right now and we might start at different times.

Yeah I'm mentioning HP2i because it's my best headphones, and a rare one too.

But I don't think your friends have heard about it haha.

Date?! Hum, wait. I still need to contact the residences to ask them if I can arrive in advance and pay them the extra days. I'm very positive they'll agree though, I've already did that. I would give myself one full week.

Personally I start school on Monday the 27th of August. So virtually any date between the 20 and the 27 would do. Let's vote for one, or agree unequivocally if we can.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #27 of 76
I will start redirecting all Head-Fiers I know from Québec to this thread :p, yo can do the save if you know any.

Just right of my head I can think of only one, Dleblanc__(numbers), but I know there are more currently active on here, and if  you search for the threads of the past Montréal Head-Fi meets (there was a small surge of popularity for these in 2007-2008) there was quite a few guys. I will charge myself of PMing them all. Some might respond if they have e-mail notification still on :p

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #28 of 76
Yep I'm busboy (and security agent, just to "les dépanner" when they need) at touristic complex La Dam-en-Terre.

Well I've done some LAN party and the general rule is that you get only one outlet, so you need to figure out what you want to do with it :p, what are your electrical need, and yeah, bring your "bar".

I'm fairly positive (almost 100%) I'll be able to get a room class for free. I will fight to death, pay myself, or do both if required :p. Even if all my plans for having our own fancy room with couches and decent lighting fails, each of he ~20 floors of the residences has a large (larger than like 10 Head-fiers would really need) never used --other than for some exceptional occasion, like us-- living-room with 2-3 square tables, 5-6 chairs, and we can bring the ones from the floors under if needed.

Yeah me too it's very much just the stuff in my signature. Something like a suitcase full and a back pack, of gear.

Yeah I'm mentioning HP2i because it's my best headphones, and a rare one too.

But I don't think your friends have heard about it haha.

Date?! Hum, wait. I still need to contact the residences to ask them if I can arrive in advance and pay them the extra days. I'm very positive they'll agree though, I've already did that. I would give myself one full week.

Personally I start school on Monday the 27th of August. So virtually any date between the 20 and the 27 would do. Let's vote for one, or agree unequivocally if we can.

Damn, I start on Monday the 20th... Though I could always take a trip over after school but scheduling with friends might not be as lenient.
It would have to be a weekend thing for me if it's during that period.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #29 of 76
Jeez you start early! lol.

Hum, I could arrive on the 17th too, but I'm not as positive I'll be able to quit my job easily at that point, they'll still need me.

We can do it on the 25-26 last weekend of August?

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #30 of 76
I will start redirecting all Head-Fiers I know from Québec to this thread :p, yo can do the save if you know any.

Just right of my head I can think of only one, Dleblanc__(numbers), but I know there are more currently active on here, and if  you search for the threads of the past Montréal Head-Fi meets (there was a small surge of popularity for these in 2007-2008) there was quite a few guys. I will charge myself of PMing them all. Some might respond if they have e-mail notification still on :p

I know dleblanc in real life... He works at one of the audio shops. I went in to talk to him. He'd probably be down to go.

I'll have to chat with my parents since I'm pretty sure they won't want me doing anything the entire school year, even if it is the first week of school >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back